Dreamcast FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast FTW

Don't know if this has already been posted (a quick search suggests not) but just noticed on play-asia that two new unofficial games for the Dreamcast will be out soon. \o/

Developed by HUCAST under the NG: DEV.TEAM of Last Hope fame, DUX is a 2D shooter that combines strategic gameplay with exhilarating shooting not completely unlike its predecessor.
    Originally designed for GP2X, this famous independent puzzle game has crossed borders and reached Sega's Dreamcast. Wind and Water does not only provide brain twisters, but comedic plot twists as well.

I've seen videos of Dux from ages ago. I think it looks awful tbh, the only thing remarkable about it is that it's being released on Dreamcast. It would sink without a trace on any other format. Desgin wise it looks like it was made on one of those primitive level editor programs from the saturn game Dezaemon.
    Last edited by moonwhistle; 20-10-2008, 17:11.

Comment

Yeah DUX looks pretty dire, Wind and Water on the other hand looks quite nice. Would be interested to hear what people who have played the GP2X version think of it.

Comment

I saw a video of this - and their weren't any frames of animation on the sprites.

To my eyes, that looks very weak. It looks like it's a 'flash' game.

Maybe it will turn out ok? ... I don't know. Definitely not a game that's getting me excited.

I hope some new good Dreamcast games do appear.

Comment

The official Dux website/blog is updated pretty regularly

This website is for sale! hucast.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hucast.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Has anyone played Wind & Water on the GP2X ? must admit I've never heard of it before.

Comment

I saw a couple of vids of it and it doesn't look too bad, maybe a little basic/spartan, but it certainly looks playable enough, though it would be more suited as a budget release, or as part of a pack. It looks kind of reminiscent of the Steel Dragon update.

Worst prob for me is the 'top-down' nature of the main ship. I hate it when horizontal shooters have ships like that. I don't mind the baddies being that way, but ffs...

Comment

I have a special preview version of Wind & Water Battles on a Redspot Games disc (the publishers) and I can tell you that it is a very adictive puzzle game with loads of little ectras inthere. Well worth picking up.

Yakumo

Comment

Bum. I preordered Dux ages ago direct and decided not to get WWB. Looks like I got it the wrong way around.

Comment

I ordered DUX too. Hey-ho. Still a great console.

Comment

I highly recommend Wind and Water if your are a fan of Tetris, Puzzle Bobble and/or Puyo Puyo. Really is a fantastic little game!
                    There is some nice humour to the game and a lovely mini story too.
                    (On that note, there is part of the story with jumbled graphics... Dont worry as its intentional and makes sense later... Had me worried at first!)

Also be sure to pay the guys a little extra for a custom sprite. The guys are very hard workers and deserve it!
                    The sprite really gives a nice touch to the game and very well done. One picture of yourself sent over and a few days later youre pixelized!
                    And on that note, here is a W&W Cauterize:

Comment

Bit of a bump for this thread as I've just realised that Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles is available to buy now & was wondering where people have bought it from. PA or the official site?

EDIT

And will I be ok using a PAL DC & CDX disc? Cheers.

Comment

It's region free. Will work fine in your pal DC as is.

If you use PA, please use our PA banners to get there

Comment

Cheers. Will do.

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but I thought people might be interested to know that play-asia have Dux Limited Edition up for pre-order, comes with the game and ost and I think different packaging.

It says its going to be limited to a print run of 500 so if its anything like the Last Hope L.E it might be worth a few bob after it sells out. I'm sure I read somewhere that they weren't going to do this but I suppose it generates interest.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              It's region free. Will work fine in your pal DC as is.
                              Apparently looking on playasia only if your console is manufactured before October 2000

Comment

Working...
                              X