Fringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fringe

Watched the pilot last night of this new Bad Robot TV series (JJ is the writer) and it has a lot of potential. Quite similar to X-Files, with two FBI agents working out the mystery behind an incident on a passenger jet, which opens the show.

The plot is a bit silly ('Fringe' science), but the show is still entertaining and could be a success.

Aw man, I was hoping for some hairdressing action

Comment

always worry with this sort of thing about getting into it, enjoying the first series, then it gets canned.

recall that really cool disease one on sky a couple of years back with the really hot woman playing some disaster outbreak, threshold or something like that.

premise sounds interesting of Fringe though, who's got it over here ?

Comment

Threshold was cool! Such a shame that it got canned.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
          Threshold was cool! Such a shame that it got canned.
          indeed it was, helped massively by the female leads wardrobe made up exclusively of incredibly tight jumpers.

Comment

Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 23-06-2008, 12:29.

Comment

saw this today, and thought it was pretty good.

i like the general idea of the conspiracies and science being more advanced than is generally know. should be interesting to see where it goes and how the nutty doctor is linked with the rich scientist guy.

seems like its going to be a kind of cross of alias and x-files, which should be good.

Comment

I was watching this with me girlf, and she was moaning that she was disappointed it wasn't more like Regenesis. Cue the gods of happenstance and Peter Outerbridge appears onscreen.

Thought this was pretty good, if massively derivative, myself. X-Files, Regenesis, Threshold, Altered States, The Cell. All mixed together for maximum rip-off action.

Comment

Just watched the feature length Pilot of this and thought it was cool. I thought it was going to be like the X Files but without the sexual tension seeing as the first time you see the main character she's with her bloke but glad that my guess proved to be wrong.

The twist at the end had me and the missus both shouting "hell no" which can only be a good thing. Hopefully have the next couple of episodes soon so this, along with the new season of House and Heores Season 3 should keep us entertained now the nights are drawing in!!

Comment

This is starting RIGHT NOW on Sky One...

Edit: It's the pilot btw..
                    Last edited by ChrisF; 05-10-2008, 20:09.

Comment

watched this last night, first impressions are its a bit yawnsome, just feels like the x-files with a 20 minute planning session spin put on it.

I'll give it another go to see if it develops at all but didn't grab me at all, felt like I'd seen it all before.

Only thing I thought was cool was the way they stuck the place names up over the pics and you got shadows and saw the letters from the back sometimes.

As for the res of it, meh.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was Abrams by numbers. You've got the tough pretty woman lead, the mix of science with the supernatural, the big conspiracy.

I'll probably stick with it though, if only because Lost should hopefully be on once it's finished...

Comment

I thought this was gash! The characters were painful to watch. A poor mans X files. I'll give it a few more though...

Comment

Thought it was good for first thirty minutes then lost my interest totally, seemed like the longest pilot episode ever. I never was a big X-Files fan. Now I remember why.

Comment

well I gave it another go and its utter drivel.

its just so shallow and boring with such uninteresting characters and story.

The only one I like is the older Professor bloke but are we expected to believe he's been in a loony bin for 17ys and knows how to use the latest state of the art computer equipment ?

its rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                              X