Puzzle games - SNES/MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puzzle games - SNES/MD

I've managed to get myself addicted to Magical Drop. Aside from Puyo Puyo and Puzzle Bobble, does anyone have any suggestions as to other decent puzzle games on the snes or megadrive?

Tetris Butoh Gaiden is fantastic.

Comment

The Super Scope 6 ones are actually pretty good if you spend time on them.

Comment

On the snes theres sutte hakkun & hebereke no popoon, sutte hakkun in particular is very good. Unusual, fun & unique puzzles are pretty hard later on too. however not that easy to get hold of but a bit of searching should turn up a copy.

Sutte hakkun

Hebereke no popoon

Comment

Panel De Pon.

The uk version has a different name:

Comment

Mario no Super Picross (SFC) is lethally addictive. Not a falling-block puzzle game though, but an actual puzzle puzzle game.

It's actually made me scared to try out other picross games since I know they'll prevent me from doing anything useful until I complete them.

Sutte Hakkun looks nice. It looks a bit similar to Mario & Wario (SFC as well), which is also a good game. It plays sort of like a one-man version of Lemmings. Not that tricky though (even if it gets harder towards the end) and not much replay value. Also, it requires a mouse.

Comment

SameGame on SFC - never really managed to get the hang of it though...

There is also the Bandai add on - brilliant little thing with quite a few puzzlers.

Comment

Wario woods snes

Wrecking crew 98

Raccoon Rascal

super soukban

Power soukban
                Last edited by S_rank; 27-11-2008, 09:39.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't heard off or played most of the above so that gives me loads to work with.

Anyone know what that game is were you control a girl with a sort of yoyo type thing you use to swing about? It was more of a puzzler than an action game. It was on one of the earlier retro core episodes, but I forget which one. Pretty sure it was for the SFC only...

Comment

Forgot to mention Tetris and Bombliss on SFC. And of course Super Pang - one of my all time fave SFC games - played for hours and hours.

Sufami was the Bandai add on thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                      And of course Super Pang - one of my all time fave SFC games - played for hours and hours.
                      I've got to take a little issue with this suggestion. Super Pang is also one of my all-time faves but I can't help but feel a little disappointed whenever I play the SNES/SFC version - re-arranged music and the absence of the coin-op's simultaneous 2P mode somewhat dampens the experience for me, personally. I would advise that you play the original on MAME or find it elsewhere (On compilations like Capcom Puzzle World or Buster Bros. Collection, for example).

All that said, I suppose that you could do a lot worse on the SNES/SFC...

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                        Anyone know what that game is were you control a girl with a sort of yoyo type thing you use to swing about? It was more of a puzzler than an action game. It was on one of the earlier retro core episodes, but I forget which one. Pretty sure it was for the SFC only...
                        Umihara Kawase? There's the SFC original and two PS1 games. Plus a recent (broken, from what I've heard) PSP game.

Comment

Yes, that's the one!

Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            I've got to take a little issue with this suggestion. Super Pang is also one of my all-time faves but I can't help but feel a little disappointed whenever I play the SNES/SFC version - re-arranged music and the absence of the coin-op's simultaneous 2P mode somewhat dampens the experience for me, personally. I would advise that you play the original on MAME or find it elsewhere (On compilations like Capcom Puzzle World or Buster Bros. Collection, for example).

All that said, I suppose that you could do a lot worse on the SNES/SFC...
                            No, that's fair enough - still remember SuperPlay regretting the lack of a 2P mode.

Comment

For the Mega Drive you must get MEGA PANEL by namco. It's a fantastic and very addictive columns type puzzle game only far superior IMO. For the Super Faimcom you need to get (as others have mentioned) Rascal, Hebereki No Popun, Tetris and Bomblis (the best SFC Tetris game) and cacoma Knights although that last one isn't really a puzzle game in the traditional sense. It's more like Volfield by Taito.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X