Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planetside

Anyone else on planetside ??

I am on the 7 day trial and i have to say im loving it !

Nearest comparison i can think of is Halo online

Very highly recommended - give the 7 day trial ago (unless ur on 56k, 1.4gb download!)

I bought it and played it for a month or two. It was really fun at first but the problem is that you can never actually win the war your playing so its just same. Log on help take Searhus log off. Log on and do exactly the same thing.

Comment

I wouldn't bother buying it if you've played the 7 day trial, as it's only a short time after that that the 'wow' factor wears off and you've left with a fairly dull MMOFPS where there's very little point in actually taking bases.

Comment

any of you guys play this at all

I have just started on the emerald server

Comment

Where can you download the trial?

Comment

you can get it from file planet

I will hunt out the url for u

Comment

I made a post about this about a week or two after I downloaded the public beta. I enjoyed the beta immensely, but unfortunately the retail game that shipped was a massive step backwards for me.

The final game was in a barely playable state, horrendous bugs all over the place, and customer service reps who do nothing but blame or ignore the users. Just check the official forums to get an idea.

I cancelled my account a couple of months ago, and I doubt I'll go back, from what I've read in the forums the game population appears to have dropped massively recently. I checked recently on their main site, and they are planning an expansion pack already. This is a real kick in the teeth because they still haven't implemented features they promised in beta (platoons for example).

This game does seem like fun for a short while (it gets extremely repetetive), but my advice would be to avoid like the plague.

Comment

platoons are due very soon apparently

I am very new to this game but what i have played i have enjoyed a lot, dunno what the lastibility will be like but for the moment it is a lot of fun.

however, there are 2 servers, i found emerald a pain in the ass (bad ping) but werner had a much better ping and was much smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by wicky
                  platoons are due very soon apparently
                  They've been saying that since beta, it gets annoying after a while (makes you wonder where your monthly fee is going exactly).

I am very new to this game but what i have played i have enjoyed a lot, dunno what the lastibility will be like but for the moment it is a lot of fun.

however, there are 2 servers, i found emerald a pain in the ass (bad ping) but werner had a much better ping and was much smoother.
                  I really enjoyed it to start with too, I was pretty gushing with the praise, but after a while I realised that it just seemed like a big XP grind. Once you reach a certain level, there's pretty much zero incentive to carry on, there's no other reward.

I actually found Emerald to be a better server than Werner for me, which is strange seeing as Werner is physically closer.

Comment

platoons are now live by the way

Comment

Sod Planetside. You'd rather be a Bounty Hunter.

See my sig tbh

Comment

lol, never played starwars galaxies yet.

I am enjoying still planetside tbh, anyway that will soon all change when i get my made in wario for the gamecube

Comment

Working...
                        X