PDA

View Full Version : What you doing for New Years Eve?

VR46
31-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Me and the missus will be staying in (apart from Holliss Cabs trips to drop off and collect the daughter). Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.

Enough of my humbugness, wot about you lot?

prinnysquad
31-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Me and the missus will be staying in (apart from Holliss Cabs trips to drop off and collect the daughter). Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.

Ditto.

Takeaway and dvd, with a few beers.

What's to celebrate? Nearly the end of the Christmas hols, and miserable January arriving. New Year always signals the death knell for Christmas so I hate it!

Skull Commander
31-12-2008, 03:37 PM
I rekon I'm staying in too. Almost every Hogmany I venture out turns into ****, so I think I will just treat it as a normal night.

I think the wife's friend is maybe coming over for some drinks. I had this idea this morning that I should have organised a big guitar hero/ rock band party, but I'v proberly left it too late:thumbd:

Skull Commander
31-12-2008, 03:38 PM
What's to celebrate? Nearly the end of the Christmas hols, and miserable January arriving. New Year always signals the death knell for Christmas so I hate it!

That too. I love christmas, but new year is nothing but it's "minky" counterpart.

jimmbob
31-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Drinks with family, followed by drinks with friends. Followed by bedtime, followed by a fry up on Thursday morning. Followed by afternoon beers when the fry up doesn't take the hangover away, followed by a few hours on the 360. Followed by the weekend.
Great stuff. Cheer up you miserable lot.

VR46
31-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Heh, some of us have work on Friday, that'll just be the icing on the cake lol.

JB@XL
31-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Working 12 hour nightshift tonight with a 23:30 start.

jimmbob
31-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Are you a barman?

Extra Terrestrial
31-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I have to get the 6:15pm train from Ipswich to Liverpool Street tomorrow morning so - as awfully dull as it sounds - I will be going round a friends until 9-10pm then make my way home to get some much needed sleep. And I won't be able to drink much either...

Working on New Years Eve (and New Years Day) really does suck.

:(

JB@XL
31-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Are you a barman?

I work with freight trains on the railway but also deal with ballast trains on engineering works.

peeveen
31-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Hogmanay should always be about sitting on kitchen chairs in someone's living room, having a laugh and a sing-song. I've never been one for going out on NYE, doesn't seem right, especially the idea of paying money to freeze my arse off in a street party.

Going to my cousin's this year ... it's a Hawaiian theme night. :S I'm just back from a fruitless traipse around Glasgow looking for summerwear.

jimmbob
31-12-2008, 03:54 PM
For all those working I present to you, the solution.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/962/hipflaskwg6.jpg

garrz32
31-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.

Hate new year,same as above(people all over you/wishing you a happy new year... yeah right, the same people who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire any other time in the year).

Am staying in watching Family Guy season 7 and then The king of Kong:thumb:

kryss
31-12-2008, 04:04 PM
We went to the temple down the road, drank some sake and laughed at the people queuing to pray in the freezing cold.
Before that, we listened to people ring the big shrine bell and we tried to name a sinful thought/deed for each.
Funniest ones:
"Not peeing on someone who's on fire"
"Laughing at someone who stands too close to the fire in synthetic fabric and catches on fire"
"Not watching Reality TV shows but still voting people off"
"Disrepecting your elders, except your [insert relative here] who's a tw*t"

How we laughed.

kernow
31-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Buffet food in with friends and a lot of booze :) and warmth

and no chavs or fighting

spagmasterswift
31-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Nice local Thai restaurant followed by feet up in front of the TV with a bottle of bubbly, then its 4 days away from work! 2008 was alright I guess...

NemesiS
31-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Doing **** all. Ditto as above. Staying in and getting a chinese.

New Years Eve is the most over rated, over hyped, under whelming, over priced night of the year. I always feel as if i'm forced to have a good time and I never ever do. Usually find as well that the pub is always full of once a year night out wonders who only ever show up on new years eve for their one night out so the pub ends up full of strangers who no one knows. Gimme Xmas eve and Boxing day any time. I also don't get much chance to see friends and family living abroad so i'm not arsed anyway about not going out.

I'll go out Friday and Saturday instead when all the kids are skint and staying in :thumb:

NW2013
31-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Going to a Guitar Hero based house party. Should be fun, plus no charvers.

