PDA

View Full Version : The Banter Thread / Banter Topic / Sean Bean

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

marcus
22-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Who is more of a legend?

Hasselhoff

http://geiri3d.klaki.net/archives/hasselhoff.jpg

or Mr T?

http://www.nndb.com/people/227/000025152/mr-t-buff.jpg

I say, you cant beat the Hoff..

Ady
22-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Mr. T no contest.

Hasselhoff's shocking attempt at a single alone disqualifies him.

spagmasterswift
22-04-2005, 12:46 PM
That is such a tough call.

Hoff brought us Knightrider when we were thinking about toy cars and Baywatch when we were thinking about playing with women.

Mr T was in a Rocky movie AND the A-Team.

I think for style points its got to be Mr T, Hoff wins on what he has achieved and brought to our TV screens, plus white man with Afro is always pwnage!!!!11!!1!

EDIT - so thats Hoff for me :)

Kungfu
22-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Had a great experience last night. Went to the Baghdad Cafe with some friends and smoked a sheesa pipe. Very cool and relaxing. Not really a fan of tobacco but the taste is mild and somewhat refreshing (we sampled the cherry variety). Anyone else partook in this before?

JU!
24-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Just had a nice meal listened to sum cool music. Wanted to watch South Park then MOTD but house mate as nicked down stairs telly so can only watch MOTD :( Doh

Jay
24-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Mr. T no contest.

Hasselhoff's shocking attempt at a single alone disqualifies him.

He's huge in Germany apparently. And you're obviously forgetting Mr T's recording career.

Jay

buster_broon
24-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Who is more of a legend?

Hasselhoff

http://geiri3d.klaki.net/archives/hasselhoff.jpg

or Mr T?

http://www.nndb.com/people/227/000025152/mr-t-buff.jpg

I say, you cant beat the Hoff..

HEY FOO

You're a goddamn sucka - you know nuthin

Hoff is spongebob and Mr T he aint gettin on no plane - no plane sucka
</mr t mode off>

Mr T wins hands down

Kieran76
24-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Do an image search for either of these two and it becomes clear that The Hoff is the winner. You never know what you'll find, one minute he's posing in trunks, the next he's stroking a kitten, Mr T on the other hand, just trying to look tough.
Hoff has many dimensions to his personality, Mr T is a one trick pony.

Ady
25-04-2005, 08:31 AM
He's huge in Germany apparently. And you're obviously forgetting Mr T's recording career.

Jay

Forgetting? I never knew he had one actually...

Jay
25-04-2005, 07:55 PM
http://www.discogs.com/release/387905

Bet it's a corker.

Jay

tokyochojin
26-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Ahhhh monsoon >.<

marcus
29-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Kitty

marcus
29-04-2005, 03:43 PM
(NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH)

Man on motorcycle hits tree at 200mph, the tree won..

Ady
29-04-2005, 03:46 PM
...and it's for reasons like that you'll never catch me on a motorbike!

marcus
29-04-2005, 03:47 PM
You damn right.

icarus0
29-04-2005, 04:38 PM
:blink:

Is that bike photo for real? Just looks a bit fake to me.

anephric
29-04-2005, 04:46 PM
LET TEH DARKNESS REIGN!!!111

NEXT: post some pictures from Death Scenes.

The Cobra
30-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Good morning ladies and gentleman. How are we all today? Got much planned?

marcus
30-04-2005, 09:39 AM
My cars in for repair, if I get it back today Ill be driving up to Leeds to visit my gf. Im looking at around ?300 in repairs.. :/

The Cobra
30-04-2005, 09:40 AM
How did you meet mrs marcus? That's a fair old distance from where you're at!

marcus
30-04-2005, 09:45 AM
SHe lives near me, but is at Leeds uni doing her finals atm.

The Cobra
30-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Gotcha.

I'm gonna chill and recover from the heavy session last night. Xbox live is calling.

Kieran76
30-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Just been on Live, three unlucky beatings at Pro Evo has meant I have signed off in a sulk. I think I will have shower and a quick session of Paper Mario 2 before going to the gym, then nipping to Gamestation to see if they have any second hand Saturns, then I will while away the afternoon listening to the Wednesday match on the Radio, while drinking beer.

It's hard work doing nowt.

Crispin
30-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Been up to Wolvercote to do rowing training for 2 hours. Going to now have a shower, grab a bite to eat and see if I can be arsed to get some friends to go running with me.

Kieran76
30-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Rowing, thats tough work. I row a mile at the gym and it nearly kills me.

The Cobra
30-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm so bored today, and I have no money.

Kieran76
30-04-2005, 03:30 PM
What a wasted journey into town. Rammed in Sheffield city centre, dead hot and crowded. Went to Gamesation, where they usually have loads of second hand Saturns for sale. But today, not one:pft: . So then I trapsed around town looking for a game to tempt me, but I couldn't make my mind up. Very nearly bought one of the following - Street Fighter - Xbox, Call of Duty - Xbox, Pool Paradise - GameCube, Nnja Gaiden - Xbox and some others which I now forget. So hot and flustered, but at least the Wednesday are winning, pigs are losing and I am drinking beer.

sithlordx
30-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Mate is 19 today

So im off out!!

Crispin
30-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Rowing, thats tough work. I row a mile at the gym and it nearly kills me.

I find the 2k erg test can be very arduous. But then again, you can row a lot faster than you can run, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Need to work on my upper body strength. Might have to actually start joining in with the weights training.

nips
30-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I row 5500 meters in just over 25 mins on level 7/8... that's about it.

JU!
02-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Anyone go out on the bank holiday? Wish i did, instead stayed in but could have been worse.

Crispin
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Went to a funfair, now feel mildly sick. On the other hand, it was a good lad and met a nice lass from St. Hilda's All Female College.
Sodding interview all day tomorrow in ****ing Reigate that starts at 8:30. Have to get up insanely early to be ready.

Ady
04-05-2005, 09:43 AM
What a lovely weekend I've had. :)

Every year there's a Mayday festival thingie on the last Sunday of the month. Basically, loads of local bands and DJs play, there's lots of stalls and amusements for kiddies and such, and you sit around with a group of friends drinking and getting stoned in the park. The worst that could happen is the weather being bad, but it wasn't. At all.

I spent most of Monday and Tuesday playing Resi 4, having finally found a copy!

I can't believe I'm actually enjoying a Resident Evil game. This is a first! :o

JU!
05-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Sounds like u had a good week/weekend. All i've done is worry about uni work and go out in Leeds which while good encountered many idiots along the way. Playing footy tonight so that's good but then again i could have a crap trainnin session which would compound for the most part the shockin week i have had so far.

