Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint Degree course Zanza? So i gotta mix it with some other course like Buisness? I do like scouse ladies so that could be a bonus, it's just the fact that i would have to wait in the UK till Sept 2006 doing bugger all that bothers me..

Comment

Get a job!

Comment

I don't mean not working, i mean getting stuck in a ****ey no point job for a year. Especially living back in the UK with people moaning about the weather and the price of petrol every bloody day..

Comment

Right! I'm off to Ljubljana for a long weekend on the lash! I have no idea where Ljubljana is though See you fools on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
            I do like scouse ladies
            Eurgh! The accent... the accent!

Noooo!

Comment

Where did the money go?

Right, i was asked this question bout 30min ago and it's really annoying me cause i don't have the answer. The question goes like this...

-3 men goto a hotel.
              -They are charged ?30 for 1 room, they split the cost thus ?10 each.
              -The manager decides it is too much so reduces to ?25 for the room. He gives ?5 to the bell boy to return to the 3 men.
              -The bell boy decides to pocket ?2 and only gives ?3 to the 3 men.
              -so each man gets ?1 back and in effect have only paid ?9 each.
              -9x3=?27 add on the ?2 from the bell boy = ?29

Where is the remaining ?1?

Comment

Thats some good ****, no idea about the answer though!

Comment

The three blokes paid ?27 for a room costing ?25. The bell boy took ?2. There is no missing money.

Of the original thirty squids, each bloke now has ?1, the bell boy has ?2 and the manager dude has ?25.

Economics class anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by zeroboo
                    -9x3=?27 add on the ?2 from the bell boy = ?29
                    It's going wrong at this point. You should be taking away ?2 from ?27 giving you ?25 which is the correct answer, not adding it on.

Comment

There is no missing pound. You don't add on the ?2 to the ?27, but subtract it instead, giving the ?25 that was actually charged.

It's like saying this:

I give you ?10. You give me ?7 back. Overall, I have given you ?3. So I paid you ?3 and you have ?3 now. That is ?6 in total. So, where is the other ?4 from the ?10?

There is no "missing" ?4. The total amount of money is still the same (my ?7 + your ?3). Similarly, in the original question, the total amount of money is still ?30 (?25 for the rooms + ?2 for the bellboy + ?1 refund + ?1 refund + ? refund).

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen

Economics class anyone?
                        More like maths

Comment

damn... i feel stupid now im gonna goto the corner and draw circles...

Comment

What i want to know is where the three men are going to sleep, and why are they all in the same room

Comment

Jack was about to marry Jill and his father took him to one side.
                              When I married your mother, the first thing I did when we got home was
                              take off my trousers," he said. "I gave them to your mother and told her
                              to put them on.
                              When she did, they were enormous on her and she said to me that she
                              couldn't possibly wear them, as they were too large.
                              I told her, "of course they're too big. I wear the trousers in this family
                              and I always will." Ever since that day, we have never had a single
                              problem."
                              Jack took his father's advice and as soon as he got Jill alone after the
                              wedding, he did the same thing; took off his trousers, gave them to Jill
                              and told her to put them on.
                              Jill said that the trousers were too big and she couldn't possibly wear
                              them. "Exactly," replied Jack. "I wear the trousers in this
                              relationship and always will. I don't want you to forget that".
                              Jill paused and removed her knickers and gave them to Jack. "Try
                              these on," she said, so he tried them on but they were too small.
                              I can't possibly get into your knickers," said Jack.
                              Exactly," replied Jill. "And if you don't change your *******
                              attitude, you never will"

Comment

God was just about done creating a man but He had two things left over in his bag and He couldn't quiet decide how to split them
                                between Adam and Eve. He thought He might just as well ask them.

He told them one of the things He had was a thing that would allow the owner to pee while standing up. "It's a very handy thing",
                                God told them, "and I was wondering if either of you had a preference for it".

Well, Adam jumped up and down and begged, "Oh, please give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems like the sort of
                                thing a man should have. Please! Pleeeeease! Give it to me!"

On and on he went like an excited little boy. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted it so badly, he could have it.
                                So God gave Adam the thing that allowed him to pee standing up. Adam was so excited he just started whizzing all over the place -
                                first on the side of the rock, then he wrote his name in the sand and then he tried to see if he could hit a stump ten feet away -
                                laughing with delight all the while.

God and Eve watched him with amusement and then God said to Eve, "Well, I guess you're kind of stuck with the last thing I have left."
                                "What's it called?" asked Eve.
                                "Brains", said God.

Comment

Working...
                                X