Joss Whedon's New Show: Dollhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joss Whedon's New Show: Dollhouse

I'm sure there's enough Buffy/Angel/Firefly fans out there who'll be interested in Joss' new show called Dollhouse. Here's the trailer which a work-mate sent me earlier

Here's a revised version of the trailer for Joss Whedon's new show Dollhouse, which explains the show's concept much more clearly and features a lot more ass-whuppin'. Plus, parachuting and assassining. The show's central conceit — that these "Actives" are blank slates who can be programmed to have any skillset or…

Looks like it has some potential. Can never say no to some more Eliza Dushku on our box. Also, Katya from Neighbours

Hmm - Joe 90.

Comment

I am not impressed with the premise but will at least try & watch one or 2 episodes before saying any more.

Comment

What do you reckon? 8 episodes before it gets canned?

Whedon is one of the best show runners around though, so I'm expecting nothing short of brilliance from the series. Then again FireFly was majestic and look how that got shafted.

Comment

It was a great idea, but from the clip I didnt see much to get excited about. Lets not forget the criminal canning of Angel for some other vampire show they were going to make but that was canned to, so all for naught! stupid tv peepl

Comment

Dollhouse

Odd that no one has started a thread on Joss Wheadons new show but anyway...

It has got mixed reviews but personally I thought it was great, There are some great ideas used here and its as slick as they come.

And its damn original thats for sure.

There is a heck of alot of story to fit in the first show and going by all the trouble they had to get it on air I was pretty impressed, especialy when you remember this isnt even anything like the pilot that was originaly made.

Is odd because i'm sure originaly it had a more generic and mainstream friendly plot but you never can be sure whats going through fox executives heads.

The dialogue isnt typical of the writer by any means, the pilot wasnt particuarly witty but i thoiught it was a well written show, theres a great deal that can happen here and i cant wait for next week to be honest.

Comment

What's it about?

Comment

Yes I watched the "pilot" episode. Not knowing much about the initial premise but hopeful. It's a bit like The Pretender with a bit of My own worst enemy thrown in. (Criminal that it got axed after just 9 episodes)

Anyway It certainly has potential if allowed to grow. Apparently episode 2 which was the original pilot episode is much better, and episode 4 throws in some intriguing plit twists. So I shall stick with it for now. Lets hope the network does.

Comment

I saw the pilot the other day as well, quite intriguing and while watching through it feels like that later on in the series she turns her back on the organisation which probably would happen. The title of the show really suits what the series is about.

Good thing they have Faith from Buffy in it.

Comment

I also watched this it was entertaining enough sort of a female version of My own worst enemy (excellent show) I will keep watching as whedon's shows take a while to hit their stride I just hope the network gives it more of a chance that they did Firefly.
                    Last edited by rickt; 16-02-2009, 19:14. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'll give it another go, but if the opening 20 minutes are anything to go by then this is worst program I've seen in years!

Comment

didnt think the first episode was anything too amazing, it was decent enough though.
                        but its by whedon, i'm sure he has some kind of larger storyline to the whole thing, and it'll be great when it gets into its stride. no idea where its going mind. seems like echo volunteered for 5 years was it? perhaps shes near the end and decide to carry on some how and keep her real memories too. or her past will catch up with her. hopefully it wont just become dark angel (as good as that was), with her on the run.

Comment

Interesting episode, not quite what I was expecting but it wasnt bad enough to make me not watched episode 2 when it airs.

Oh and man that Boss woman is annoying.

Comment

I really enjoyed it! However, I am a huge Whedonite so probably a bit bias.

I'm a really big fan of the "doll" that came into the house where Echo had the child, she seems really interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of her (for more than one reason. Hubba hubba)

Comment

I'm a really big fan of the "doll" that came into the house where Echo had the child, she seems really interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of her (for more than one reason. Hubba hubba)
                              Yeah, she was smoking hot

Edit: lol I was curious who she was so I looked at the imdb page for dollhouse and she's been in Neighbours before O_o
                              Last edited by Orgun; 18-02-2009, 08:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X