Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient BBC title - think it was called Space

Anyone know this game?

About 27 years ago, on the BBC computer. You had to fight your way through a space craft, room by room, by shooting the robots in each room. You had a phaser and a blaster - the latter being more powerful but running out more quickly. There were weapon and presumably health boost packs scattered around.

It must have been one of the earliest games to use health bars.

I'd love to find it again. Please post if you have any idea what I'm talking about.

Side scrolling?

Comment

Can't remember exactly but think one room took the whole screen, with doors to others like Adventure or Zelda. So no, not scrolling.

Comment

Something along the lines on Xenophobe?

Doubt its this game tho dunno if it were on a BBC format.

Comment

The concept looks similar but Space is way more dated than that. Empty rooms and tiny sprites that make the Robotron graphics look like Uncharted.

LOL - I'm making it sound rubbish

Comment

So more like Berzerk?

Comment

I think I know the game you mean, you had to work your way to the next lift to get to the next part of the spaceship I think. IIRC graphics were fairly similar to bezerk but just in white on a black background. Is this the one you are thinking of?

Edit: Well... Been on google and have found a PC remake of the one that I was thinking of (called Space Adventure)! http://sources.ru/pascal/games/spadv.htm You will need to press shift-f7 a lot of times to slow it down to a playable level though!
              Last edited by davesol; 28-10-2008, 17:56. Reason: Done some googling

Comment

I had a google after you posted that, davesol. Why do GameSpot have so many empty/redundant web pages about obscure games? All they've got is "Space Adventure" and nowt info!

Comment

Originally posted by davesol View Post
                  I think I know the game you mean, you had to work your way to the next lift to get to the next part of the spaceship I think. IIRC graphics were fairly similar to bezerk but just in white on a black background. Is this the one you are thinking of?

Edit: Well... Been on google and have found a PC remake of the one that I was thinking of (called Space Adventure)! http://sources.ru/pascal/games/spadv.htm You will need to press shift-f7 a lot of times to slow it down to a playable level though!

That's it. Thanks, and well done. I had given up!

Comment

Working...
                  X