Galaxy Force II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Force II

I've just bought Galaxy Force II for the Saturn and I noticed on the screen before the game loads is some Japanese text which includes the word 'ram' in English. Now I'm pretty sure this game can't be enhanced with the R.A.M. cart but my saturn's cartridge slot is so unreliable there's no point in me trying to find out.

If anyone can confirm either way I'd love to know.

Thanks

It's probably save data that it's talking about. It's been quite some time since I've played it but I'm sure it is talking about save data. I'll take a look later on tonight.

Yakumo

Comment

Thanks Yakumo, your knowledge fills me with admiration and crushing jealousy

Comment

If you're ram cart slot is acting up you should clean both the slot and any carts which you put in there. For the slot use a tooth brush dipped in white spirits, for the cart use a q-tip dipped in the same. It makes the slot alot more reliable in my experience.

Comment

cleaning it won't make any difference. The Saturn cartridge slot is a load of crap. Of course if you do clean it then the carts will work more often but you'll still get problems with the Saturn not knowing anything is there.

Yakumo

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
            So is there anything I can do about the cartridge slot or do I just have to buy a new Saturn every six months?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
              Thanks for the advice.
              So is there anything I can do about the cartridge slot or do I just have to buy a new Saturn every six months?
              Try cleaning the carts, not the catridge slot, as most cartridges these days are normally dirty as hell when you buy them. My 1MB RAM, just wouldn't work till I cleaned the cartridge, it wasn't a problem with the cart slot.

Just look at the connecters and they should just be strips of gold, dirty cartridges tend to have two long thin black lines over each gold connector.

Just gently rub a cotton bud of them and see how black it becomes.

Comment

Thnaks guys. I did a bit of of cleaning and everything seems to be working fine now. Wonder how long it will last?

Comment

The problem is those third party memory carts for the saturn have a thick pcb connector which stretches out the connector on the saturn side making it really difficult for it to recognise when anything is actually plugged into it. Cleaning might help but it's not going to fix the actual underlying problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X