Saturn TATE games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn TATE games

Hi. I've been trying to find a list of which Saturn games have TATE mode but haven't found one.

I've always played my Dreamcast shooters on a CRT through VGA and turned it on its side but recently picked up Gigawing and Mars Matrix only to find out they have no TATE modes and I haven't enjoyed them. I don't know if its the games or if somethings just wrong about having a vertical shooter with a horizontal screen, its too wide and you can't see whats coming up ahead. Anyway, the thought occurred to me last night that I could simply turn my 32" LCD TV around and rest it against the wall. It looks a bit crazy but works a treat, although I think I would prefer a smaller screen size! Anyway, I plugged my Saturn in and enjoyed Donpachi and Layer Section. I had hardly ever played Layer Section as I didn't like the horizontal mode and Yakumo always says on RetroCore about how much better it is in tate. Donpachi I've enjoyed before because you can set the screen options pretty good on it anyway.

So, with the conclusion that I like my shooters vertical and in tate mode, I want to be sure that any future purchases can be played that way. Also, any good cheap recommendations?

Comment

Well, my DELL monitor has the ability to rotate, but only one way. So far, only Psyvar or however you spell it and maybe Under Defeat have managed to work on it. It only has VGA and DVI as well, so I can't even plug my saturn in

Comment

Working...
      X