Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very cheap GBA SP and which GBA SP is the best colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cheap GBA SP and which GBA SP is the best colour?

Can I have some people's opinion's on which is the best colour GBA SP as I'm still quite undecided with which coloured GBA SP I'm gonna get.

I have heard that the Silver SP colours seem to peel/flake off easily which has kinda put me off so I was gonna go for the black one.

Also for some reason the blue SP is massively popular and I can't get that coloured SP anymore... Does the blue SP really look that nice?

P.S. I got my pre-ordered GBA SP for half price at Game!
    They have got a mad offer where you can trade in any three next generation console game and you can get the GBA SP for half price!

I bought three cheap ?5 PS2 games from my CEX shop and I'll be saving at least ?30!

Please note, not all Game stores are doing this offer.
    You'll need to ask and find out if they are doing this offer...

i am about to go buy one today so if the silver stuff does peel off could someone lemme know b4 12.00 today

much appreciated !

Comment

Ive not noticed anything peeling of mine so far, although I've not exactly been playing it to death. The only thing I heard about the silver one is that its more prone to scratches (or at least they are more visible).

Its really down to how your gonna use it, if you are gonna be able to keep it nice then go for the silver, if its gonna be in your pocket alot then maybe go for black.

Comment

Phil, the way you treat things [like my DC Arcade stick] suggests you ought to get the black one. I personally prefer the purpley one though, to match my cube

How much can I get three crappy PAL PS2 games for then?

Comment

Does no one do a nice leather pouch for it?

Would seem like the easiest way to keep it scratch free...

If they haven't it's slack if you ask me, i mean they can make those crazy assed space feet things but no pouch? wtf.

I'd go for the silver, looks slick.

Cheap PS2 games ---------> EBAY

Comment

If i have this right you live in leeds so which store are you getting it from Phillai?
            Also you have any more ?5 games at your cex store .

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
              Does no one do a nice leather pouch for it?
              Not yet, no, but there's a Case Logic pouch which fits the SP and a few odds and sods perfectly. I've been pimping this whenever someone mentions an SP pouch - Recommended.

On the 'what colour?' side of things, I've got the black model and haven't had any issues with scratching. That said, there is a slight metallic finish to it, which has left me thinking that even the black model has a paint job. Mine is treated like a Ming vase at the moment anyway though, so it's not a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wicky
                i am about to go buy one today so if the silver stuff does peel off could someone lemme know b4 12.00 today

much appreciated !
                I don't have one myself, but there were some people in the Edge forums who were not happy with the silver SP. Apparently the paint is not very good quality and is easily scratched off. I think I'll get a black one, even though I like the silver more.

Comment

I've had a silver for several weeks now and I've been playing a lot of Zelda but no signs of wear for me. Granted I do handle it carefully and I always keep it in the plastic bag (that came with it) when I'm not playing.

Comment

I had a preorder for a silver one but after seeing it in the flesh at my local indie it looked a bit tacky so I changed to the blue/purple one.

It's a shame they're not releasing the pearl white one that was in the Japanese Final Fantasy pack. It's lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedeer
                      If i have this right you live in leeds so which store are you getting it from Phillai?
                      Also you have any more ?5 games at your cex store .
                      If you come in and ask for me I'll try and find some cheap ?5 PS2 game for ya...

The Game store that is doing the special GBA SP deal is the Game store nearest to CEX!

Comment

Lik sang have a whole heap of SP 3rd party products now and I remember seeing a few different leather pouches that were fairly cheap.

I was gonna get a silver one but after reading this I think I will go for black...

Comment

Working...
                        X