Ipod touch questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod touch questions...

Basically i wanna get an ipod touch for games'n music - was thinking of getting one from Hong Kong, question is, what is the process of buying/dl the games?

Does the ipod touch need to be region specific as i only got a credit card registered in the UK.

Otherwise should i jsut buy it from here?

cheers.

No region locks on the iPod touch. Unless it is a lot cheaper from hong kong you may as well buy it here.

Comment

Unless you're worried about having a built in speaker and volume buttons on the side I'd go for the now cheap as chips first generation one from Argos, 16GB model for 148.97.

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

Comment

Cheers for that!

OK, another question, regarding getting online via wi-fi, how do i go about it as i have a wired connection only - is it possible to hook it up to the PS3 and surf as like on a PSP?

Otherwise is there any other alternative like using wifi dongles etc?

thx!

Comment

Do you have a Mac or a PC? I don't know about PCs but my touch can share my iMac's connection via the inbuilt Air port and enabling internet sharing.

Comment

nice one cheers.

Another question, can one download the games that can be played on the safari browser offline? (ipod games that are on the web but not through iTunes store).

Comment

I almost have the spare funds to splash out on an 8GB model. I'm looking to use one mainly for music and music making/messing apps. Is it worth me going with 8GB or will I one day kick myself saying how I should've went 16GB?

Silly question really, but I just need some feedback from friendly forum dwellers

Comment

Hoolak, if you have another ipod, like a 60gb/80gb/120gb for music already, I'd say just get the 8gb. But if this will be your ONLY ipod, then go for the 16gb - or one day, yourself will kick you!

Comment

Cool. Just purchased a 16GB 2G model.

I can't wait to download technoBox for it!

Comment

Anyone got any recommendations for a case/skin for my new 2nd gen Touch?

Comment

I've tried a few different ones and not been overly happy with any of them to be honest and have gone back to sticking the Touch in a (ipod) Sock.

The screen is very scratch resisitant, shame the same can't be said for the metal back, scratches as soon as you look at it.

Comment

Argos have a leather case cheap atm

1st gen touch though so im guessing no hole for the volume control but at 4 quid its a bargain! :P

Comment

Cheap as chips yes, looks a bit bulky though with the square corners etc. HMV sell quite a few cases, but most are quite pricey.

Saw this earlier and had a chuckle
                          Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more.

Comment

How about this bad boy - https://www.miniot.com/miniot/indextouch.php it's the Atari 2600 skin!

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              Cool. Just purchased a 16GB 2G model.

I can't wait to download technoBox for it!
                              I have the iPod Touch and really can see myself getting this app. It's like a portable Orbital in your pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X