Crank 2: High Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank 2: High Voltage

More of the same please, I liked the first.

Producer Tom Rosenberg confirmed that Crank 2: High Voltage will shoot, as the script was finished before the writer's strike. The concept of Chev Chelios revived with an electric heart will allow filmmakers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to ramp up their extreme style.

"What propels Jason [Statham] is even more extreme than the drug that he took [in the first Crank]," said Rosenberg.

Rosenberg plans to bring the sequel in under relatively the same budget, except of course for certain talent. "We had to pay Jason more and the instructors more and so forth, but we generally don't do that where the sequel becomes so much bigger and less likely to be successful. No, the style will be the same, the shooting schedule is within two to three days of the [first] one."

This time, the filmmakers will likely not write themselves into a corner by re-killing Chev at the end. Rosenberg indicates Crank could also be a trilogy. "We'll see. It leaves off where that's possible. If the public embraces it, I think it's going to be bigger than the first one."

I've been waiting for Crank to hit bargain shelves...I wish it would hurry up as it looked great.

Comment

I think the first was the first film I watched on Blu-Ray, and I loved every moment of it! Chev Chelios is also the best name ever.

Comment

Crank is insane!

Comment

Im very looking forward to this, Crank is awesome.

Comment

I loved Crank, thought is was a top film.

That scene in the toilets with all those black guys was immense ><

My kind of humour.

Comment

Loved Crank but not sure about this yet

Comment

Got Crank cheap at the weekend. So bad it is good.

Comment

Where's the Crank 2 love? Saw this today. 5 fellas in the cinema, 3 of us in hysterics. An awesome amazing insane film

Very creative visually, amping up what worked in Crank 1 and adding new ideas.

Lots of stand out, bat**** crazy sequences. Didn't like a couple of the more violent scenes, it diminished the enjoyment for me, and the pace drops off towards the end. Films have to feel real based in their own universe, and this succeeds - if you're so inclined to go along with the ride. And you should, because for what it is, it's brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                    Where's the Crank 2 love?

Here!

Prefered the first one. Good though.

Apart from the lame japanese monster movie bit.

Comment

That was hilarious. Putting that in the film was just inspiring. The shotgun bit was probably the funniest for me

Comment

I thought the first, whilst the story seemed original enough, wasnt as well executed as I'd hoped. Average IMO, the best thing about it was the name, Chev Chelios, and his Uma tracksuit.

I'll wait for Blu ray if Im to watch this one . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                          That was hilarious. Putting that in the film was just inspiring. The shotgun bit was probably the funniest for me
                          I thought it was out of place an poorly done! I'm all about

the bullet through the fake tits though

hahah, excellent.

CHICKEN....AND BROCCOLI

Comment

I can see where you're coming from there. I just went with it. Putting that in a film, to me, was inspired. Kind of idea I wish I'd had! It is like the directors picked up sketchbooks they'd doodled in when they were 14, and turned them in to a film. And I mean that in a good way!

Comment

Yeah. Saw this a week and a half ago and it came across like the creators were off their tits. But, it was still a farily enjoyable film to watch. Kinda of like old Hong Kong kung fu films; limited plot to string together many action sequences but enjoyable all the same.

Oh yeah, Granny Grind!

Comment

Working...
                              X