Go to London to watch Chelsea Saturday in a pub opposite Stamford Bridge to celebrate the premiership and try to forget about the Champions League (Missed Japanese class to watch my team go out of this o the dissapointment) so its not all bad, and Leeds Saturday will hopefully be void of idiots as opposed to Wednesday we live and hope:D How's Zoo keeper goin Ady?

MartyG
07-05-2005, 09:14 PM
I am agasp.

Walking back from the shop after having sought out a couple of tinnies for the evening, two lads about 10/11 were coming the other way on their bikes. As the path is quite narrow I moved over onto the grass to let them go through and they said "Thank you sir". Both of them.

I suppose it's a sad reflection on society that I was amazed by this. So few people have manners these days, especially kids, that quite frankly I was genuinely surprised.

The Cobra
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
We live in a nice area, but lately it's been getting trashed by a group of young kids. They made a fire in the middle of my road. Then i saw them running away from something by the road next to mine, they'd smashed a window or something and then just ran away. I chased them in my car but they hid in some gardens and I couldn't see.

Kieran76
08-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I've just back from the Gym and Waitrose where I picked up some quality Monkfish going cheap, so for my tea tonight I shall cooking and eating Peppered Monkfish with Crushed Potatoes and a Mushroom Cream Sauce.

bowser123
08-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Working in retail (though hopefully not for much longer), I can relate entirely with what Marty said. To get a teenager in who is actually able to speak coherently, say thank you and not come across as a little scrote is something unique. And just like Marty said, it's sad that they're the exception rather than the rule.

On a slightly similar note, I've found all Americans and Canadians that come in to be by far the most polite and generous people I encounter. As the US isn't always portayed in a positive manner it's a bit of a surprise, especially as the people I've spoken too are far from dumb.

Ady
09-05-2005, 11:15 AM
How's Zoo keeper goin Ady?

I've been doing Time Attack for ages, but I've since put the game aside for the time being so I can work on finishing the Memories and hard mode on Feel the Magic. I've also been playing Yoshi's Island in the second slot. I can't believe I missed this game the first time around. It;'s probably one of the best platform games I've ever played!

nips
09-05-2005, 09:28 PM
On a slightly similar note, I've found all Americans and Canadians that come in to be by far the most polite and generous people I encounter.

Pff, in retail, most Canadians here are *****. I was much nicer than most of these people when I was selling ****. And also the customers are quite rude frequently!

marcus
17-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Joke-a-thon -

Harry Potter films are a bit far-fetched arent they, how many schools do you know where a ginger kid has two friends?

Michael Jackson was sentenced for 10 years, the judge told him "consider yourself lucky, if you was black you'd of got 20 years"

dataDave
17-05-2005, 11:14 AM
On a slightly similar note, I've found all Americans and Canadians that come in to be by far the most polite and generous people I encounter. As the US isn't always portayed in a positive manner it's a bit of a surprise, especially as the people I've spoken too are far from dumb.

Man, I HATE it how everyone thinks of Americans as being *****. When I went to Reno I got on with so many people. That place was Laid-back Kingdom, I fit right in. I've never felt more embraced in all my life.

As 2Pac once said: "California knows how to party". No ****. (Ok, so Reno is in Nevada but it's close enough)

West Coast baby!!

I knew when I was back in England having to deal with snot-nosed f**king gel-boy spikey haired airline desk job mother****ers that can't even file missing items properly or with any manners. Get to f**k you London c**t!!

I went there generally hating America, I came back loving the place and the people. Mind, everyone I spoke to slagged off the East Coast to no end.

The Cobra
17-05-2005, 11:19 AM
What did they say DF? I didn't realise there was still such a rivalry between the coasts, thought that dropped after the east vs west rap ****.

redser
18-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Man, I HATE it how everyone thinks of Americans as being *****. When I went to Reno I got on with so many people. That place was Laid-back Kingdom, I fit right in. I've never felt more embraced in all my life.

As 2Pac once said: "California knows how to party". No ****. (Ok, so Reno is in Nevada but it's close enough)

West Coast baby!!

I knew when I was back in England having to deal with snot-nosed f**king gel-boy spikey haired airline desk job mother****ers that can't even file missing items properly or with any manners. Get to f**k you London c**t!!

I went there generally hating America, I came back loving the place and the people. Mind, everyone I spoke to slagged off the East Coast to no end.
i agree. american bashing is crap. on-line halo 2 there's some sound lads and good laughs to be had!!

Wools
18-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Intresting fact-oide my mate has just told me while we're here at work.

This past week he's had roughly 30 cans of coke and I've eat over 40 apples.

Also we've both woked well over 80 hours as well. I should be finished by 3am this morning but then I have two days off. Yay!

Kieran76
19-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Quiet on here tonight, I expect everyone is watching teh Sith.

buster_broon
19-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Quiet on here tonight, I expect everyone is watching teh Sith.

Going tomorrow night

read the book last week and i'm looking forward too it :)

Corrupt Rose
20-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I really ****ing hate multiple choice components in exams. I'm fine writing essays for 3 hours, but as soon as you get to the MCQ bit, I always fall apart. They always word 3 of the questions extremely similarly, or ask "what do you think" questions.

When I see similar answers, I doubt my revision, panic, and then doubless put the tick in the wrong box.

Bah. I'm at uni. Give me essays, not ticky boxes!

JU!
20-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I really ****ing hate multiple choice components in exams. I'm fine writing essays for 3 hours, but as soon as you get to the MCQ bit, I always fall apart. They always word 3 of the questions extremely similarly, or ask "what do you think" questions.

When I see similar answers, I doubt my revision, panic, and then doubless put the tick in the wrong box.

Bah. I'm at uni. Give me essays, not ticky boxes!

I agree totally got one of these mofos soon:(

marcus
24-05-2005, 01:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4575291.stm

lol stupid ****ers

icarus0
24-05-2005, 02:02 PM

lol stupid ****ers
:D What's more tragic is the fact that they're 17 and 20 years old - hardly kids.

I saw a bloke on the news the other night who could light a fluorescent tube with his bare hands. Can't remember how he did it - think it was charged up static electricity or something.

Ady
25-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I've been ill in bed with the flu for the last 6 days. This is my first day back in the land of the living. Six days of a nasty fever, aching limbs, headaches made worse by sunlight (or any kind of light for that matter), a heavy cold and a cough that felt as though my throat was on fire. Lovely.

marcus
25-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Good way to lose weight tho.

icarus0
25-05-2005, 01:16 PM
A bloke keeps ringing me up and singing 'Stand and Deliver' down the line.

I tell him he's got the wrong number but he's adamant.

SwooseGoose
25-05-2005, 01:57 PM
considering this is a banter topic can I just say........

AAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! I HATE MY F****N JOB!!!!!

Thats just how I feel today!!!

marcus
25-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Are you the chief-taster in a walkers crisps factory?

Ady
25-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Good way to lose weight tho.

...and catch up on games! 8)

SwooseGoose
25-05-2005, 02:08 PM

Not but that would probably be better than what I am doing now.

Shouldnt be stuck here for much longer though.

gossi the dog
25-05-2005, 03:04 PM

Thta reminds me of when I went on a tour of a rum factory in Cuba. Some unfortunate individual had to taste a shot of every 7th bottle of rum that was manufactured. He rather unsurprisingly couldn't stand up.

MartyG
25-05-2005, 04:13 PM

lol stupid ****ers
That's taking things too far ...

How much of an idiot do you have to be to not think that's a silly idea.

Mardigan8
25-05-2005, 04:16 PM

That's taking things too far...
Hehehe, aye, read about that yesterday... ****en nuts!!

The furthest I have went was breaking one of my mums kitchen mops in half so me and my bro could have a lightsaber each :) Man, they hurt when they connected!!

beecee
25-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Hehehe, aye, read about that yesterday... ****en nuts!!

The furthest I have went was breaking one of my mums kitchen mops in half so me and my bro could have a lightsaber each :) Man, they hurt when they connected!!

those were the biz, i mean they did hurt, unlike these fireballs sabres the idiots make nowadays! 8) anyway where in the films do you see them light up thier sabres with a match and petrol :ph34r: :blink:

and a video tape was found nearby! what houshold doesn't have star wars in thier video/dvd collection.

Resonance
25-05-2005, 05:46 PM
****ing idiots!

Kotatsu Neko
25-05-2005, 09:12 PM
****ing idiots!
Darwin in action, natural selection doing it's thing!

marcus
25-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Heres a good ringtone for once - NSFW - http://www.headstaggers.com/?shoe=flash&moo=show&id=22

JU!
26-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I've been ill in bed with the flu for the last 6 days. This is my first day back in the land of the living. Six days of a nasty fever, aching limbs, headaches made worse by sunlight (or any kind of light for that matter), a heavy cold and a cough that felt as though my throat was on fire. Lovely.

Sorry to hear that Ady hope yr better now. On the subject of illness i have fluid in my ear and can barley hear a thing. Apparently Doc says will dissappear in 5 days.:(

crazymadone
26-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Heres a good ringtone for once - NSFW - http://www.headstaggers.com/?shoe=flash&moo=show&id=22

funnyiest thing ive seen in a while

nice one Marcus!

marcus
26-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Like the frog, after two or three times hearing it you begin to want to pull your own teeth out though, be warned.

killy
26-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Got an anonymous letter saying having a dog in the back yard is cruelty and I will be receiving a call from RSPCA. The only reason the dog is left in the back yard is because if it was in the house, not only would it make a mess, but I've got eczema and asthma so that's not an option. It's taken for walks everyday and we do let it in the house when someone's in the kitchen. That's not cruelty is it??? If I find out who it is...

Any advice to stop the incessant barking would be appreciated.

marcus
26-05-2005, 08:24 PM
BTW, does anyone know why my cat neko is so damn sleepy today?

Spatial
26-05-2005, 08:28 PM
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_store/Super_Barker_Breaker_p2021.html - might do the trick. They are expensive but actually work.

As they're expensive some local Councils lend them to people if they want to stop their dogs causing a nuisance.

Having the dog in the back yard isn't usually classed as cruel unless its not given sufficient shelter / warmth and food etc. It usually depends on the inspectors opinion at the time of the visit though

marcus
26-05-2005, 08:29 PM
What type of dog is it?

killy
26-05-2005, 11:30 PM
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_store/Super_Barker_Breaker_p2021.html - might do the trick. They are expensive but actually work.

As they're expensive some local Councils lend them to people if they want to stop their dogs causing a nuisance.

Having the dog in the back yard isn't usually classed as cruel unless its not given sufficient shelter / warmth and food etc. It usually depends on the inspectors opinion at the time of the visit though

Cheers for that I'll look into getting it.

It's got a 100ft garden to roam around in as well as a big park which it's taken to for walks daily.

It's got it's own dog house - bigger than usual dog houses.

marcus - it's an American Staff.

marcus
27-05-2005, 10:52 AM
God was just about done creating a man but He had two things left over in his bag and He couldn't quiet decide how to split them
between Adam and Eve. He thought He might just as well ask them.

He told them one of the things He had was a thing that would allow the owner to pee while standing up. "It's a very handy thing",
God told them, "and I was wondering if either of you had a preference for it".

Well, Adam jumped up and down and begged, "Oh, please give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems like the sort of
thing a man should have. Please! Pleeeeease! Give it to me!"

On and on he went like an excited little boy. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted it so badly, he could have it.
So God gave Adam the thing that allowed him to pee standing up. Adam was so excited he just started whizzing all over the place -
first on the side of the rock, then he wrote his name in the sand and then he tried to see if he could hit a stump ten feet away -
laughing with delight all the while.

God and Eve watched him with amusement and then God said to Eve, "Well, I guess you're kind of stuck with the last thing I have left."
"What's it called?" asked Eve.
"Brains", said God.

spagmasterswift
27-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Man its hot as hell down by the river Thames today! Been out for a few lunchtime beers and a bit of tourist watching - very sleepy now (not gonna be getting much work done).

You lot enjoying this weather? :)

Kieran76
27-05-2005, 03:24 PM
It's just started lagging it down in Sheffield.

VR46
27-05-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah even sunny Ilford is well, sunny. Boiling at lunchtime, nice to see the girlies wearing bit less clothing than normal, am so glad I work in a air conditioned office.

Make the most of it today, down to max of about 15 over the weekend sadly.

Rossco
27-05-2005, 03:27 PM
PFfftt, been raining all day in Glasgow here! :(

spagmasterswift
27-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Every time I've been to Sheffield its been raining >_<

AllYourBase
27-05-2005, 03:29 PM
26 degrees! top stuff. had a little venture to the beer garden for lunch with office blods, back to air conditioned office..... it's too nice to be outside!! wireless laptops in the garden please!!

Ady
27-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Lovely here, too.

Right now, this office feels more like a prison.

charlesr
27-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Ady, just noticed that your avatar is like looking in a mirror for me right now....

pretty hot here.

mattSix
27-05-2005, 03:48 PM
[ignore]

Kieran76
27-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Its typical isn't it. You lot are all stuck in work while being cooked alive by the Sun and I am on holiday and it's raining. It's not fair.

