X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A statement of intent

Hi all

This has been building for a while but I think it is finally time that it was put forward as a viable option for the moderating team which I hope the majority of the community sees as a good move.

Basically, some people have been going out of their way to cause trouble for the mods here - why they do this I have no idea nor at this stage do I even care. They don't join in discussions unless it is to derail them, they only create new threads to either moan about the people running the forums or to sell something, in a nutshell they add nothing to the community and just create extra work for the moderators.

And to rub salt into the wound they complain about the moderation here on other sites, claiming that we are over-modding the forums when the truth is that the extra modding is something artificially created by themselves.

We have a moderating procedure in place which is now going to be put on hold, there will be no more pms warning people about their behaviour, there will no longer be a case of us biting our tongues whilst getting slagged off elsewhere, there will be no more disrupting of threads by people with their own particular little axe to grind - because, quite simply, the people creating these problems will no longer be posting here.

Don't take this as a warning - we are beyond that now - read this knowing that if you have, are or intend to be a problem here then your account will be removed. It's as simple as that.

I personally feel that the strict moderation is one of the best things about this site; keep up the good work.

Comment

Who are these people then? Why not name names?

Comment

There's no reason to name names - if anyone read this statement thinking that it concerns them directly then the chances are that they are perfectly aware that it does.

Comment

Feel the paranoia!!1

Comment

sorry - that wasn't the intention at all.

Most people can read the statement, either agree or disagree with our actions and that's it - they don't need to worry that it applies to them since they haven't caused trouble here in the past nor do I expect do they plan to cause trouble in the future.

Comment

Well I hope I don't get killed off. I've been being really good lately, and everything. It occured to me that it appeared that I was part of some "outside" gang trying to be disruptive towards the site. I've never bad-mouthed mods on any other forums, and I was especially pleased at how Keith dealt with a few of my problems recently too.
              I'm determined to actually review a far-out DS game sometime soon too
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-05-2008, 14:32.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't really want to go into individual cases but as far as I am concerned, at this moment in time, Joe you are not one of the troublemakers mentioned in the opening post.

You have been a pain in the past, and under the current statement you would have been removed, but since then you appear to have turned over a new leaf and I applaud you for that.

Comment

So its zero tolerance against certain individuals but not a crack down on general behavior or attitudes?

Sounds like there's more than one axe being ground

Comment

No - it's zero tolerance against certain behaviour, not against individual members. There is a difference.

Comment

I'm just asking all this because I don't really understand what the classification is for various wrong doings and how they are applied.

Comment

I had not noticed anything (different). It might explain why some regulars seem to have been less noticable.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          I'm just asking all this because I don't really understand what the classification is for various wrong doings and how they are applied.
                          Why not try some of the things you think could be classified as 'wrong doings' and see which one gets you banned? I think its sad that there will be no warnings for anybody anymore, new people finding their feet here will suffer greatly I'd imagine - depending on what constitutes 'wrong doings' of course...

Comment

Perhaps try reading the forum rules?

Comment

I think your supposed to just read the rules to find out how you will get banned. Just like before only no warnings beforehand.

Also I think a newbie might get 1 warning but someone who should know better will be banned.

Comment

Working...
                              X