World Exclusive Dreamcast game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Exclusive Dreamcast game

I thought this may be of interest to may people here. Over at my site - www.segagagadomain.com I've got some world exclusive footage direct from a person involved with the project of an unreleased and unannounced Dreamcast game. The Game in NFL Blitz '99! The first one to actually get released on the Dreamcast was Blitz 2000. Nobody even knew that Blitz '99 was running on a Dreamcast at any point in time apart from those involved.

Head on over to my site to learn more about this release and see it in action!

There's also new footage of Saturn's Fighting Force playable version.

Yakumo

That's cool, man.

Would it be possible to obtain any footage of Saturn VF3?

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
      That's cool, man.

Would it be possible to obtain any footage of Saturn VF3?
      pretty unlikely to be honest.

Yakumo

Comment

I see.

I heard that it was shown to journalists behind closed doors, and that it was close to completion. I guess we'll never know the full story on that one

Comment

I always thought that Sega started work on VF3 for the Saturn, but the Saturn wasn’t capable of adequately replicating the Arcade version so it was shifted to the Dreamcast. It was supposed to be a DC launch title too, but that never happened either.

I didn’t think the Saturn version was even near completion? This is from memory though, and I have had several beers since then…

AndyB

Comment

^Not quite true! I don't know the ins-and-outs of the story, but basically the game was developed for the Saturn by AM2 (inc. Yu Suzuki), but it got rejected. So AM2 went back again made the game even better. Ultimately, the game was still rejected in favour of Genki's Dreamcast port, which had nothing to do with AM2, and was a Dreamcast launch title.

It would obviously have been more sensible for AM2 to have just worked on a Dreamcast port themselves, but I think everyone's curious to see what AM2 squeezed out of the Saturn with their VF3 port, especially given we've seen what they pulled off with Saturn Shenmue.

Comment

Nice vid Yakumo, thats pretty cool how they've got it running on Dreamcast without much modification to the code. While were on the subject of unreleased Dreamcast stuff do you know if theres a playable version of Geist Force out there. Only ever seen a promo vid of that, would love to see some gameplay footage one day.

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              ^Not quite true! I don't know the ins-and-outs of the story, but basically the game was developed for the Saturn by AM2 (inc. Yu Suzuki), but it got rejected. So AM2 went back again made the game even better. Ultimately, the game was still rejected in favour of Genki's Dreamcast port, which had nothing to do with AM2, and was a Dreamcast launch title.

It would obviously have been more sensible for AM2 to have just worked on a Dreamcast port themselves, but I think everyone's curious to see what AM2 squeezed out of the Saturn with their VF3 port, especially given we've seen what they pulled off with Saturn Shenmue.
              I think one of the engines used in the two versions by AM2 ended up being used in Digital Dance Mix Vol 1.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                I always thought that Sega started work on VF3 for the Saturn, but the Saturn wasn?t capable of adequately replicating the Arcade version so it was shifted to the Dreamcast. It was supposed to be a DC launch title too, but that never happened either.
                Ehh...VF3 IS a Dreamcast launch title,nope?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                  Yes, this is true. There were two versions of Saturn VF3. Both used the add on cart that would boost the Saturn's polygon pushing power. What to I can't remember now. There was an AOI tech demo shown behind closed doors at one of the game shows that featured AOI dancing on a plain blue background. It was said that the model looked very impressive. This is probably what became Namie Amuro Digital Dance Mix.

Originally posted by Pharfetchd
                  While were on the subject of unreleased Dreamcast stuff do you know if theres a playable version of Geist Force out there.
                  Yes there is. In fact the game was finished or pretty much close to. The guy I got the NFL Blitz '99 info and videos from said that he has access to it. So you never know, some time in the future we could be getting another Segagaga Domain world exclusive I'm sure the guy would love to take the credit for releasing this stuff to the public however it certainly wouldn't do his careerer much good if the powers that be find out who leaked the footage.

Yakumo

Comment

I want DC Scud Race. NOW!

Comment

There are people that have Geist Force as it was close to completion before Bernie Stollar canned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                        I want DC Scud Race. NOW!
                        It was only a rolling demo, not playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
                          There are people that have Geist Force as it was close to completion before Bernie Stollar canned it.
                          Bernie Stollar was the biggest prick that Sega ever employed. The amount of F*ing dumb F*ck decisions he made was unbelievable.

Yakumo

Comment

I guess there's no point YouTubing Saturn VF3 then

Comment

nope because anything you will find will be fake.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X