Geezer
27-05-2005, 04:03 PM
PFfftt, been raining all day in Glasgow here! :(

I would rather have rain and cool or even cold weather than the ludicrous heat I'm experiencing right now tbh. I need air conditioning so badly :(
It doesn't help that one side of my room is practically glass in its entirity, as well as being south facing :s

spagmasterswift
27-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Its roasting in my office, but I have the window wide open and I'm practically hanging out of it, partly to check out the art chicks heading to the Tate Modern :)

MartyG
27-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Aye I have - I've had a week off work.

I've spent some time motorcycling, some time gaming, some time watching DVDs and some time just sitting in the sun in the back garden with a beer. That's something I've not done in ages, simply because the garden was an overgrown mess until recently. It's an ongoing project, but the transformation is quite impressive.

So yes, I am enjoying the sun.

MartyG
27-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Well the guys with the petrolsabres clearly didn't have much sense or cash. Whether this guy has sense I'm not sure - but he's defo spent a few quid on his collection.

http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/

The Cobra
29-05-2005, 01:43 PM
*sigh*

John Beaulieu
29-05-2005, 01:57 PM
is this like one of those posts in which you will then want your account deleting, and all posts editing over?

The Cobra
29-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Oh John, you don't change do you.

gingerj
29-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Oh John, you don't change do you.

I think its maybe the fact that its a gaming forum, no one really wants to know or cares and one more time its a gaming forum.

Its not that John is doing anything wrong....

John Beaulieu
29-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I am just curious as to why someone who wanted their account deleted, threads deleted, all posts removed would then start down the same path with their new account

is it a case of 'look at me' syndrome ... or something more sinister?

The Cobra
29-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Banter is all about mindless pointless drivel. This is a gaming forum, granted. But this is off topic, and this post was made in banter.

Just forget it.

MartyG
30-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Lugged 60 sacks of 20mm stones today - but it was probably worth it no more cutting the grass. It's not quite finished yet, needs some plants and a "feature":

mt50
30-05-2005, 09:21 PM
looks much better now marty, nice and simple to keep tidy aswell :)

MartyG
30-05-2005, 09:26 PM
That was the whole point - I hate cutting grass, as must be obvious. I hate gardening full stop tbh.

Kieran76
31-05-2005, 09:15 AM
In case anyone is bothered I still have a hangover and will be playing a round of golf in 45mins.

The Cobra
31-05-2005, 11:55 AM
MartyG, that looks well good man. Looks so much nicer.

What's up with the weather thse days? It was uber hot last weekend, then it rained for the next few days, and it's semi nice today.

How's the weather accross he country today?

Soi
31-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I proposed to my girlfriend on Saturday at 4:30 am and she said yes. I was dressed as Paul Phoenix (of Tekken fame) at the time, wearing a red gi, black belt and 5 days worth of stubble. She was dressed as Anna Williams (we were having a Tekken themed fancy dress party). And no, we're not bonkers.

The Cobra
31-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Congrats Soi man, what a way to do it aswell. :lol:

Got any pics?

Oh, and when are we finally going to play some games on Halo 2 again. :happy:

Soi
31-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks, I didn't plan to ask like that -just happened. I do have pics, and may post them.

As for Halo 2, you around tonight? The fianc?e is out this evening.

The Cobra
31-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Indeed I am. Noticed you were on the other night, but didn't invite you as you were in there with 3 other chaps.

See you later man.

Spatial
31-05-2005, 12:43 PM
And no, we're not bonkers.

That's debateable :p

Only kidding, congratulations to you both :D

Crispin
31-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Congratulations. Postpixpls. Don't worry, I'm on a fapping diet. No more faps for me!

MartyG
31-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Congrats.

JU!
31-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Congrats man always cool to propose you must be nervous doin that stuff.:D

tokyochojin
01-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know if their or any Uni's in the UK besides Leeds that offer full Japanese degree courses?

Cheers!

SaijoBob
01-06-2005, 01:03 AM
I've got a friend doing the Leeds course via distance learning. Supposed to be the best one in the UK I think, and they offer a few different levels.

If you live in Japan you can still meet your lecturers, as they come to Tokyo a couple of times a year I think.

tokyochojin
01-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeah i don't have a degree though, so that's what i want so i can stay in Japan. Have to go home and get it.:(

SaijoBob
01-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Wales, Bristol, Exeter and Northumbria (in Newcastle) Uni also do Japanese courses, but not sure how good they are.

I remember there being a lot of Japanese (people) students at Northumbria when I visited.

edandersen
01-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Oxford Brookes Uni do Japanese, and you can combine it 50/50 with any subject you want (most of us rejects of society just choose a computing subject though) and they still send you abroad. Hard to get on the course now though, its like 400% oversubscribed.

tokyochojin
01-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Yeah i think oxford is alittle out of my league as are most uni's because i don't have alevels, so it's just a case of using my age and japanese as a makeweight to get in somewere..

gossi the dog
01-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Oxford Brookes is an old polytechnic that recently became an university. It's not the same place that brainy ****ers like Crispin are at.

tokyochojin
01-06-2005, 04:29 AM
It looks like only Sheffield and Leeds offer the full degree courses...:( Dunno about staying in Yorkie land for 4 years :P

SaijoBob
01-06-2005, 04:31 AM
Northumbria might be a good bet, a you'll get to meet a lot of Japanese there was well. Depends if your willing to make the move to the cold north though!

tokyochojin
01-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah i checked i don't think they have the full degree and i will have to mix it with another course. Anyway now ex might still be making the move to England with me, i should get plenty of Jp practice.

Bollocks* Leeds are full, i guess they are all gonna be full for 2006 no?

SaijoBob
01-06-2005, 05:36 AM
I think my friend on the Leeds course had to do all of the application stuff early in the year, but his is a distance course.

Probably best to send their department an email, and ask to be put on the list in case anyone drops out. You can also check when the next course starts as well then.

Good luck!

gossi the dog
01-06-2005, 10:18 AM
They shouldn't be full for the 2006/2007 academic year. 2005/2006 would be, especially seeing as it's the last year before top up fees come in.

Zanza
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
If your still looking for courses; Liverpool John Moores offer a 3 year fulltime joint degree in Japanese with TESOL, and I think the real Liverpool Uni also does a masters in TESOL, if your lookin to take it to the next level.

tokyochojin
02-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Joint Degree course Zanza? So i gotta mix it with some other course like Buisness? I do like scouse ladies so that could be a bonus, it's just the fact that i would have to wait in the UK till Sept 2006 doing bugger all that bothers me..

gossi the dog
02-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Get a job!

tokyochojin
02-06-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't mean not working, i mean getting stuck in a ****ey no point job for a year. Especially living back in the UK with people moaning about the weather and the price of petrol every bloody day..

spagmasterswift
02-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Right! I'm off to Ljubljana for a long weekend on the lash! I have no idea where Ljubljana is though :ph34r: See you fools on Tuesday :)

Ady
03-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I do like scouse ladies

Eurgh! The accent... the accent!

