E-books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-books

The functionality of the R4 prompted me to go searching for ebooks. I could then store hundreds on a memory card and read at will. I would be able to save money, and improve my mind.

Project Gutenberg has a big stack of books that are out of copyright in the US so are available to download for free.

The Art of War
    The Origin of Species
    The Iliad
    etc.

However...
    This page was a little...cringe-worthy.

There is NO information on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, or Sony DreamCast.
    SEGA-philes, please find it in your hearts to forgive them, for they know not what they write.

They're not lieing, there really is no information about consoles is there?

God Damn Communists!!

Comment

Why is it that eBooks are exactly the same price as their print equivalents? Surely the savings of not actually printing and distributing should be passed on at an attractive price? There are a few books I'd fancy reading but I don't want them to take up room.

Same thing for downloading TV shows/films. TV eps off iTunes are ****e value compared to box sets. I want to go all digital media, not having stupid boxes all over the place.

Comment

I've been reading a few free HG Wells books (time machine and sleeper awakes) using the Stanza app on iPhone, I would use the iPhone kindle app but its not on the UK store yet...****ers TAKE MY MONEY!

Was quite suprised to find that there arent any Warhammer 40k ebooks...none, nadda, zilch.

Why is it that eBooks are exactly the same price as their print equivalents? Surely the savings of not actually printing and distributing should be passed on at an attractive price? There are a few books I'd fancy reading but I don't want them to take up room.

Same thing for downloading TV shows/films. TV eps off iTunes are ****e value compared to box sets. I want to go all digital media, not having stupid boxes all over the place.
        Agree 10,000%

Comment

I did consider buying a Sony E-Reader recently, but before diving in I checked the E-Book store and was astounded to find D/L'd books at asking prices of £10, even £15....
          Advancing the digital book reading interest is obviously not top priority in E-Book land.

Comment

Yes, tis stupid. However I think books really need to be read in book form anyway.

Comment

I want a Kindle 2 for two things: Project Gutenberg on the go, and Wikipedia on the go. I'd be surprised if the latter appears in any UK release, though. I hate to bring up that cliched Rip-Off Britain!111 stuff, but if it's right, it's right...

Comment

Working...
              X