The Simpsons :Channel 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Simpsons :Channel 4

Now maybe it's my imagination, but would I be right in saying that Channel 4 appear to only have roughly 10 episodes of The Simpsons ?? Which they repeat over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ad infinitum.....

Why !!???

/Explodes.

I think they have to share the rights with Sky, and both channels can't have the same episodes in rotation at the same time.

Comment

The same could be said about family guy on BBC Three.

Comment

Also they make terrible cuts.

Comment

I don't watch The Simpsons anymore. I cringed when Channel 4 made such a pathetic fanfare over 'getting' The Simpsons (when I knew it'd just be episodes I'd seen before). South Park had been killing it for ages, once it got past the initial establishing phase, and Family Guy just stabbed it in the heart, two times.

Gosh, does anyone really watch The Simpsons anymore? Homer makes me choke on sick nowadays, he's so "supposed to be funny". Blah, bah!

Comment

Personally, I think even the worst Simpsons are better than a lot of Family Guy. Although the worst Simpsons are pretty bad, I'll give you that.

Comment

Simpson's hasn't been good since about series 9 or 10, a good 10 years ago I think! It's quite baffling, some of my friends really enjoy new Simpsons, it's like they're completely unable to see how it's changed into a completely different programme with a completely different brand of so-called humour. I dislike Family Guy for pretty much the same reason I dislike new Simpsons - they love that too!

Mind you, Simpsons when it was good was fantastic, and I can still sit down and rewatch and old episode on TV. I'm really impressed with how South Park has managed to retain it's brand of humour over 10 years and even improve on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                I don't watch The Simpsons anymore. I cringed when Channel 4 made such a pathetic fanfare over 'getting' The Simpsons (when I knew it'd just be episodes I'd seen before). South Park had been killing it for ages, once it got past the initial establishing phase, and Family Guy just stabbed it in the heart, two times.

Gosh, does anyone really watch The Simpsons anymore? Homer makes me choke on sick nowadays, he's so "supposed to be funny". Blah, bah!
                Completely agree. Having watched Family Guy and South Park over the years, the humour appeals far more to me. When the SImpsons is on, I find myself rarely laughing.
                And the topic originator is right, they just rotate the same set of episodes.

Comment

What kind of stuff do C4 hack out of The Simpsons to make it suitable for tea-time?

Comment

The Simpsons is just poor now, the jokes and the targets of the jokes are predictable and lack any of the real edginess The Simpsons had up until Season 10.

The movie just showcased how tired it had become. Why should we care that marge leaves homer? She's done it countless times in the series. The only slightly funny thing was Spider Pig but that was shoved down our throats for months on end before release. In the cinemas you can always tell a tired just but you get a light "this is no longer funny but I know I should be laughing so I will" laughs.

South Park is funnier and edgier. Family Guy is occasionally funny but it's too random and plotless. They should pay attention to Blue Harvest (which was funny) and realise that it's funnier if the jokes are kept mostly relevant.

King of the Hill is probably the most consistantly entertaining animation for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                      What kind of stuff do C4 hack out of The Simpsons to make it suitable for tea-time?
                      On an episode with a meteor shower, the whole town is watching and the camera pans pas Otto, his line is "I don't need drugs to enjoi this - just enhance it". But channel 4 cut it "I don't need drugs to enjoi this".

Thats the only one I can remember right now, but its happened several times.

Comment

Sky One edited a scene in the second 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' episode, where Sideshow Mel and Krusty storm into the police station and say something like "Officer, you've arrested an innocent man!, and Wiggum replies with something like "Oh geez, again? All right (whatshisname), you're free to go". Sky One removed Wiggum's response, which was basically a pisstake about police arresting the wrong people, and using Wiggums obvious stupidity to ridicule it. It's one of the funnier Wiggum bits and I miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          Simpson's hasn't been good since about series 9 or 10, a good 10 years ago I think!
                          Totally agreed mate. I bought Season 8 a couple of weeks ago and it is pure gold. I really wish that they had let the show go out on a high rather than tarnishing its reputation with the drivel that they have produced over the last decade (film included in this).

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            Sky One edited a scene in the second 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' episode, where Sideshow Mel and Krusty storm into the police station and say something like "Officer, you've arrested an innocent man!, and Wiggum replies with something like "Oh geez, again? All right (whatshisname), you're free to go". Sky One removed Wiggum's response, which was basically a pisstake about police arresting the wrong people, and using Wiggums obvious stupidity to ridicule it. It's one of the funnier Wiggum bits and I miss it.
                            Sky One removed everything they could, even the word "crap".

When I found out what they were doing, I actually started getting episodes from alternative sources instead of watching it there.

Comment

I hate the new simpsons. Its not been good for the past 10 years i agree. I think its just crawled up its own arse now.
                              Any good writer knows that you should right for yourself and forget the audience, and i think thats where simpsons has gone wrong. The writers are not writing stuff they find funny, its stuff they think we will find funny...and its just not.

Comment

Working...
                              X