Noooo!

:o

zeroboo
05-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Right, i was asked this question bout 30min ago and it's really annoying me cause i don't have the answer. The question goes like this...

-3 men goto a hotel.
-They are charged ?30 for 1 room, they split the cost thus ?10 each.
-The manager decides it is too much so reduces to ?25 for the room. He gives ?5 to the bell boy to return to the 3 men.
-The bell boy decides to pocket ?2 and only gives ?3 to the 3 men.
-so each man gets ?1 back and in effect have only paid ?9 each.
-9x3=?27 add on the ?2 from the bell boy = ?29

Where is the remaining ?1?

electric_warrior
05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Thats some good ****, no idea about the answer though!

edandersen
05-06-2005, 09:53 PM
The three blokes paid ?27 for a room costing ?25. The bell boy took ?2. There is no missing money.

Of the original thirty squids, each bloke now has ?1, the bell boy has ?2 and the manager dude has ?25.

Economics class anyone? :)

gossi the dog
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
-9x3=?27 add on the ?2 from the bell boy = ?29

It's going wrong at this point. You should be taking away ?2 from ?27 giving you ?25 which is the correct answer, not adding it on.

Commander Jameson
05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
There is no missing pound. You don't add on the ?2 to the ?27, but subtract it instead, giving the ?25 that was actually charged.

It's like saying this:

I give you ?10. You give me ?7 back. Overall, I have given you ?3. So I paid you ?3 and you have ?3 now. That is ?6 in total. So, where is the other ?4 from the ?10?

There is no "missing" ?4. The total amount of money is still the same (my ?7 + your ?3). Similarly, in the original question, the total amount of money is still ?30 (?25 for the rooms + ?2 for the bellboy + ?1 refund + ?1 refund + ? refund).

CJ

gossi the dog
05-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Economics class anyone? :)

More like maths :)

zeroboo
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
damn... i feel stupid now :( im gonna goto the corner and draw circles...

Crossed fingers
05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
What i want to know is where the three men are going to sleep, and why are they all in the same room ;)

marcus
06-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Jack was about to marry Jill and his father took him to one side.
When I married your mother, the first thing I did when we got home was
take off my trousers," he said. "I gave them to your mother and told her
to put them on.
When she did, they were enormous on her and she said to me that she
couldn't possibly wear them, as they were too large.
I told her, "of course they're too big. I wear the trousers in this family
and I always will." Ever since that day, we have never had a single
problem."
Jack took his father's advice and as soon as he got Jill alone after the
wedding, he did the same thing; took off his trousers, gave them to Jill
and told her to put them on.
Jill said that the trousers were too big and she couldn't possibly wear
them. "Exactly," replied Jack. "I wear the trousers in this
relationship and always will. I don't want you to forget that".
Jill paused and removed her knickers and gave them to Jack. "Try
these on," she said, so he tried them on but they were too small.
I can't possibly get into your knickers," said Jack.
Exactly," replied Jill. "And if you don't change your *******
attitude, you never will"

marcus
06-06-2005, 08:54 AM
God was just about done creating a man but He had two things left over in his bag and He couldn't quiet decide how to split them
between Adam and Eve. He thought He might just as well ask them.

He told them one of the things He had was a thing that would allow the owner to pee while standing up. "It's a very handy thing",
God told them, "and I was wondering if either of you had a preference for it".

Well, Adam jumped up and down and begged, "Oh, please give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems like the sort of
thing a man should have. Please! Pleeeeease! Give it to me!"

On and on he went like an excited little boy. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted it so badly, he could have it.
So God gave Adam the thing that allowed him to pee standing up. Adam was so excited he just started whizzing all over the place -
first on the side of the rock, then he wrote his name in the sand and then he tried to see if he could hit a stump ten feet away -
laughing with delight all the while.

God and Eve watched him with amusement and then God said to Eve, "Well, I guess you're kind of stuck with the last thing I have left."
"What's it called?" asked Eve.
"Brains", said God.

Nijo
06-06-2005, 09:47 AM
damn... i feel stupid now :( im gonna goto the corner and draw circles...

Nah, it's a classic maths problem. Most people trip up first time they see it.

Ady
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I bought a baby venus flytrap over the weekend. ..

Big Seany
06-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Excellent. Carnivourous plants are teh best. I have got a flytrap, a sundew, and a pitcher plant.

Rossco
06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I bought a baby venus flytrap over the weekend. .. AMAZING!! :o

Those things are boss man! 8) I want one. I love putting stupid things in like bits of paper or something and watch them eating it thinking its real food! :lol:

Good jokes by the way marcus! http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/happy.gif

Ady
06-06-2005, 11:04 AM
The instructions I got with it advised against playing with it (you're not even allowed to touch the thing).

I need to give it a name, but I can't think of one yet.

The Cobra
06-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Have we got some new mods? :happy:

The Cobra
06-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Ady. I need one of those. Please tell me where I can get one. :o

Got any pictures of your beast?

icarus0
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Got any pictures of your beast?
:blink:

Is this going to be NSFW?

Ady
06-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh the urge to make some obvious macho braggery at this point is strong. ;)

Seriously though, I don't have any pics as yet but I'll put one up at some point. It's only a baby at the moment, so there's not an awful lot to see. It has about five "jaws" already.

I just looked on the 'net and saw they could get like this:

http://www.onlyvenusflytraps.com/images/traps/colorfulVFT.jpg

Crisp_Rapper
06-06-2005, 11:30 AM
oh **** i forgot, i've got some insect eating plants to grow! take a visit to the early learning centre and you can get little tiny pots with soil and seeds for ?2... i've got a banana plant (which produces tiny bananas), a lightning plant (sticky fly catcher), a venus fly trap and one of those water trap ones.

insects of leeds, BEWARE!

flytraps are awesome.

Rossco
06-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I need to give it a name, but I can't think of one yet.
Frankie The Flytrap!!! 8)

Spatial
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
http://www.onlyvenusflytraps.com/images/traps/colorfulVFT.jpg

Second that, thats one evil looking plant

Crisp_Rapper
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
blatantly 'audrey' :P

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I've just lost a digestive in my tea!!!!! :(

Corrupt Rose
08-06-2005, 04:26 PM
pwned.

Mardigan8
08-06-2005, 04:29 PM
You muppet... NEVER use a digestive in your tea flipantly, they dissolve faster than a whores knickers. Care must be taken.

