Kevin Bishop Sketch show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Bishop Sketch show

I caught this pilot episode of his sketch show, Kevin Bishop was the guy behind the series Star Stories (which I didn't find funny) he is also the unfunny one in some bank adverts at the mo and has popped up in Peep Show amongst other things.

Basically I was pleasently suprised, the show is very funny and has been commissioned a full series.

It's being repeated tonight on E4 at 9.30, so if you fancy a laugh, it's worth a punt.
    There are some cracking sketches including the American Last of the Summer Wine and a few Nintendo Wii spoof adverts.

Last edited by EvilBoris; 10-02-2008, 18:37.

The Kevin Bishop Show tonight C4

Anyone going to watch this? It's had pretty good reviews all across the board so it's looking likely it might be funnier than the average sketch show fodder...

Comment

am watching it now... lets see how it goes

Comment

OK so far. Pretty hit & miss, but rolls on quickly enough so you don't get bored with anything. No really massive laughs so far but liked the Christopher Walken voice - quite funny.

Yeah, let's see how it goes...

Comment

Got more laughs than I was expecting it to! Brucie in the Shining and Dangerously High School Musical were pretty funny

Comment

It was pretty good - not quite comedy gold, very disposable, but addictive telly. I'll definitely watch it next week - I can imagine the 'Wicky Gervais' thing becoming contagious, and I reckon the whole show will become 'catchy'.

Comment

Yeah it wasn't bad, looked like they saved all the funny ones for the 2nd part, I barely smiled during the 1st.

Comment

Walken Crisps is a classic in my mind; a perfect sketch.

I enjoyed most of it. Don't like the sketches about "Nazis" ... Just didn't think it worked - even though... taking the piss out of them can work.

A good show - I'll keep watching it.

Comment

Overall, this weeks was better.Some of that guys impressions are perfect. Ross Kemp was amazing.

"Get out yer Twonk" Also made me laugh

Comment

Most impressions are awful though mroe miss than hit but it has some great ideas

Comment

"Double heart bypass or a triple heart bypass? There's only one way to find out! SURGEREEEEEE!"

Comment

The Rod Hull 'Famous last Words' bit where he's dressed all up in purple (complete with top hat), with Emu on his arm, and he's on the phone to a roofer who wants ?50 to do his roof and he says something along the lines of "That's right Emu - I'll do the bloody thing meself" had me almost dying with laughter, man, I was going into spasm.

The rest of it was a bit hit & miss, but that bit, wow...

Comment

We liked the first episode but the second weeks offerings were dire IMO and it was promptly switched off! Will maybe give it another try tonight.

Walken Crisps = fecking genius though

Comment

****ing hell I didn't think this was too bad based on last week's, but it's gone straight from above average to bag of ****.

Ex-men? Widerman? And don't get me ****ing started on Die Hard/Bruce Forsythe garbage.

I don't think I can stomach another episode now.

Comment

The Gordon Ramsey stuff cracks me up....yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X