• Show
Clear All

MD - Australian Box Variants

So I know that he following exist:

Ren and Stimpy BLACK BOX variant
    Pebble Beach BLACK BOX VARIANT
    Eternal Champions BLACK BOX VARIANT
    Primal Rage DIFFERENT ARTWORK

I heard a rumour a few years back that McDOnalds Treasureland Adventure exists as a black box variant. Anyone seen it? Any others?

Oh and are the SEGA Sports and Platinum and Gold collections in those stupid VHS boxes or the regular OZZIE boxes?

Gary

Bit of both for the cases, some are VHS style some are normal (generally the silver ones).

I started a list of major Oz variations but got fed up:

Platinum
    Aladdin
    Ecco 2: The Tides Of Time
    Eternal Champions
    Lion King (The)
    Mortal Kombat ll
    Sonic And Knuckles
    Sonic 3
    Streetfighter ll: Special Championship Edition

Gold
    Ecco The Dolphin
    Golden Axe 2
    Ottifants (The)
    Ren And Stimpy: Stimpy’s Invention
    Shinobi 3
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Streets Of Rage
    Turbo Outrun
    Wonderboy In Monsterworld
    World Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse And Donald Duck
    Wrestle War

Silver carts
    Art Alive
    Asterix: The Power Of The Gods
    Atomic Runner
    Bloodshot
    Boogerman: A Pick And Flick Adventure
    Bubba ‘N’ Stix
    Bubsy In Claws Encounters Of The Furred Kind
    Cannon Fodder
    Champions World Class Soccer
    Daffy Duck In Hollywood
    Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner And Wile E. Coyote
    Dune II: The Battle For Arrakis
    Jungle Book
    Kawasaki Superbike Challenge
    Light Crusader
    Lion King (The)
    Lost Vikings (The)
    Marko’s Magic Football
    Mega Games 1
    Quackshot
    Samurai Shodown
    Shinobi 3
    Sonic Spinball
    Stargate
    Subterrania
    True Lies
    Warlock
    X-Men 2: Clone Wars

There's loads more, including the VHS case releases (Marsupilami for instance) and the Gift sets

Comment

Then you got things like completely different manuals in some games, eg blue and white manuals as opposed to Full Colour multi language manuals.

I could take a look through my Mega Drive stuff and take a couple of pictures of them if you like, all Australia releases. I just don't have a clue what's different compared to other releases.

Comment

There are some that you wouldnt even think of. I recently found a AUS 'Shadow Of The Beast'. The Box insert seems the same, apart from the addition of a Helpline for cheats number (found on many AUS games) and the Blue n White Manual.

While speaking on the topic of AUS releases... I really need to know the following...

Did the Australian releases of 'Tony LaRussa Baseball' & 'Tony LaRussa Baseball 95' ever have proper megadrive inserts? Or were they just the US/Genesis releases with the G sticker in the lower left corner?
        Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
          There are some that you wouldnt even think of. I recently found a AUS 'Shadow Of The Beast'. The Box insert seems the same, apart from the addition of a Helpline for cheats number (found on many AUS games) and the Blue n White Manual.

While speaking on the topic of AUS releases... I really need to know the following...

Did the Australian releases of 'Tony LaRussa Baseball' & 'Tony LaRussa Baseball 95' ever have proper megadrive inserts? Or were they just the US/Genesis releases with the G sticker in the lower left corner?
          Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
          I thought that was the style it came in. Unless it said "MEGADRIVE" where it says "GENESIS" on US Games.

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
            I thought that was the style it came in. Unless it said "MEGADRIVE" where it says "GENESIS" on US Games.
            Well they have the Gold Sega Seal Logo found on US releases... Which isnt on PAL releases (Bar a few variants)

Here is a pic from an auction to show...

And as you can see in the bottom left corner, the US style seal... But a G Sticker to say its an AUS release...
            So is this avaliable as a true PAL release as apposed to the US Version and a G Sticker?

Comment

Same question applies to MLBPA Baseball too...

Comment

It depends how picky you're being when it come to Aus games - technically every game released there is a variant (aside from imported Euro/US games), since all the Ozisoft ones will have small differences, even if it's just an extra line of credits and an Ozisoft part number. They'll usually have fold-out manuals in English-only too.

Adam - I'm pretty sure those 3 games don't have "proper" PAL versions.

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama View Post
                  It depends how picky you're being when it come to Aus games - technically every game released there is a variant (aside from imported Euro/US games), since all the Ozisoft ones will have small differences, even if it's just an extra line of credits and an Ozisoft part number. They'll usually have fold-out manuals in English-only too.

Adam - I'm pretty sure those 3 games don't have "proper" PAL versions.
                  Cheers James!
                  Ugh, down to 10 or so PAL MD Games to go and those three are the last AUS games i need... Ill do some more hunting and see what i uncover.

On the same note I almost didnt bother picking up Shane Warne Cricket until you had it listed the other week (Thank You!) as its just a repacked Brian Lara Cricket. Both equally as boring as each other!

Comment

Anyone have a complete list of the SEGA Sports releases?

Zag

EDIT: also noticed that the OZ version of Sonic 3D has a blue cover as opposed to just a blue spine

Zag
                    Last edited by garyfoo182; 13-09-2008, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
                      Anyone have a complete list of the SEGA Sports releases?

They're all on Guardiana & VGR.

Comment

So...I know I shouldn't have but I did - two SEGA Sports releases are winging their way to me!

ARGH! Why do I do these things to myself!

Zag

Comment

Working...
                        X