Agree with response rose... totally PWND... by a biscuit, hehehe.

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:32 PM
It's ok... I've moved to hobnobs, they seem to have a far better structural integrity, sadly I know I'm going to have a mushy digestive in the bottom of my cup....

bumclouds!

icarus0
08-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I hate it when that happens.

I feel for you mate, I really do.

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's a difficult time, but I must pull through....

Hobnobs, great for dunking, however they seem to break up a lot more on my keyboard while eating.....

Must find the ultimate biscuit

SaijoBob
08-06-2005, 04:35 PM
You can pull through this man. Be strong!!!

Ps Jammy Dodgers all the way. The jam means they retain their structure, and crummage can be kept to a minimum through big bites. Don't nibble like a girly-man!

Method
08-06-2005, 04:37 PM
^ also pwned

Crossed fingers
08-06-2005, 04:37 PM
What method of dunking were you using?

endo
08-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Don't try rich tea, especially the fingers. Total misnomer- they go insta-soggy and will fall apart in the blink of an eye. **** biscuits.

Ady
08-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Digestives are rank anyway.

:pft:

Mardigan8
08-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Oops.. dont think that will be there for long... LOL.

Get into the Kit Kats... perfect dunking properties... mind and remove the wrapper first.

icarus0
08-06-2005, 04:40 PM
The remains of the biscuit at the bottom of the cup, combined with some of the tea, can look like sick.

Great for fooling family/friends/work colleagues.

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:40 PM
I was using the dunk'n'dip approach

Dunk in for 2.3/2.8 secs - then move slowly up and down, this will be the dip, but not allowing the biscuit to leave the contents of the cup.... then in a smooth steady motion, moving the biscuit towards the mouth for consumption.

However this particular biscuit (biscuit A for this description) failed on the 'dip' stroke.

It can be thought that Biscuit A was a faulty biscuit or that maybe the Air Conditioning weakened Biscuit A's structural integritry.

Ady
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
If this was America, you'd have a case and would be able to sue.

Mardigan8
08-06-2005, 04:45 PM
This is a perfect end to the working day :) cheers munkey, your description of events is class.

Stop messing about and just dip some toast in there like a proper man.

Crossed fingers
08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I was using the dunk'n'dip approach

Dunk in for 2.3/2.8 secs - then move slowly up and down, this will be the dip, but not allowing the biscuit to leave the contents of the cup.... then in a smooth steady motion, moving the biscuit towards the mouth for consumption.

However this particular biscuit (biscuit A for this description) failed on the 'dip' stroke.

It can be thought that Biscuit A was a faulty biscuit or that maybe the Air Conditioning weakened Biscuit A's structural integritry.

That's exactly the method i use!! I suggest you switch to the more rigid rich tea biscuit for optimum quality dunking!

I can only assume the biscuit as you say was faulty-i'd bring it back to the shop demanding an explanation. Or it could've been a surprisingly strong cup of tea!

Crossed fingers
08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Or switch drinks-ever dunked a biscuit into a glass of orange juice?

SwooseGoose
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Bourbon Creams - The Ultimate Dunker

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
I have jaffa cakes here, but they just melt and make my hands look like I was wiping my arse after a curry fueled poo, and the tissue split.

But they taste soooo good, a lot better than curry fueled poo.

endo
08-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Or switch drinks-ever dunked a biscuit into a glass of orange juice?

Clearly you're from the new-school of biscuit dunkage. Orange juice is a bit too avant-garde for me, the most unorthodox dunking liquid I've ever tried being milk.

Crossed fingers
Jaffa cakes are great-but i bought some unofficial 3rd party ones from Marks and Spencer and they were pretty rank-had dark chocolate for **** sake!

sinistamunkey
That's exactly the method i use!! I suggest you switch to the more rigid rich tea biscuit for optimum quality dunking!

I can only assume the biscuit as you say was faulty-i'd bring it back to the shop demanding an explanation. Or it could've been a surprisingly strong cup of tea!

I have always used the Dunk'n'dip and has never failed me until today, now my confidence is shaken.

Apparently I cannot get a refund on a single biscuit, which I think is a giant conspiricy, to oppress the masses.

sinistamunkey
08-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Jaffa cakes are great-but i bought some unofficial 3rd party ones from Marks and Spencer and they were pretty rank-had dark chocolate for **** sake!

I've had those, and I was very unimpressed.... the chocolate seemed to be replaced with a mild concrete, and the 'jaffa' tasted like spinich, which was wrong on so many levels :(

Crossed fingers
08-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Clearly you're from the new-school of biscuit dunkage. Orange juice is a bit too avant-garde for me, the most unorthodox dunking liquid I've ever tried being milk.

I'd say i'd be a renaissance dunker-willing to try new things. If i were to be particularly daring i could double dunk. Dunking in two liquids simultaneously-say Coke and Ribbena-although i'm guessing an accident would follow!

charlie5
08-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Toffypops are immense after dunkage, as the toffy inside melts just right but the outside is still biscuity.

VR46
08-06-2005, 05:09 PM
girl at work here sucks hot chocolate throught the holes in a Spira chocolate bar ! sight to be seen :)

Spatial
08-06-2005, 05:38 PM
girl at work here sucks hot chocolate throught the holes in a Spira chocolate bar ! sight to be seen :)

I bet it is - I thought Spira's were extinct ?

endo
08-06-2005, 05:42 PM
girl at work here sucks hot chocolate throught the holes in a Spira chocolate bar

That almost sounds like slang for some kind of exotic sex act :)

How long can she go before the hot chocolate melts the Spira?

buster_broon
08-06-2005, 05:46 PM

My missus bites each end of a twix off and sucks here tea thru the twix until its all mushy - then chops on it

gossi the dog
08-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Caramel chocolate digestives are great for dunking in tea. The caramel does a great job of holding everything together.

icarus0
08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Caramel chocolate digestives are great for dunking in tea. The caramel does a great job of holding everything together.
Amen to that.

buster_broon
08-06-2005, 09:14 PM
thought i would post some pictures showing where i work and live for the most part of the year

these photographs were taken a couple of weeks ago when 3 ships of the 3rd Mine Countermeasures Squadron went to sea and completed a squadex

this involved loads of whole ship evolutions (fires, floods) as well as communication exercises which i was in charge of

some photos of our recent visit to Cardiff and the skull and cross bones is a replenishment flag - dont worry teh pirates arnt around the UK shores

next visit is Swansea after we take part in T200 off the coast of portsmouth

buster_broon
08-06-2005, 09:16 PM
2nd post in this thread - sorry

recently it was Coronation day and this is how we salute the queen

this will be happening to all navy vessels alongside in harbour this Friday and Saturday since its Philips Birthday/Queens Official birthday

the ships are called Hms Brecon and Hms Cottesmore, i'm the comms department boss onboard Hms Brecon, which is the ship inboard

have fun!!!! :)

