• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCVD - Jean-Claude Van Damme

imdb profile

trailer, right click save as

official website

Plot summary
    Between his tax problems and his legal battle with his wife for the custody of his daughter, these are hard times for the action movie star who finds that even Steven Seagal has pinched a role from him! In JCVD, Jean-Claude Van Damme returns to the country of his birth to seek the peace and tranquility he can no longer enjoy in the United States.

Watched this earlier and its actually pretty good, the trailer itself shows what the film is really about so i dont really want to spoiler any of it but during parts of it you feel quite sorry for his predicament

Not so much action, but a decent storyline. The version i watched was half in english (when he speaks to his lawyers) and the other half in French (where the actual story is set in a small suburb in Brussels, Belgium), so subtitles were the order of the day

Lol what a strange movie plot. Im a big VD fan. Loved all the oldies, Bloodsport, Cyborg, Death Warrent, UniSol, Hard Target, Kickboxer.....

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Lol what a strange movie plot. Im a big VD fan. Loved all the oldies, Bloodsport, Cyborg, Death Warrent, UniSol, Hard Target, Kickboxer.....
      to be honest it could even be a bio-pic of sorts

there is a bit in the movie where he sits down and the chair floats out of the room (like transcends) and he discusses the bad decisions in his life and where it all went wrong and what he should have done instead (drink and drugs)

Comment

That pic is depressing. Jean-Claude has been in some decent movies. He could have had a better career; but only he knows why he chose to be in soo many crap films.

Comment

He did choose a lot of ****e. Some of the later stuff was shocking.

Comment

Okay, so how many versions of this film are floating about?

Watched the UK Blu Ray release of this earlier today, and thought it was excellent. However, I cast my mind back to the trailer I watched last year and it seems like a very different movie.

The part with the drug taking, gone. The part in the club with the guy going through the glass, gone. Various other little bits of dialogue, gone.

Buster, when you watched it, were those scenes in it?

Comment

Working...
            X