The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Surprised there is no thread for this! This looks like it is going to be a very interesting movie, take a look at the trailer.......

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

it reminds me of an old story that ran in 2000AD in 83,

In The Reversible Man, a man lives his life backwards, starting with his death (or birth in this case) in the street and ending with his birth as a baby (or death). During the strip he sees his mother come back to life and every year he is demoted in his job.

THe film looks beautiful and I will definately be seeing this at the cinema
    Last edited by captainflimflam; 20-07-2008, 06:08.

Comment

Watched this last night with the misses. What can I say....it was amazing.....truly a great film. I don't want to give much away for those who haven't seen it, but I don't get touched by most films, but this did. Few close moments to welling up! lol no shame in it!

Comment

Yeah saw this too, top film with a stunning performance from Brad Pitt.

Comment

The thing that has stopped me from seeing it so far is the fact that it apparently plays out incredibly similar to Forest Gump, which I hated. There's a funny comparison video floating around somewhere.

Comment

yeah I thought his acting was amazing.

Comment

Bit too similar to Forest Gump, but perhaps just as good. Effects are perfectly done to the point I wasn't even thinking about them being effects, the film is a technical wonder in my opinion.

It's a long film but I was captivated the whole way through and it does get pretty emotional at times!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                The thing that has stopped me from seeing it so far is the fact that it apparently plays out incredibly similar to Forest Gump, which I hated. There's a funny comparison video floating around somewhere.
                I thought that too before watching it but it is different. Forrest Gump is a movie about a normal guy in extraordinary situtations whereas Benjamin Button is about an extraordinary guy is pretty normal situtations and how he deals with them.

It really is a good movie, some great scenes.

Comment

Like Forrest ****ing Gump? Get out of here! BB is a poetic look at love and life, dealing with it from a skewed perspective and showing that love is all about timing in life, and to enjoy it while you can. It deals with the fragile nature of life and the inevitably of death.

I fail to see any similarities with Forrest Gump, which was a Chumps Guide To Modern American History. FG was enjoyable for what it was I suppose, but it had no emotional resonance beyond making American's feel nostalgic. BB is so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                    Like Forrest ****ing Gump? Get out of here! BB is a poetic look at love and life, dealing with it from a skewed perspective and showing that love is all about timing in life, and to enjoy it while you can. It deals with the fragile nature of life and the inevitably of death.

I fail to see any similarities with Forrest Gump, which was a Chumps Guide To Modern American History. FG was enjoyable for what it was I suppose, but it had no emotional resonance beyond making American's feel nostalgic. BB is so much more.
                    completely agree. For me, it showed you

how much you need loved ones to care and love you when you enter this word and when you leave.

Comment

really looking forward to seeing this movie

i dont think brad has ever really done a bad movie

Comment

I loved the

mini-romance he had going with Tilda Swinton's character

, one of my favourite sections of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post

Still sure about that?

Anyway, it was a nice film but I felt it was about an hour too long.

Comment

LOL. Putting it like that, then yes there are a lot of similarities But FG has no emotional resonance and doesn't deal with any of the same issues; in fact does FG deal with any issues??

I'm pretty sure I could put the Darth Vadar boy to man saga to that video comparing it to Forrest Gump

Just goes to show you how instantly forgetting FG is, the fact I didn't pick up on any of those things!

Comment

That video misses all the major details though, I could point them out but would have to spoiler half the post.

Comment

Working...
                              X