Kieran76
08-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't know how you do it Buster, I have read and the watched the film version of Cruel Sea. Terrified the life out of me.

buster_broon
08-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Don't know how you do it Buster, I have read and the watched the film version of Cruel Sea. Terrified the life out of me.

it can get pretty nasty in a heavy swell and i do suffer from sea sickness after a point

but small ships like minesweepers will always seek some shelter if it gets bad

the big ships like destroyers/frigates will stay out in all seas

never actually experienced a force 12, but i've been in a severe 11 and it was awful - waves were crashing over the bridge and we nearly lost the lynx helicopter

wheelaa
08-06-2005, 11:00 PM
waves were crashing over the bridge and we nearly lost the lynx helicopter
:ph34r:

djjimbob
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Thank **** it's Friday. I'm off to drink some Magners.

MartyG
10-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Buster - so you have Internet access on board ship?

buster_broon
10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Buster - so you have Internet access on board ship?

limited access - its all governed by MOD servers, hates alot of places including all email sites and sites with secure servers - something to do with cross communication between websites or something

i do have access to this website if i wanted when we are at sea, but since i run the account its not worth it

we have a 56k civilian satellite connection by NERA and it costs over ?5 a minute to use it, so we only download emails once a day

its an okay price as it used to cost over ?10 a minute

if 1 of my boys has to download alot of emails i let him surf until the download is complete then he has to disconnect

when we are alongside a port we use the normal naval telephone network or bt, but access is still limited to what the navy servers allow us to visit

MartyG
10-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Right - I just thought it was surprising that a military ship had open Internet access whilst on patrol. That's pretty cool though - even if there's limited access, there are easy ways around blocks on sites, it just surprises me that access is available at all.

buster_broon
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Right - I just thought it was surprising that a military ship had open Internet access whilst on patrol. That's pretty cool though.

i've been on minesweepers for the last 12 years, so i've never had a big ship since the internet took off, but from what i believe the larger ships like destroyers and aircraft carriers (thru deck cruisers) actually have internet cafes thru the ships navystar system

small ships dont have navystar - we have the poor navylink system

sithlordx
10-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I find out if I get a job at RBOS tommrow

wish me luck

MartyG
10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Good luck.

Spatial
12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Various pwnage compilation vid (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=OWNED-Part-Deux&width=640)

Some of these people are idiots. Some are very unlucky

:lol: @ the cat in the tree. Poor thing was probably fine up there in the first place

SwooseGoose
14-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Look how lucky this guy is, the car must miss by a matter of inches.
http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=405

How to pull the ladies!
http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=262

djjimbob
14-06-2005, 01:11 PM
good dodging skills.

gunrock
14-06-2005, 10:50 PM
I like this one. Especially when the cops screaming "Get you hands behind your back or you get it again!", and the poor fool screams "I can't!".

Tazer me one more time, baby! (http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=216)

Corrupt Rose
15-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Dammit.

I was on the way back to my student house after a week home seeing the family at the end of term. On the way, I saw a bin with what must have been a dozen low-quality porn movies on VHS. Thinking it was a slightly odd thing to see, I finished my journey, only to find all my housemates had gone to... Prague.

I make dinner, and decide to go and retrieve the porn because I've got nothing better to do this week but spam CVs into every shop in town in a desperate attempt to get work over the summer.

By the time I reach the low-quality-porn laden bin, I find out someone has already had the same idea, and taken it all.

Bah.

I don't know why I'm concerned, sitting here on 3-odd mb internet connection, but grrrr anyway.

SaijoBob
15-06-2005, 01:41 AM
I feel for you. All that booty cruelly snatched away...

Time for some of Tommy's bookmarks?

Rossco
15-06-2005, 11:07 PM
:lol:

Unlucky!

Is MSN doing crazy things for people? Won't let me sign into messenger or even go on their website!? :???:

MartyG
16-06-2005, 09:03 AM
This is very wierd. If you continue to focus on the cross in the centre of the image you will notice that the circle of violet circles will disappear completely and turn green.

Ady
16-06-2005, 09:15 AM
How queer! :hmm:

The brain can do some weird things sometimes...

(see overpage)

SwooseGoose
16-06-2005, 10:54 AM
http://img73.echo.cx/img73/7929/conflict0jy.gif

djjimbob
16-06-2005, 11:25 AM
This is very wierd. If you continue to focus on the cross in the centre of the image you will notice that the circle of violet circles will disappear completely and turn green.

that was ace.

SwooseGoose
16-06-2005, 11:33 AM
WTF??

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/spellingbeenapoleondynamite.html

Rossco
16-06-2005, 11:51 AM
WTF??

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/spellingbeenapoleondynamite.html
What on earth!? :???:

MrDark
16-06-2005, 12:49 PM
"Does chickens have large talons?" Wort wort wort!!!1111!!! :D

(Thats what I heard anyway)

MartyG
24-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Woo thunder and lightning. And I'm in on my motorcycle today. Should be an interesting ride home ...

Actually, I find it facinating watching the storms - so difficult to capture them on film (lightning I mean), but I might have a go this evening.

Ace lightning pics (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/africa_dorset_storms0_23_june_2005/html/1.stm)

The Cobra
24-06-2005, 03:16 PM
What happened to the rest of this topic. :wtf:

nickgodfrey
24-06-2005, 03:35 PM
There was a twit who posted in it a lot; can't remember his name - so it was deleted :P

SwooseGoose
24-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Only 15 minutes to go till I finish work till Tuesday!!!

Off to Blackpool Tomorrow - WooHoo!

Roost
24-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Same here, but not the Blackpool bit hehe. oh and i'm at work till half 5....still i am off till tuesday!

John Beaulieu
24-06-2005, 03:59 PM
was on the phone to Tommyg yesterday - hes at glastonbury, bigging it up with a motor home for the weekend. He was telling me how he was just chilling in the glorious sunshine, checking everything out and getting prepared for some good music today

and today ......

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41229000/jpg/_41229567_glastonbury_pa_203.jpg

Roost
24-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Hopefully he not floated away in the motorhome :D

Spatial
24-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Why is it whenever I hear the word Motorhome now I think of Max and Paddy

How dare yoo ! How dare yoo!

anephric
24-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey sailor. You wanna buy dirty ho? Only ten dollar, ten dollar.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9s-70-q8m.html&main=fly

Spatial
24-06-2005, 05:51 PM
A proper dirty ho

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/245736/2/Gardener.jpg

Oh wait, this isn't the Picture Wars thread :hmm:

Spatial
25-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Shamelessly pilfered from a thread ovar at Rollmuck - how many webcams could one person possibly need :blink:

http://www.opentopia.com/hiddencam.php?seewhat=newest&country=&showmode=standard&screen=1

edandersen
26-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Not appropriate for NTSC-UK.

