• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken - new Luc besson movie

IMDB.COM

trailer, right click save as

plot
    A former spy (Neeson) relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter (Grace), who has been forced into the slave trade

watched this tonight with my wife and overall i was very impressed with the whole movie, seems its due a UK release 26th September. When i first saw the trailer i new it would be decent, Luc Besson's movies normally are

check it out if you can

Was reading about this a while back and it sounds OK if not exactly original. Wouldn't mind seeing it but would probably wait until it's available to rent.

May be worth noting that Besson is no longer a director although he did manage more films than the 10 that he said he'd stop directing after all those years ago. It's slightly worrying to see that he co-wrote it with Robert Kamen as he's usually bloody awful.

Comment

I've seen this and it's ace. The plot is very silly though still believable (to an extent) but the reason it works is purely because of Neeson. He's a great, very intense actor and you fully believe he will do anything to find his daughter. He kicks all sorts of ass in the film and it can be pretty brutal, just as, if not more so, than say Bourne for a good example. Though I do think Neesons a much better actor than Matt Damon and portrays a hard ass a lot better.

If you like Bessons produced action flicks or if you want to see Neeson lay the smack down on some fools, then it's worth a watch. It's nice to see Neeson doing a role like this as he shows he's perfectly capable of being an action hero. I really can't wait for the UK theatrical release and dvd, I'll certainly be rewatching this again.

Comment

Watched it last night, was kinda cool.

Some very brutal stuff going on, and the main guy was a total bad ass

Comment

Really fancy this, im a sucker for movies set in paris/france (ronin, bourne etc)

Comment

Saw this tonight - surprisingly good. The first 20 minutes or so are really clich? and schmaltzy but once it gets going it gets good. Liam Neeson was actually a proper bad ass in this and the plot was wholly predictable but it was good fun. The fight sequences (like most nowadays) were very reminiscent of the Bourne films and the final action sequence was very satisfying.

Only negatives were

how he managed to kill 30 odd people, use a high ranking government official's identity and shoot said official's wife without any consequences!! Also, I just knew that pipe was going to be loose when he'd been caught.

Also, Liam Neeson really did seem a little bit TOO attached to his daughter if you know what I mean.

Holly Valance (Flick from Neighbours for those of you still living in 2000) makes a cameo as well. You could just tell everyone in the cinema was going "It's Flick from Neighbours!"

Comment

I think Taken sets a new level for just how pissed off someone can be in a movie. Simply awesome.

The 4x4 chase in the construction site was the only bit that really annoyed me, it seemed a little unnesesary. I think it was more the fact that just before it, Neeson miraculously dodged hails of bullets from a handful of bad guys while taking his sweet time to load the girl into the back of the car.

Comment

Watched this tonight and my God that man was relentless! In fact the movie should have been called Relentless! ^ ^

Best action film i've seen for a long time, in fact I think I was blinded by it's pure awesomeness!

Comment

Got the 'extended harder cut' of this to watch later tonight, looking forwards to it massively

Comment

Watched it last night and enjoyed it a lot, a solid 7/10 for the film and 10/10 for ass kicking, worth a watch if you like action movies. An ass kicking extravaganza!

Comment

I can't wait to watch this - the previews caught my attention. Now.. that people have said it's great, I'm very happy.

Comment

Shame its region locked so have to wait for USA for BR version

Comment

Working...
                        X