Darwock
31-12-2008, 04:09 PM
I just stayed in with the girlfriend, watching the 'traditional' K1 marathon, ate soba and mochi for the bells, then stuck on 'donald where's your troosers' to give me a wee bit of home lol. I'll go to the local shrine tomorrow, not up for queing for it tonight.

Ady
31-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Nothing too elaborate. Just going with some friends to see a couple of bands play in a pub somewhere. It's best to treat New Years as another night out, otherwise it never lives up to expectations.

Ish
31-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Just going for a curry. That's about it!

Anpanman
31-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Wife's making sushi and soba noodles today, with beer to wash it down.

Tomorrow, nabe, fried chicken and more beer.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

ChrisF
31-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Just got a nice meal for the wife and I from M&S. Will have that with a bottle of plonk after the little 'un's gone to bed. Then I plan to watch a few movies while the other half catches up on a bit of work on her laptop ;) Then we might say happy new year at midnight and then fall asleep. Not as young as I used to be! :)

Happy New Year to everyone btw. Hope 2009 is good for you all!

Spatial
31-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Family gathering with lots of drink and food. Can't beat it.

kernow
31-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Just going for a curry. That's about it!

I used to do this quite often, and it would rock. Just go out to dinner with a few friend and then back home for drinkys.

Apparently not many pubs are doing the usual 10 quid to get in because they know people will just go somewhere else in this period of economic fail.

I have never been a fan of going out to a club or whatever so ehh. The type of people you meet in them . .bleh :mellow:

ezee ryder
31-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Was going to do the usual and go out to a bar/club with friends but I have the flu! I will be now staying, keeping warm and watching TV.

NemesiS
31-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Apparently not many pubs are doing the usual 10 quid to get in because they know people will just go somewhere else in this period of economic fail.

Tell that to my local who are charging ?20 a ticket, cheeky bastards :thumbd:. ?20 to go in a pub :w00t:. Another winning reason to stay in

Geoff D
31-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Some friends coming round with Guitar Hero WT; takeaway & beer.

I wish you all a happy & peaceful new year :)

HaHaUK
31-12-2008, 05:02 PM
http://s.naurunappula.com/0/244/425/459232.jpg

Either that, or gonna take the gf for a long drive, and watch the fireworks from a nice quiet distance.

nakamura
31-12-2008, 05:09 PM
but I have the flu!

Same here man. Gutted been like it for a week.

Not a new year fan though. Maiko loves it but only in japan. Her family all go to the local temples and they all have a laugh and a drink at home.

Was gonna cook a lovely meal but my coughing wakes up little Selphie so im stuck in the bedroom.

Baseley09
31-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Mini house party, get pissed smoke fags, search for the one. Will be turd no doubt.

PeteJ
31-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Got mates around to play some Scene It\ Rock Band and the fridge is stocked up with beer and pizza. Can't be arsed going outside, it's far too cold.

Unfortunately I feel like **** and don't feel like doing anything, but I'm planning on not drinking a while after tonight so may as well make the most of it ;)

C'
31-12-2008, 05:24 PM

So very much this.

Never liked New Years at all. I'll be doing naff all.

kernow
31-12-2008, 05:26 PM
http://s.naurunappula.com/0/244/425/459232.jpg

Either that, or gonna take the gf for a long drive, and watch the fireworks from a nice quiet distance.

:lol::lol::lol::ho::D

SuperDanX
31-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Im staying in, for once, working on the assumpstion (ney trufax) that nye is always rubbish always so not going to bother. Happy new year to you all tho!

J0e Musashi
31-12-2008, 06:19 PM
This year I'm staying in to have a massive blowjob session with my very fit Mrs.

CMcK
31-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Going round to my brother's house for a party. Should be good. Hopefully I won't be too pissed when someone shouts for the Wii to be put on. Last years Wii bowling shenanigans got well messy and involved broken glasses and lots of booze spilt on clothes!

parkinho
31-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Quiet one in this evening, my brother is visiting this week so we'll probably just play a few games tonight. Been overdoing getting pissed out on the town in recent times so gonna give my wallet and liver a rest for the next few weeks.

