Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pier Solar (New Megadrive RPG)

http://piersolar.co.uk/

I'm sure you've all by now heard, seen or played the Beta of Pier Solar.
    However I wanted to open a discussion here about it, its seems everywhere else has something bad to say about the game (Usually people more interested in modern gaming).

As ive said in other places, the guys behind this have done a fantastic job considering that they wont have the actual dev hardware, the proper coding guides and are all doing this while keeping up a living.
    Its easy to say the graphics arent as good as Gunstar Heroes (etc) and the RPG Gameplay is no Final Fantasy, however I dont see many others taking up their own time to bring a new unique game to a retro console.

Some have argued that its a waste of time coding for a dead machine, however id argue quite the opposite. In my eyes, this is some fantastic development and a step forward from Beggar Prince.

After playing the Beta, im quite impressed. Its a great use of the hardware and a nice game to play. Id say its only really going to appeal to die hard RPG gamers who love Retro.

I just wanted to hear the views from the NTSC-UK crowd and maybe inform the others on here who havent yet heard of it.
    Ive preordered the Posterity Pack and im looking forward to it arriving later this year/early next year.

I'm all for new games for old consoles, but I'd prefer to see something more modern, that looks like it shouldn't be on the megadrive because it would be a lot freakier. On another note, I'd kill to see FFVII on an N64 cartridge.

Comment

Excellent stuff.

I'll get on with making sure I snap up one of these.

As long as it has a good story + soundtrack we're sorted.

Comment

I'm struggling to fathom the "posterity" edition of the game.

When it says that "engraving consist of a few words that will be printed into the manual, game credits and much more" - does that mean in YOUR own copy of the game, or EVERY copy made?

Comment

From one of the FAQs I got the impression it would be in everyones as one of the guys was saying that it was limited to 500 so the manual wasn't stupidly thick! Would also be kinda silly I guess if it was only in your copy.

Comment

you know what sucks?

the official site. as far as i can tell there isn't an option to switch that !$%"? music off.

might buy it though...as i couldn't hang around on their site for too long (and i don't think its mentioned here but i could be wrong) - will this work on a PAL megadrive?

Comment

As far as I know the cart is multi-region and will play on any Mega Drive. I expect it's in their FAQS/on their forums so check there.

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
                As far as I know the cart is multi-region and will play on any Mega Drive. I expect it's in their FAQS/on their forums so check there.
                When you go thru the payment section, it asks what region you'd like.
                Theyre doing separate boxes for each region (E, U & J)

I picked E, and i sure as hell hope they do the Blue Box style release. Beggar Prince is nice in the black gird style, but i much prefer the later releases in blue!

And yeah, i think it will be in every manual. It would be a real pain to print off 500 individual custom manuals.
                The names supposedly will be included in the credits and possibly some of the NPCs. This is what made me go for Posterity, i couldnt turn down the chance to have my name in a MD game (even if it is just the credits...)
                I know im sad, but i cant help it!

Comment

I ordered it aswell

Comment

Whats the clamshell box gona look like?

Comment

Anyone know where the game is being posted from? They don't seem to mention it anywhere which seems a bit silly considering people could get stung with import tax depending on where its coming from...

Comment

Originally posted by paperghost View Post
                        Anyone know where the game is being posted from? They don't seem to mention it anywhere which seems a bit silly considering people could get stung with import tax depending on where its coming from...
                        Well if im not mistaken, one of the guys behind this is Fonzie. The creator of the MegaCart.
                        When i ordered my MegaCart, it came thru Tototek in Hong Kong. No shipping tax or anything which was a plus!

Comment

Looks a bit gash. Good effort but might as well play a fully fledged game that youve missed before.

Comment

So lemme get this straight.. It costs 35 cents to buy? And you get both the MD and MCD version?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                              So lemme get this straight.. It costs 35 cents to buy? And you get both the MD and MCD version?
                              Its 35 dollars

Comment

Working...
                              X