The NTSC-uk Fantasy Football League 2008/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NTSC-uk Fantasy Football League 2008/09

So here we are again for the start of another exciting, action-packed and oh-so-occasionally agonising fantasy football league - a chance to put yourself up against the forum's finest players and see who ends up victorious!

This year I have renewed the league through the fancy automated process but if you have not received an invite e-mail and/or you don't appear in the league table on the fantasy football website then get in touch with me via PM with your forum name and team name and I will send you the league code. Just like last year, this league will be for NTSC-ers only

-------------------------------------

Right then, first thing you will need to do is go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and either log-in with your details from last year or create a new account. Once you've done that, pick your team and then you can join the league.

I strongly suggest you take some time to read the rules if you are not familiar with them as there are bits and pieces you need to know if you are looking to compete with people who've played before (deadlines, scoring, formations etc etc). Also, pick your first team wisely - it can be hell if you pick a bad team and have to sub the duds out in the first gameweek!

If anyone is having issues then please feel free to PM me and I will try and help you out!

-------------------------------------

Joined so far (forum name/team name/[Last Season's Position - Top 10 Only])

Baseley09 - Sinking The Pink
    Chain - BunchOfLosers
    Del Boy - DelBoySmiffy
    Flabio - Nottingham Deforested
    Gerry Helmet - Fake Pretenders II [6th]
    hoolak - Voronin's Denim XI [10th]
    HumanEnergy - Tottenham Oldspurs
    jezzace - Whingers
    Jusatsushi - Team Awesome [9th]
    Lowkey - Sponsored By Sky [1st]
    themanwithapc - Dopplegangers
    MatWoods - Buns & Toasties
    Mercian - Dyslexia Untied
    MetalJoe - Liquid Football
    Myth - Millsys Machines
    nickgodfrey - Lancing Reds
    Occasus - Steel City Blades [5th]
    Olly C - The OC Reds
    RuBiQ - Rubiqs Redbulls [7th]
    thebuddahman - Back To The Toppers [8th]
    The Mole - Every Holes A Goal
    toythatkills - team mAtt
    ShawyBoy - PottersRStayinUP
    SmokeMeAKipper - Southport Supreme
    Superfamifreak - Le Bob FC
    TonyDA - Playing For Juande
    Ucci - 2_B_R_0_2_B
    Yoraths Mullet - Mighty Owls
    ??????? - Dynamo MooCow
    ??????? - Drebin's Monkeys
    ??????? - Yip eh, oooh hi Ben
    ??????? - Athletico Wildcats
    ??????? - Man Kick Ball In Net
    ??????? - Toon Army
    ??????? - Dyslexia Untied
    ??????? - Limited Edition

***** ANYONE WITH ??????? BY THEIR TEAM NAME, PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR FORUM NAME THANKS! *****
    Last edited by thebuddahman; 24-08-2008, 15:49.

ill play again mate, didnt do too bad last year.

Gamername - rubiq - Rubiqs Redbulls

Comment

I'm in! I've picked a random team for now though, doesn't seem worth trying too hard with another month of transfers before the season begins...

'team mAtt', is I.

Comment

Few people on board so far - seems the automated process from last season is doing its stuff. Trouble is, some people have joined and I'm not clever enough to remember what forum name you are. If all the people with ??????? before their team name could PM me their forum name that would be great cheers!

toythatkills - I've already picked a team of sorts (just because it is so darn addictive) but I know what you mean about all the inevitable transfers *groan*

Can a mod please sticky this like we have done in past years? Thanks.

Comment

Fear not everyone, I'm back to defend my title.

My team this year is 'Sponsored by Sky' and we've been looking pretty good in pre-season training.

Lowkey (Last seasons winner )

Comment

I'm in. Le Bob F.C.

Comment

I've entered and picked a random team. I may end up sticking with it and perhaps I'll do better than usual! Team name is Tottenham Oldspurs.
              Last edited by EJG1980; 01-08-2008, 15:19. Reason: Changed team name

Comment

Can I get the league code please?

My team is Manbags FC

Comment

My Team is: The OC Reds if you can shoot me a PM with the league code that'd be cool!

Olly.

Comment

I'm back as Voronin's Denim XI.

Thank you and good night

Comment

Hello - I've entered as well, my team is Southport Supreme (though may change it at a later date!)

I'm assuming it's the same this year as it was last year - you can make as many chnages to your team as you want in the run-up to the season beginning so don't worry if you buy Ronaldo now and then he moves to Real Madid (for example) you can swap him out without penalty.

And since we're in a gaming forum I'll just throw my gamertag out as well in case anybody wants to add me...

Ace Rimmer316

Comment

I'm here again!

OCCASVS - Steel City Blades

Comment

I'll enter this as well. Just give me sometime to get my squad together. After my poor showing last year I need to make some big changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                            I'll enter this as well. Just give me sometime to get my squad together. After my poor showing last year I need to make some big changes.
                            Have we got last years final table?

Edit: Just found it. Mid table, most likely due to Anelka's poor post move form and the rest of the team being injured half the time.

At least I finished above Baseley!!! Sod survival, as long as I finish above him, I'll be happy!!!
                            Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 17-07-2008, 07:27.

Comment

I decided that seeing as I'm always crap at this, I might as well have some fun with it. I've changed my team name to Tottenham Oldspurs and I'm only allowing myself to pick ex-Spurs players for my squad

The only place I'm short at the moment is sub-goalie, although I'm hoping I can find somebody who was a youth player / reserve / etc with us at some point.

Edit: Ah ha, thought I recognised the name Fulop, my squad is complete!
                              Last edited by EJG1980; 01-08-2008, 15:41. Reason: Hurrah for Fulop

Comment

Working...
                              X