X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats man always cool to propose you must be nervous doin that stuff.

Comment

Does anyone know if their or any Uni's in the UK besides Leeds that offer full Japanese degree courses?

Cheers!

Comment

I've got a friend doing the Leeds course via distance learning. Supposed to be the best one in the UK I think, and they offer a few different levels.

If you live in Japan you can still meet your lecturers, as they come to Tokyo a couple of times a year I think.

Comment

Yeah i don't have a degree though, so that's what i want so i can stay in Japan. Have to go home and get it.

Comment

Wales, Bristol, Exeter and Northumbria (in Newcastle) Uni also do Japanese courses, but not sure how good they are.

I remember there being a lot of Japanese (people) students at Northumbria when I visited.

Comment

Oxford Brookes Uni do Japanese, and you can combine it 50/50 with any subject you want (most of us rejects of society just choose a computing subject though) and they still send you abroad. Hard to get on the course now though, its like 400% oversubscribed.

Comment

Yeah i think oxford is alittle out of my league as are most uni's because i don't have alevels, so it's just a case of using my age and japanese as a makeweight to get in somewere..

Comment

Oxford Brookes is an old polytechnic that recently became an university. It's not the same place that brainy ****ers like Crispin are at.

Comment

It looks like only Sheffield and Leeds offer the full degree courses... Dunno about staying in Yorkie land for 4 years :P

Comment

Northumbria might be a good bet, a you'll get to meet a lot of Japanese there was well. Depends if your willing to make the move to the cold north though!

Comment

Yeah i checked i don't think they have the full degree and i will have to mix it with another course. Anyway now ex might still be making the move to England with me, i should get plenty of Jp practice.

Bollocks* Leeds are full, i guess they are all gonna be full for 2006 no?
                          Last edited by tokyochojin; 01-06-2005, 05:12.

Comment

I think my friend on the Leeds course had to do all of the application stuff early in the year, but his is a distance course.

Probably best to send their department an email, and ask to be put on the list in case anyone drops out. You can also check when the next course starts as well then.

Good luck!

Comment

They shouldn't be full for the 2006/2007 academic year. 2005/2006 would be, especially seeing as it's the last year before top up fees come in.

Comment

If your still looking for courses; Liverpool John Moores offer a 3 year fulltime joint degree in Japanese with TESOL, and I think the real Liverpool Uni also does a masters in TESOL, if your lookin to take it to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                                X