Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Dreamcast divers2000,Best/correct stepdown to buy .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Dreamcast divers2000,Best/correct stepdown to buy .

Yesterday ,i took delivery of a brand new Dreamcast divers 2000,that i won from japan-games,on ebay .

And i can't play it ,yet,as i need to get a step down for it,but i'd like some help with finding what is the correct one for this dreamcast,as on the back of the tv,it says it needs a 100 volt supply,92 watts(the manual has the tv as 60 watts and the built in dreamcast as 32 watts) at 50/60 hz.

I've used 110 volt step downs on an imported mega drive and cdx before without problem,but as this is a t.v ,i came across this quote "Be careful with TVs. They often give a low wattage in the instructions and when the TV is running this wattage will be correct, but when TVs turn on they surge and this surge can be many times the running wattage. We recommend a converter of at least 500 Watts for use with TVs.".

So now i'm more concerned i might damage this beautiful system,and even more lost with where to find the correct step down power supply,can i use a 230 to 110 volt usa step down,or must it be precisely 100 volt ,what's the 50/60 hz

This thread might be some use

Comment

Pics please.

Comment

A really odd piece of gaming goodness this machine what sort of price is it, I tried being nosy on ebay but got no results, the new search feature is awful!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          Perfect,thanks!

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Pics please.
          Have to borrow a camera first buddy ,then i'll post them on the relevent thread .

Originally posted by angelx View Post
          A really odd piece of gaming goodness this machine what sort of price is it, I tried being nosy on ebay but got no results, the new search feature is awful!

About $600 with p+p ,and it only took three days to get to me,with no royal mail, vat or duty paid to nu labour.

Now that was a surprise.
          Last edited by dosucol; 23-09-2008, 15:28. Reason: adding reply.

Comment

Wow that seller has the psx there too, cool beans. You are lucky on the vat, ome members have mentioned letters weeks after the delivery asking for it so be aware.

Comment

Wow that seller has the psx there too, cool beans. You are lucky on the vat, ome members have mentioned letters weeks after the delivery asking for it so be aware.
              Return to sender ? shh

Comment

I've always wanted one of these, dagnammit, but I can't drop that much on it.

Comment

Yes I've often ogled it on eBay myself, it's a nice bit of kit . Looks like you need a step-down with at least 150w output. Maplin seem the best option, don't go for that Chinese made crap you find on eBay

Comment

I had that once after buying a camera lens from Honk Kong. The thing was, the letter was sent by the courier company, not HMRC, so I figured it was their mistake as VAT should have been paid on delivery. I ignored the letter and never heard from them again - I can only guess that the couriers footed the bill for their own mistake. Or maybe they 'lost' the paperwork!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I had that once after buying a camera lens from Honk Kong. The thing was, the letter was sent by the courier company, not HMRC, so I figured it was their mistake as VAT should have been paid on delivery. I ignored the letter and never heard from them again - I can only guess that the couriers footed the bill for their own mistake. Or maybe they 'lost' the paperwork!
                      Here's hoping they do,but i remember getting one of those playpal mega drive handhelds,from play asia,cost about £18,and royal mail wanted their £8 "handling charge" before i could get it,and they still didn't deliver it,i had to go down the depot to pick it up,blighters.

Originally posted by Oldgamingfart View Post
                      Yes I've often ogled it on eBay myself, it's a nice bit of kit . Looks like you need a step-down with at least 150w output. Maplin seem the best option, don't go for that Chinese made crap you find on eBay
                      Well i've now bought the right step down,
                      UK Manufacturer, retailer & wholesaler of toroidal transformer products including voltage converters, boating transformers & conditioning balance supply

as i spoke to the guy on the above dreamcast website,to see how his Divers has been running, with the 100v 300watt/va step down transformer he bought,and everything is ok.

I'm glad,as i didn't want to chance this machine with one of those 110v ones,no matter what .

Oh man,i just remembered,it doesn't have a blu-ray player built in,send it back
                      Last edited by dosucol; 23-09-2008, 20:19.

Comment

Nono! I'll take it

Comment

Working...
                        X