This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcus
    That advert for 3 mobile phone network where those Japanese women are swooning over some shell-like thing that plays music, what the frig is that all about? What IS that thing they are holding? The adverts rubbish anyways.

Heres Squeeze.
    They are bollocks those 3 adverts. The way they posit 'oriental' folk as naturally weird is offensive too. I can picture the creatives' meeting: "Hey Japanese people are weird and into crazy **** anyway- let's use them in our advert that has **** all to do with the product." Excellent.

Comment

Eh?

I liked them.

Comment

The one with the squid thing and the cowboys was ****. But I really like the Tupperware/Sextoy party one.

I got up pure early this morning hyped about the possibility of picking up Edge and playing Nonastray on the way into work, finding VJ:BC has arrived and going out to see Ghost in the Shell 2 at the BFI tonight.

So far there was no new Edge in WHS, couldn't get a seat to play DS and VJ not hear yet. I wish I was still in bed Now its 7 and a half hours of lame work until I can get down the pub. Boooooooo!

Comment

Just remoted onto a clients pc at work, and hes got a desktop of the 9/11 towers with the airliner about to hit. Kinda unsettled me that, or does anyone else think its perfectly ok? Another guy has some of the amazing pics of katrina, at least that a natural incident, and not manmade.

Comment

I would say that it's a pretty evocative image and is something I'd look at and think about. But hell no - it ain't desktop material.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
              Just remoted onto a clients pc at work, and hes got a desktop of the 9/11 towers with the airliner about to hit. Kinda unsettled me that, or does anyone else think its perfectly ok? Another guy has some of the amazing pics of katrina, at least that a natural incident, and not manmade.
              One after it hit, now that would make a good desktop.

Joke.

Comment

Actually looking again, one of the towers was on fire, which makes it even more messed up for me o_O

Comment

mach3, very effective results

Comment

Anyone see this story from africa, a farm worker was beaten up by his boss and an accomplice, driven to a lion sanctury and thrown in where his remains were found the following day - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4297284.stm

A quite unbelieveable story.

Also, deviating somewhat, just wondering if anyone has ever actually seen a TV license detector van in real life - following on from a conversation I had earlier with someone. For all the advertising, I dont think Ive ever actually seen one or know anyone whose been done for not having a license. o_O

Comment

Only ever seen one in some of the aforementioned adverts !

Comment

I have an evil hangover, when the guest ale in a pub is not even on tap, just a keg on the side you know you should stay away. I didn't. My head hurts, I keep feeling sick but I am absolutley starving. If i can muster the strength I will go to Scummerfield and buy myself enough food for a full English. Only Black Pudding can save me now.

Comment

Don't forget a can of stella to wash it down with

Comment

Breakfast has made no difference to my hangover, now i just fill sick and full up. Think I may play a game, not sure which one though. Halo 2 is in my Xbox, don't know if I can be bothered to change discs.

Comment

I had a drink last night for the first time since beginning of August. Wish i hadn't bothered.

Head is pounding,depressed,eye of a needle etc etc.....

Me and booze = weddings and Barmitvas(sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by: Yoraths mullet
                                I have an evil hangover, when the guest ale in a pub is not even on tap, just a keg on the side you know you should stay away. I didn't. My head hurts, I keep feeling sick but I am absolutley starving. If i can muster the strength I will go to Scummerfield and buy myself enough food for a full English. Only Black Pudding can save me now.
                                Pussy... (only joking)

It's a bit late now, but in this situation, my advice is to start drinking Rum (lots of) Rum. The Woods variety of Rum is pretty good (it's got a happy/smiling sailor on the front and that has to be a good thing), after necking a bit of this stuff, it'll all seem okay. Failing that, go for the single-malt whisky, I know I do.

NB. Drinking is neither big nor clever.

Comment

Working...
                                X