Ipod or MP3 player advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod or MP3 player advice

I need/want to get get an Ipod type thing. My sister's got an old style Nano and that's quite cool and easy to use. I don't need it to play videos or anything like that.

I've found these refurbs, but I don't know if the site is legit (or if the things are any good anyway) as the little flag in my Firefox says the site is based in Singapore.

Shop online at creative.com for Wireless speakers, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, Gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over £79.00

Is that site OK? Or does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Goldenballs; 22-08-2008, 22:55. Reason: fixed link.

Well, it's Creative's official site, so I'd say you're in the clear. The Zen is a great product.

Comment

I've been using a Creative Zen 4GB since June & I've been very happy with it. And they're available on Amazon at the moment for £54.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider View Post
        I've been using a Creative Zen 4GB since June & I've been very happy with it. And they're available on Amazon at the moment for ?54.
        Thanks for that mate. Are they easy and simple to use, as that was what I liked about the Nano?

Comment

Yep, very easy. Shove the Creative CD in the PC to load the software, connect the Zen to the PC & away you go. I mainly use mine for gaming podcasts, although I've got a few music cds on there as well & it's very good. I haven't used the FM radio much, but it works fine & I've yet to move any video shows onto it, although the pre-loaded 'stuff' was very clear & easy to watch. And I also bought a hard plastic case for it when I'm out & about with it as I don't want to scratch the screen.

Comment

Get an iPod Touch. It's the ****.

Comment

If you liked the nano, check out apple uk online refurb site.

Comment

Another vote for Zens here.

Comment

You can't beat Apple iPod's for the ease of use and for syncing songs straight to iPod, it's the easiest thing ever. I tried a new Zen out and I couldn't get on with it, just can't fault an iPod.

Comment

OK thanks for the advice guys. The choices are:

Ipod Nano refurb 4GB - ?65

Creative Zen 4GB - ?54.49

Or the wildcard which I stumbled across,

Philips SA3124 2GB - ?24.99

I'm sort of leaning towards the Zen, although some of the reviews on Amazon say it crashes a lot and needs to be reset with a safety pin?!

Comment

Ah yes that's another thing, I haven't actually been able to use my Zen properly. Constant crashes and not even resetting it with a pin works. I have had 0 problems with my iPod so I can safely recommend the Nano refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenballs View Post

I'm sort of leaning towards the Zen, although some of the reviews on Amazon say it crashes a lot and needs to be reset with a safety pin?!
                        Ooh, didn't know about that. *touches wood* I bought mine from my local Currys, so if it does go wrong it's only a 5 minute journey down the road.

Comment

I've had my Zen V+ for 20+ months and I've had to reset it like that twice.
                          I've been really tempted to get a 32GB Creative X-Fi (which is basically a Zen with wifi) but I'll probably save my money. My Zen V is more than enough.

For me Creative Zen(series)>>>iPod

Comment

I went for an Ipod Nano in the end.

Does anybody use any sites to download music other than iTunes? Is this site legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenballs View Post
                              I went for an Ipod Nano in the end.

Does anybody use any sites to download music other than iTunes? Is this site legal?

http://www.mp3va.com/
                              I'm 99.9% sure that if you're paying for the music then it's perfectly legal.

Comment

Working...
                              X