This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do take Switch.
    Last edited by Il Postino; 27-11-2005, 16:40.

Comment

I spent two hours today untangling the mess of wiring behind by AV unit and computer desk.

Found three leads that weren't even connected to anything and it all still looks just as messed up as before I started

Comment

I don't want to even think about my wires. Spent most of today browsing furniture stores that were predictably selling everything but the desk size I'm looking for.

Why the problem?

I'm keeping my 28" 4:3 for earlier generation (and most of the current) games which don't support progressive scan or 16:9, and using the Samsung as a replacement for my PC monitor as well as for games that can be properly used on it. This means my current desk won't hold the weight and I did need to buy another one (I would use the one my 4:3 is on, but it's still in use for the foreseeable future).

After a fruitless search, I've come up with the ingenious plan of moving the whole furniture around in the room, which means sorting out wires and re-arranging everything. Not to mention hulking lots of **** about (book cases, drawers, units to fit everything together.

Fun.

Comment

Tempted by that 24" Dell widescreen LCD, god internet shopping is gonna be my downfall!

Comment

I have one of those Marcus. Its a thing of beauty and well worth the money if you use your PC a lot. Mame in tate mode is a sight to behold!

Comment

mmmMMMmmm look into my eyes, the eyes not around the eyes you dont really want the LCD screen, you want to sell it to me for a dramatically low price snap ok youre back again bwah

Comment

Done. Room altered. It's like a cockpit area now. When the HDTV comes, I'll have two gigantic televisions/monitors in front and to the right of me, as well as my consoles.

Comment

Cables too? Don't take your eyes off them, they'll knot themselves up the minute you do

Comment

You don't want to see the cabling area. I'm not one for finesse in that area.

Everrything is just floating about in mild chaos in the corner of the room.

Comment

Post pics Concept!

Comment

Originally posted by hasanhadi
                        Post pics Concept!
                        I will do tomorrow.

Currently being on 56k (waiting to get my phone line properly back thanks to the disaster of signing up to UK Online and promptly cancelling after abysmal service), means it'll take ages to upload decent pictures.

Comment

Well, these should tide you over in the meantime. Bare in mind this is after a two hour sort out - you can imagine what it was like to start

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                            Well, these should tide you over in the meantime. Bare in mind this is after a two hour sort out - you can imagine what it was like to start
                            I meant pics of his new room setup!

Anyway, I got my spaghetti (sp?) mess sorted out a few weeks back with the help of cable tidys, yet it still looks a mess.
                            Last edited by HaHaUK; 03-03-2007, 00:29.

Comment

Originally posted by hasanhadi
                              I meant pics of his new room setup!

Oops. Blame it on me having a very crap evening.

Comment

Don't stop, I was enjoying that cable action, I've got wood now and all, you bloody tease.

Comment

Working...
                                X