SmokeMeAKipper
31-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I've always found NYE to be a massive anti-climax. Going out with my friend and his parents for a meal in town then we'll probably go to the local for a few pints to see the actual New Year in - nothing too major but can't say I'm too fussed to be perfectly honest!

MyDogSkip
31-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Ive got a few mates coming round for a drinking session, then might stagger into town if I can be bothered!!

All in all, a pretty standard one for me im afraid!

Daragon
31-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Indoors with gaming, snacks and telly.

Really ought to be doing more with my birthday being tomorrow and all, but hey ho.

31-12-2008, 06:57 PM
A part of me wants to go out and usher in the new year with strangers....... but its been snowing here so its freezing and i dunno if i wanna wait for a cab in the minus temps.......... so looks like staying in, and plowing on with more fallout 3 (which i jus started about 4 hours ago) and watch the first 13 eps of Heroes Season 3. :p

Have a VERY Happy New Year guys!

112 :)

kernow
31-12-2008, 07:00 PM
This year I'm staying in to have a massive blowjob session with my very fit Mrs.

tend to her needs
be a fantastic and generous lover
feel her shiver with ecstasy

:hmm:

Dirty Sanchez
31-12-2008, 07:11 PM

What, she has a cock? :w00t:

Dirty Sanchez
31-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Mrs only 2 weeks into her recovery from op so BJ it will be, again. Sigh. ;-)

Night in, 'party food', Cava then a few beers and a few short cheeky ones. Will probably have the neighbors round at some point carrying a bottle or two.

Currently watching a crap movie, but it beats the other dross on TV. Raving Rabids is going on soon.

egparadigm
31-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Being 24. Salivating at the prospect of my longest birthday since 1994. Being content and pleased that my siblings were present for the first time in many years.

Paulos G
31-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Drinking Beecham's (with a spoonful of honey), eating Cathedral City and watching Dragon's Den: Where Are They Now on Dave.

ChrisF
31-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Drinking Beecham's (with a spoonful of honey), eating Cathedral City and watching Dragon's Den: Where Are They Now on Dave.

I bet you want one of those wooden heritage tables... ;)

Paulos G
31-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I'd prefer a waterless egg cooker right about now!

glazza
31-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Indoors as usual..been 18 yrs since me and the mrs have been out new year,always had young ones to look after ,cant get babysiters or the mrs just wont go out..still at least we save a good few quid for the sake of one night out..:).

Herbalizer
31-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Wife has only just got home from work :thumbd: Time to get the party started I guess.

EvilBoris
31-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I've decided to take up drinking, so I'm sitting playing some games with some Vodka and redbull

JB@XL
31-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Heading off to work now so:

A GUID NEW YEAR TAE YIN AND AW

nightstalker100
31-12-2008, 11:24 PM
spending new year here

on ntsc-uk.com

i really need to get out more

GluedOnBeard
31-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I have that dreaded bug that everyone seems to have so have been forced to keep my germ ridden self inside, so what better idea than to get the cleaning out of the way . . . . . right?

ezee ryder
01-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Was going to do the usual and go out to a bar/club with friends but I have the flu! I will be now staying, keeping warm and watching TV.

OK so mates called me up and I ended up going out. Hammered!

Darwock
01-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Was gonna cook a lovely meal but my coughing wakes up little Selphie so im stuck in the bedroom.

Off topic but I feel compelled to ask - did you name your daughter after the FF8 character?

prinnysquad
01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I saw in the NY with a bottle of Batemans XXXB and a viewing of Our Relations (1936).

It was good.

Extra Terrestrial
01-01-2009, 01:45 PM
http://s.naurunappula.com/0/244/425/459232.jpg.

:D

I just had to say how funny that brief script is!

MonkeyJuggleDX
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
What a cracking night.

Went round a mates and started drinking about 5pm, few games of Fifa09 then down the pub for 10ish for a buffet and a few pints. Gave the cute barmaid my number, which she seemed dead chuffed about. Stayed in the pub til 1ish then back to my mates for more booze, Fifa and Lips. Concluded the night with a nice 15" pizza.

Other notable mentions are:

Somehow picking up a pair of 70's sunglasses.
Chatting to some bloke about how women are arseholes and then promptly giving cute barmaid my number.
Waking up this morning with condoms, a wet wipe and a latexglove in my pocket.
Letting rip the stinkiest parp ever.

