This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidHolliss

A Pirate copy of Star Wars Episode 3 translated into chinese then back into English then sold in Beirut.
    Grevious' line of "Smelly Boy" really cheered me up (after the prospect that I've possibly been caught speeding puting a right ****ter on my day)

Comment

2 legged cat + robotics genius = highly comical cat/radio control car/box shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by yosai
        ^ Class

http://www.m90.org/gallery/video/fli...orse0-2143.wmv

makes me laugh every time.
        OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just knew it was coming, but not quite when. bet that stung.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
          2 legged cat + robotics genius = highly comical cat/radio control car/box shenanigans

http://www.robotcombat.com/video/elvis_hi.mov
          BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! >_<

Slightly cruel but oh so funny

"I think he's getting the hang of it now..."

What? By spinning himself around and around in a circle over and over

>_<

Comment

poor cat, they should've just put it down, instead of having it go through bizarre trials that a couple of nutcases think will help their cat 'feel better'. wtf is they talking about??

Comment

funny bit of flash

Made me chuckle

Comment

[level up on red: severe risk of rant attack]
                When Madagascar,Charlie & the Chocolate Factory & Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 are the 3 top selling games in Europe at the moment, i feel like i got nothing in common with the majority of my fellow european gamers. What's wrong with people's taste in games in general? Are the majority just dumb nimbwits that gets movie license crap-a-ton shoved down their throat?
                Hell, let them wait 1? year extra for games to get from Japan to PAL land, they don't even care about quality gaming goodness, so why bother.
                [/level down on green:low risk of rant attack]

Comment

Just returned from Japan. Now, the last thing I want is to sound like one of those fawning Japanophile types I've always detested, but I must say that returning here has made me realise just how negative this place is, partiuclarly right now.

I flew back to the UK on the 13th to blanket grey skies, long faces, people moaning and general attitude problems (the usual UK stuff, then). Of course, I already knew all this, but there's nothing like leaving a place for a while and coming back to it to make such things more apparent.

A brief overview of my findings/comparisons.

It's the little things mainly; in Japan, customer service and care does actually happen. People go out of their way to assist you, and nine times out of ten, service really does come with a smile. Here, customer service is just a spurious concept that has little bearing in reality. Here, you're serviced by sour-faced, surly, unhelpful individuals, or airheads who really don't seem to know anything about where they work (or indeed, how to add up).

As for women, well I'm not one of those who 'prefers' Asian women by any stretch (to me, a good looking woman is a good looking woman full stop), but over there, women generally seem to carry themselves with a bit more class. Over here, women just think they're classy because they try and dress like JLo or something, and for the most part, many -from personal experience- are shallow and self-centered, basing their behavioural sensibilities on soaps and RnB pop chic(!). They make unreasonable demands from men (who are judged purely on their material worth, it seems) and give nothing in return (we're the men, we're expected to do everything, even though they're "independent").

That being said, the problem I just outlined seems to be more of a UK thing specfically as again, in my experience ladies from say, Europe generally seem to be more refined and interesting than their coarse, vacuous UK counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the problems outlined don't happen in other countries, but the UK seems to have the worst of it (though I accept this is probably purely due to my relative standpoint).

I also liked how the city transformed at night, you'd get kids in subways and such busking and even putting on improptu live performances. You'd have street artists pedalling their wares, lots of places to eat and drink and not a pugnacious chav in sight (I'd almost forgetten what a chav was...). And there's no way you'd have vending machines on street corners in this country that wouldn't get looted or trashed.

What I didn't like was music shopping - ?25 for a CD is just obscene.
                  Last edited by Ady; 17-08-2005, 13:38.

Comment

Here, you're serviced by sour-faced, surly, unhelpful individuals, or airheads who really don't seem to know anything
                    Hey! That's my sex life you're describing!

Anyway, whilst I agree with many of your points, do you think that the girls you see around in the UK (where you live in particular) are the problem and not the country as a whole? I mean, if you go to some Cambridge or Oxford campuses or some Polo matches, you'll probably see loads of women who don't drink Diamond White and urinate in the street. They'll probably be well-educated but equally vaucous horsey-types with big teeth and plummy accents, but there you go.

And the other thing is, if you can't speak Japanese, how do you know that the thousands of people milling around you weren't moaning about life and the weather?

gunrock

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock
                      And the other thing is, if you can't speak Japanese, how do you know that the thousands of people milling around you weren't moaning about life and the weather?
                      By speaking to them?

But yeah, I kind of see what you're saying...
                      Last edited by Ady; 17-08-2005, 13:39.

Comment

Sounds like you really had a good time man, somewhere i really wish to go one day. As long as I have the funds.

How long did you go for, and roughly how much did it all cost you altogether? If you don't mind me asking dude.

Comment

I went for two weeks, and the flight cost me a little over ?700 with China Eastern. Retrospectively, I'd advise against any flight that stops at Shanghai Airport (they're rude, slow and almost lost my luggage).

Actually, I'd avoid China Eastern altogether unless you like rank plane food and hostesses who look like they suck lemons all day long.

Comment

I suppose that's not too bad for a flight, still quite a lot of G's.

Would you do it again?

Comment

Hell yeah.

Comment

Check out this for a bit of quality, inventive vandalism:

http://16.freebb.com/viewtopic.php?t...eebb=saintsfun

Comment

Working...
                                X