Spatial
26-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Always watch where you're going !

http://img90.echo.cx/img90/840/91828runcol77im.gif

Ouch !

yosai
27-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Nasty. Wheres that from?

t-dog
27-06-2005, 05:20 PM
the guy sitting to the left's trying to warn him/her, but in vain.
Also notice how her head instantly slings backwards like a sack of bean.
heh.

Spatial
27-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Nasty. Wheres that from?

Don't know to be honest, I just stumbled across it whilst trawling teh interweb :)

SwooseGoose
28-06-2005, 02:18 PM
This Guy is funny!

http://www.negative-shock.net/medialist/out.php?sID=142&&sURL=http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1119870948

JU!
28-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Always watch where you're going !

http://img90.echo.cx/img90/840/91828runcol77im.gif

Ouch !

Oof! that looks painful

The link above amazing Drunken_Monkey:lol:

marcus
28-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Lifes like a box of chocolates...

TommyG
28-06-2005, 06:57 PM
And in other news...

John Beaulieu in gaylord shocker (http://John.Beaulieu.isagaylord.com//)

:D

Roost
28-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Muwahahaha!

absolut
28-06-2005, 09:12 PM
And in other news...

Tommy G in gaylord shocker (http://Tommy.G.isagaylord.com/)

:D I expect you to be banned under the Terms of Service of the forums. Afterall I got the following pm from Mr Beaulieu after a similar post of mine...

Hi

Please read the Terms of Service - any insults directed at another forum member breaches the ToS

rgds

John Beaulieu
If you aren't banned then the terms of service are a

fal?la?cy http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fr%3D2%26q%3Dfallacy) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (fhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/abreve.giflhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gif-shttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gif)
n. pl. fal?la?cies
A false notion.
A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
The quality of being deceptive.

Corrupt Rose
28-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I expect you to be banned under the Terms of Service of the forums. Afterall I got the following pm from Mr Beaulieu after a similar post of mine...

If anyone went to that length to take the piss out of me, I'd be dead chuffed. Pffft. No bannings.

SubparMario
28-06-2005, 09:25 PM
So are you a dedicated trolling account or what?

Please tell me you didn't do the formatting on that definition manually.

absolut
28-06-2005, 09:29 PM
So are you a dedicated trolling account or what?

Please tell me you didn't do the formatting on that definition manually.
Im sorry to say Begerac that you are wrong on both accounts.

TommyG
28-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Johns my mate he lives up the road, he took the piss with toungue in cheek about glasto, so i was just returning some friendly fire. Get over yourself, peace and love.

Tommy :)

John Beaulieu
28-06-2005, 11:11 PM
he was calling himself anyways (after quick edit)

so alls fair in love and war

Pavey
28-06-2005, 11:23 PM
How does an electric toothbrush charge through all that plastic?

Pavey
28-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Cheque please!

babs
29-06-2005, 08:46 AM
phal?lus http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dphallus) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (fhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/abreve.giflhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifs)
n. pl. phal?li (fhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/abreve.giflhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/imacr.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/lprime.gif) or phal?lus?es
Anatomy.
The penis.
The sexually undifferentiated tissue in an embryo that becomes the penis or clitoris.

A representation of the penis and testes as an embodiment of generative power.
The immature penis considered in psychoanalysis as the libidinal object of infantile sexuality in the male.

marcus
29-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Remember a while back when Luton was voted "crap town of the year"? Well it does have one attraction, to aliens, whom would apparently choose it as their landing place of choice according to this news story on the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4630329.stm. With any luck, a huge, ****off-sized flying saucer would level out the town causing it to have to be rebuilt from scratch again. Wishful thinking.

weresheep
29-06-2005, 10:23 AM
I knew it!!!

"Your EasyJey flight is delayed because of the weather." my ass. Its the damn aliens taking up all the runway slots.

Alien bastards!

-weresheep

Sarkster
29-06-2005, 10:27 AM
phal?lus http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dphallus) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (fhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/abreve.giflhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifs)
n. pl. phal?li (fhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/abreve.giflhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/imacr.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/lprime.gif) or phal?lus?es
Anatomy.
The penis.
The sexually undifferentiated tissue in an embryo that becomes the penis or clitoris.

A representation of the penis and testes as an embodiment of generative power.
The immature penis considered in psychoanalysis as the libidinal object of infantile sexuality in the male.

This isnt the requests thread, Babs. Can a mod move this post please?

SwooseGoose
29-06-2005, 02:10 PM
http://img179.echo.cx/img179/9370/365younghottie9rt.th.jpg (http://img179.echo.cx/my.php?image=365younghottie9rt.jpg)

Spatial
29-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Shatner does Se7en

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/22937/

MartyG
01-07-2005, 02:15 PM
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/bbshots.html

Fantastic vid.

endo
01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
That vid is unbelievable- can't imagine how many goes it took to get it perfect.

charlesr
01-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Why are we looking at a site called big-boys.com?

Spatial
02-07-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~macopism/noct/data/

Really cool light generator. Use the mouse to interact with the colours and streams (left clicking moves onto the next set)

SubparMario
07-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Is it me or does the Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi have simply the coolest hair ever seen by a mortal man?

http://www.badgerparade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/koizumi.jpg
http://www.badgerparade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/koizumi2.jpg

Nice

IainMcC
07-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Shatner does Se7en

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/22937/

Greatest. Thing. Ever. You've got to give Shatner his due - he does know how to take the piss out of himself mercilessly.

Spatial
08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Nice bit of viral marketing for The Wedding Crashers film that lets you impose someones face on to Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan (which has got to be a definite improvement)

Didn't want to put this in the movies folder as it's only loosley about the film...

Here's my effort

http://www.weddingcrashersmovie.com/crashthistrailer/index.htm?id=17577

Do your worst / best people - make me laugh and win a prize*

*prize does not actually exist

Kieran76
13-07-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm knackered, been up since 3.30am. Our lass was off to the airport so I got up with her and made some breakfast, not been able to sleep since then. Worse thing is there is no milk left so I am left to drink black coffee. Also I have parents evening tonight, which I hate doing. I still don't understand why parents don't believe you when you say their offspring has the attention span of a flea. They always blame some other child for their owns shortcomings.

icarus0
13-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Going to see Nine Inch Nails in London tomorrow night.

Can. Not. Wait.