PS2 Scart leads - which are RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Scart leads - which are RGB?

Well, I'm sick of having to use S-Video on my PS2, and I'd like to go to the added colour clarity of RGB. The thing is, trying to find a Scart lead that will give me that...

I know that the official lead is RGB, but thats pricey and a nightmare to find, so I'd rather not be stuck with that as my only route; it was bad enough forking out for the official S-Video lead to start with.

I've heard that the Blaze one is as well, but I can never find it.

Right now, the two I've found are the Madcatz (looks iffy in its cheap packaging, but that could be deceptive) and the Logic 3 (who I wouldn't trust to make a phono lead after the crap Nintendo leads I've had of theirs before).

Does anyone know for sure which ones are safe and give decent quality?

Blaze RGB leads dont have any voltage to pin16 on the SCART (RGB control) - no idea why, it's just stupid.

Get yourself an unbranded cable from a place like www.videogameimports.com - they are cheap HK made leads but do the job absolutely fine.

Comment

Saur - what does not having voltage to pin 16 do exactly? I own a Blaze RGB cable and find the picture to be superb.

Comment

Pin 16 is Fast Blanking, whatever the hell that is, apparently. Sync, I suspect.

Comment

Working...
        X