This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What films have you watched this week?

There's one for games, music and literature; So here's a thread for movies!

Be it at the cinema or at home; old or new; good or bad; 1st time or 100th time viewing, DVD or Blu-ray - What films have you watched this week?

Personally I watched The Pursuit of Happyness recently. A very emotional tale that exceeded my initial expectations. The on-screen connection between the two was great - this aspect aided by the fact that they were Father and son in real life. The more recent Will Smith movies have me impressed especially the great I Am Legend as well.

If you haven't seen it, go get it!
    Last edited by Malc; 01-07-2008, 11:30.

I watched Sweeny Todd the other night, which i enjoyed more that i thought i would. I also watched Paprika (anime film) last night which i also enjoyed although I think it needs a second viewing.

Comment

Counting the weekend since it's only Tues.

I watch films when i exercise so I go through a lot of them...

Atonement - Turned off after 15 mins. ZzZ
      Be Kind Rewind - Surprised I watched the whole thing.
      Blade Runner: Final cut
      Sweeney Todd
      WarGames: The Dead Code - Wavers between so bad it's good and just bad. Reasonable bit of tat.

Comment

The other day I watched Godzilla: Final Wars, it was great!

Comment

Saturday in watched 'Kiss me deadly' an exellent 1940s Noir, and Sunday i watched 'The Night Porter' which was dodgy for all kinds of reasons (not least the quality of the dvd transfer) but also exellent, not for everyone though.

Comment

"Filthy First Timers 3" with special guest star, Frank Shaft.
            Four skulls out of five.

Comment

Anita and me, meh 3/5
              A couple weeks ago I watched this is England, 4.5/5 pretty good. It amazes me how they made it look just like the 80's . .and stuff.

Comment

Raw Deal last night, I wish i could write a script like that. Better one liners than the movie as a whole mind, not aged too well. Some bad getting shot acting adds to the comedy appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                  A couple weeks ago I watched this is England, 4.5/5 pretty good. It amazes me how they made it look just like the 80's . .and stuff.
                  That is an absolute topper of a film. Only got round to watching it the other month. An amazing performance from the young lead (and the rest of the cast). If you enjoyed that, and havn't done already then track down Dead Man's Shoes, also by Shane Meadows. Another great film.

Comment

excellent, thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      The other day I watched Godzilla: Final Wars, it was great!
                      That movie is totally brilliant!!!
                      I watched 'Stage Fright' an italian slasher movie,it's good,but not as good as I remember it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                        "Filthy First Timers 3" with special guest star, Frank Shaft.
                        Four skulls out of five.
                        A true return to form after the quite frankly disapointing Filthy First Timers 2

Comment

I finally got round to cracking open my Alfred Hitchcock collection - never seen any of his films before - and watched Rope and Rear Window. Rear Window is especially good. Think I will get through the lot, eventually.

Also watched a Woody Allen flick I've never seen - Interiors (I collect all of his directed films - need another 10). Not that big a fan of serious classic Allen (like his new serious films though) and possible the least enjoyable of his films so far.

Apart from that I've been up to my neck in Veronica Mars - on series 2 episode 4 now and loving it!!!

Comment

I've often tried to get into other hitchcock films apart from the obvious 'Psycho' but none seem to grip me half as much, pity because thats one of my favourite ever films. odd really.

Comment

Over the weekend I watched...

Femme Fatale - Fantastic film that nobody else I've ever met likes.

Once Upon a Time in The West - My second favourite film ever. Wish I could go back in time and rattle Claudia Cardinale circa '68...

Paranoid Park - One of the better Van Sant flicks IMO, the fact that the high school kids are played by high school kids and not 28 year old actors makes a nice change from the norm. Think I prefer Elephant though.

There Will Be Blood - Finally. None of the reviews I'd read/heard mentioned how ****ing bizarre this film is, really quite strange stuff. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X