Rock 'n Rage (Konami arcade game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock 'n Rage (Konami arcade game)

Anyone here remember Konami's Rock 'n Rage?

I't s bit like the Gauntlet or the "Zombies" game on the SNES, an excellent 8-way scrolling shooter.

As far as I know it never got a conversion or appeared in any compilations. Outside klov there is very little info on it.

I do remember it, but as it was a pretty rare title, I only recall playing it once (possibly in Rhyl) sometime in the late 80s. I remember finding it OK but it was 20p a go at the time, and as a pauper, the 10p-a-go Shinobi machine not far from it was a much better option for me.

There's a bit of info on this site, but not as much as you probably want:

Information and images for the Arcade Video game: Rock'n Rage released by Konami Industry Co., Ltd. in 1986

I think Your Sinclair or C+VG did a decent review of it and there's a website that has a scan of the review. I just can't seem to find it at prez, but it's pretty good. /

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      I think Your Sinclair or C+VG did a decent review of it and there's a website that has a scan of the review. I just can't seem to find it at prez, but it's pretty good. /
      Enjoy

Comment

thanks guys. I do recall seeing that C+VG article a while back

the solvalou site is fantastic nice

still think konami should release this on one of their retro collections, perhaps there are licensing issues with the music, I think it had some beegees samples?

Comment

Rock 'n Rage was one of the first arcade games I ever played, so I have very fond memories of it. Strangely enough they used to have it in a shed along with tempest and a few other arcade games in a garden center in Maidenhead back in the early 80's.

Strange place to have an arcade but a cool one none the less are happy days.

Comment

Working...
          X