Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky kid

Anyone else like this game?

I first discovered it in an arcade in 1986, and loved it. Then didn't play it again until 2001, when I got the Namco Museum on PS. Now I've got the Gameboy and Famicom version too.

Never got past the 6th mission in it.

I got hold of the Famicom version a couple of months ago ... but it's soooooo hard!! How did you manage to get to the sixth mission??

Comment

I quit and start again if I miss the target on the first two missions, to make sure I get the extra life nice and early. I don't succeed in destroying the targets in every mission by any means, but you don't need to to proceed. I find the hardest thing is avoiding getting shot down by the target itself (I tend to fly low until the last possible mission).

Later missions seem to have several targets in them.

I wish there was more than one bomb available per target. It's so frustrating to lose the bomb after some other plane kamikazes you and then have nothing to do but survive the mission.

I am mostly playing the Wii download now.

Comment

i am parting with the arcade board this weekend, sad times - such a simple yet great game. A real classic IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DCharlie View Post
          i am parting with the arcade board this weekend, sad times - such a simple yet great game. A real classic IMO.
          Wow. Wish I had one

Comment

Agreed. Top game, and maddenly addictive.

Comment

Working...
            X