T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Christian Bale is the new John Connor, though the action apparently won't be focussing on him - at least, he'll be a secondary character to a yet-to-be-introduced Marcus .

That last link also says we'll see Connor meeting Reese (for the first time?).

EDIT: I may have been a bit premature with the Bale announcement - subsequent news postings show him as being 'in negotiations' for the part, even though that first link says he's signed on.

I've always wished they'd make a movie showing the Terminators take over, their attempt to wipe out humanity and the subsequent fightback. Those flashbacks and the tales Reese told in the 1st film really had me enthralled. It looked so scary, oppressive and hopeless.

This film sounds like it might actually tell that story instead of following the same formula of the other films.
    Last edited by Shoju; 23-01-2008, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
      Christian Bale is the new John Connor, though the action apparently won't be focussing on him - at least, he'll be a secondary character to a yet-to-be-introduced Marcus Fenix!!!!!!!!!!!!

That last link also says we'll see Connor meeting Reese (for the first time?).

EDIT: I may have been a bit premature with the Bale announcement - subsequent news postings show him as being 'in negotiations' for the part, even though that first link says he's signed on.
      Amended for truth...

Comment

As long as it turns out to be an improvement over the snoozefest that was RotM I'll be happy.

I wonder if they'll give AHRRRRNOLD a cameo?

Comment

It seem odd to anyone else that Christian Bale would look to commit himself so heavily to two franchises? I guess if John Connor isn't going to be the main focus, but for a man keen to keep one hand in indie cinema, handling Batman and The Terminator on top would be tricky...

Comment

Aloha all.. Noticed I had a little traffic from here so thought I would come check you out.. I'm Madcrow, from Tomorrow's Entertainment.. Just thought I would share the latest about Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins..

Comment

Originally posted by Madcrow View Post
              Aloha all.. Noticed I had a little traffic from here so thought I would come check you out.. I'm Madcrow, from Tomorrow's Entertainment.. Just thought I would share the latest about Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins..

That sound like what I've been wanting from a Terminator film for many years now. Hopefully a greater insight into the intelligence behind Skynet and the same sinister oppressive atmosphere of the Kyle Reese flasbacks from the first film.

Comment

Another update, confirming Bale's involvement & vaguely hinting that Josh Brolin is on the wishlist to play the antagonist.

It also has a release date
                Last edited by D J Kix; 28-02-2008, 10:28.

Comment

...and directed by McG, shaping up to be as great as the new Akira movie...

Comment

There's a new Akira movie??

Comment

oh my yes, and with such a creative team behind it, it surely can't fail.

Gary Whitta, Ruairi Robinson, dicaprios production company...

Comment

Originally posted by rossman View Post
                        oh my yes, and with such a creative team behind it, it surely can't fail.

Gary Whitta, Ruairi Robinson, dicaprios production company...

Oh...god...no...
                        I'm really quite upset at this news. Nothing good can come of this. Its going to be as bad as AvP2...

Comment

Total insanity.

Comment

It could be good, instead of an old hat biker gang they could be replaced with a gang of eco warrior surfers. Hang tough.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                              ....they could be replaced with a gang of eco warrior surfers. Hang tough.
                              Or New Kids on the Block?

Comment

Working...
                              X