Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome

Welcome to the all new Bargains Forum. This forum is for people to post any bargains they might come across in their very own individual threads, making them easier to find and allowing members to discuss said bargains, which branches have them (if they are restricted to certain areas), give thanks to the original poster for highlighting the bargains etc etc.

Please be aware that if a bargains thread is completely OTT then it will be removed without warning and could result in the original poster receiving a rather stern pm - we don't want to know if Waitrose has a special two for one offer on fish fingers, or whether a multi-pack of maxi strength sanitry towels is cheaper at Boots than Tesco's ... please use your common sense when posting.

Usual forum rules apply.

Thank you.

EDIT: would be helpful to everyone if when posting a gaming bargain you could put the following in the thread title thanks.

eg Game Title(s) / System(s) / Retailer / Price
    Last edited by VR46; 31-12-2007, 14:46. Reason: added edit

*off down Waitrose*

Comment

Is there much chance of reopening the gaming related bargains thread? I'm sure it'll be alot easier keeping track of the deals in that, rather than trawling through page after page of individual stores worth of bargains.

Perhaps as an alternative, you could sticky a seperate thread for each of the video game outlet websites?

Comment

The plan should be for each thread to be titled something like "Virtua Fighter 5 £17.99 at Game" and then you'd only need to look at the list of topics for the latest bargains, and click any that interest you if you've got questions about the retailer, etc. If it just ends up as there being a Game thread, a Play thread, a Gameplay thread, etc, it'll be a waste of time and the bargains thread would work better.

Comment

Ah, this is much better I reckon.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

My only objection to this is that I like to be able to have a quick check of the forum sometimes and bargains is one of the threads I go to. Having a seperate forum means I have to open yet another page.

I tried to add an RSS bookmark, but it doesn't seem to work. I use that for HUKD and others.

Comment

Could folks put more detail in the thread titles, ie the price? Just makes it easier to skim-read

Comment

As with HotUkDeals and the like can people edit their thread titles to add EXPIRED if the deal has well, expired or sold out. Thanks.

PS. As Pete and someone else above said,

Game Title(s) / System(s) / Retailer / Price as a thread title would be nice please.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                    I tried to add an RSS bookmark, but it doesn't seem to work. I use that for HUKD and others.
                    I think it's because these sections of the forum are only available to certain users when you're logged in. This will scupper your RSS reader (IE included, even though it detects the feed). HUKD is open to anonymous users so doesn't suffer from the problem.

Comment

Shouldn't this be "gaming bargains forum"? It's being overun by films at the moment.

Comment

What about non-gaming bargains, then, charlesr?

The bargains thread has been removed from the non-gaming trading forum, and that was a great source of bargains for movies.

Comment

Thought only blue's had access to the non-gaming forum?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Shouldn't this be "gaming bargains forum"? It's being overun by films at the moment.
                            The outline description of the Bargains Forum on the Main Page states:

"The place to post individual threads relating to bargains whether gaming or non-gaming."

This hopefully should clear things up?

Comment

Think it's probably my edit of John's original post which has confused things. Go me (again).

Will change

EDIT: would be helpful to everyone if you could put the following in the thread title thanks.

Game Title(s) / System(s) / Retailer / Price
                              to

EDIT: would be helpful to everyone if when posting a gaming bargain you could put the following in the thread title thanks.

Game Title(s) / System(s) / Retailer / Price
                              /gets coat.

Comment

Working...
                              X