Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tarantino: 'Inglorious Bastards' 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tarantino: 'Inglorious Bastards' 2009??

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The good folks at JoBlo have a report from Cannes where Tarantino dropped the bomb that things are looking good for him jumping into shooting INGLORIOUS BASTARDS with a premiere at next year's Cannes Festival!...

Been mooted for years, hopefully things are on the move now? However as much as i love him, he is a notorious gob****e, so we'll wait and see.
    A Tarantino WWII flick ala The Dirty Dozen/Where Eagles Dare would be my favourite film ever, no doubt

Clint Eastwood better be in it. And a huge Austrian fortress in snowy mountains.

Comment

Somebody could probably track down a list of his favourite films in genres close to it, edit bits together from those, add a long feet shot and some racist hick rapist for thirty seconds, and make a film nigh-on identical to what he'll release. Probably.

I do think the man is a great filmmaker so will still be very curious about this.

Comment

Well the script is supposed to be done so they'd need to start shooting now for it to be ready. Could just be a rumour though. I am hoping it's his next film anyway..

Comment

Fingers crossed, but i dont think theres a hope in hell we'll see it in 2009 sadly.

Comment

A slim chance for 2009. There's not enough time to get pre-production done and shoot before the actors strike this summer. Depending on that, they may get to shoot it this year, I wouldn't count on it though.

Comment

IMDB has it down for 2010, which sounds more realistic.
              How up-to-date this page is i dont know? But tasty plot and cast details ahoy!

Comment

This is a remake of the Italian original, no?

Comment

Apparently it's a homage to it and other movies, no concrete info I think but Wikipedia says this:

"Tarantino's film is not intended to be a remake, but rather a homage to the earlier film, as well as Eastern Condors, The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape, Where Eagles Dare, Cross of Iron and other war movies."

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                    Apparently it's a homage to it and other movies, no concrete info I think but Wikipedia says this:

"Tarantino's film is not intended to be a remake, but rather a homage to the earlier film, as well as Eastern Condors, The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape, Where Eagles Dare, Cross of Iron and other war movies."

Homage like Kill Bill was ment to be a homage to spagetti westerns?? I smell ****...a very very strong smell of ****!!

Comment

Apparently pre-production begins..? http://www.joblo.com/inglorious-bastards-now
                      Im dusting down my Dirty Dozen dvd and polishing my helmet as we speak

Comment

Well if he's going ahead now, he must have one of these:

Comment

Making a ripoff of a ripoff is about as lame as you can go, QT. Of course, he makes a career out of it these days, and has fully descended into the fanboy filmmaking niche everybody said he would ten years ago.

Plus, he won't have Fred Williamson to fall back on. Who definitively doesn't die (according to the man himself) in IB, btw, he just falls over. Or something.

Comment

Fresh IB titbits plot, casting and the news it may be a two parter ala Kill Bill..
                            The latest movie and television news, reviews, film trailers, exclusive interviews, and opinions - since 2005.

Comment

Is the man incapable of making just one film? Stop with this two part nonsense. I like his stuff but wish they'd stop splitting the films just to make more money - it's certainly not for the movie-goer's benefit. I know it's all about money but does a war film really need a part one and a part two? I'm not convinced...

Comment

Working...
                              X