Another thing I love about new years is I always meet one of two types of women. Cute barmaids with nice bewbz or complete slags that give me a golden ticket. :thumb:

Skull Commander
01-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I ended up having some people round. We played some guitar hero and rock band, had some drinks and food. Not the best or the worst.

MonkeyJuggleDX
01-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand the good news is....

The barmaid I gave my number to just texted me so it's been quite a good start to the year!

Dirty Sanchez
01-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand the good news is....

The barmaid I gave my number to just texted me so it's been quite a good start to the year!

Charlie Bucket finds the last Golden Ticket............. :w00t:

MonkeyJuggleDX
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Charlie Bucket finds the last Golden Ticket............. :w00t:

Back in the day maybe. These days it's different. I mean, I'm 28 now so looking to settle down and do the family stuffs.

prinnysquad
01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Is that before or after you ream her up the harris?

Dazzyman
02-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Mine was spent ringing in the new year doubled up in loo :(

thebuddahman
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Mine involved my girlfriend's friend firing a barrage of insults at me before she proceeded to try and punch me in the face. It's ok though, I kicked her into the table in self defence. Bitch.

grain-flavour
02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Well i had a pretty weird but great start. Met a girl 2weeks back visiting a friend in Chester and somehow she ended up coming up NYE to spend it with me!Bare in mind that it was a 1nighter and i was pretty hammered when i 1st met her. Anyway i picked her up and in the car she told me she was bi-sexual, a bit psychotic just to name two!!And she wasn't quite as fit as i recall but still alright. We had quite a bit of fun, doing the dirty and watching tv, listening to music for the past few days and i drove her home today. Feel a bit strange now though like wtf?My ny started with a stranger and now i have to cram in essays and revision for a law exam in the next week! Could be a strange year ahead . . . . .

buster_broon
02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Mine involved my girlfriend's friend firing a barrage of insults at me before she proceeded to try and punch me in the face. It's ok though, I kicked her into the table in self defence. Bitch.

unsure why i laughed when i read that

she must have been small as you're only 4ft :wub:

maybe just maybe you have a taste for the tramp wines now

kernow
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
wtf I need more info - maybe one for the women are evil thread? :D

thebuddahman
03-01-2009, 01:38 AM
How could I possibly blame those delightful tramp wines?!! They will always have a special place in my heart... :wub:

Anyway, it was a classic case of one of my girlfriend's friends not being able to control her alcohol, thinking she would try and take thebuddahman down in some E-Honda stylee punch fury just because me and my missus weren't seeing eye to eye at one point. Bloody psycho though as she came out of nowhere! But hey it worked out great in the end - I introduced her to my glass table*, and then locked her in the back garden!

*Disclaimer: I don't go around normally kicking women, it was self-defence!!

What is it with new years and bloody drama?! :D

QualityChimp
18-12-2009, 10:42 AM
It's time to re-animate this thread!

After last year's tales of tramp wines, fights, latex gloves, bisexuals, diarrhoea and cute barmaids with big bewbz, maybe some people are going to try having a quiet one this year?

I've done some cool stuff in the past; fancy dress parties, Times Square in New York, Disney Land Paris and Florida last year.

This year I'm hosting a gangster-themed murder mystery evening!

I've got so much planning to sort out before it starts though, it's really complex and I'm worried somebody will forget to drop some vital information: "I'm the victim's brother's cousin's flatmate!"

Anybody else got any plans yet or are we all trying to get through Christmas before making plans?

Oh and Famidewd, how did things turn out with the barmaid?!

NemesiS
18-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Doing absolutely crutch. Staying in with a takeaway or will probably go round my sisters house with the missus and my mum and dad.

Never liked NYE as its simply an overrated night that always seems like you are forced to enjoy it for the sake of it. Rip off as well.

Xmas eve is always a good night tho as everyone has the pre-xmas buzz.

Always like boxing day as well and usually make a day of it with the football and late last orders :thumb:

Baseley09
18-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Word, probably stay in.... I really can't be arsed it gets worse with every passing year! Better be something good on the tellevizzle.

Brats
18-12-2009, 11:46 AM
It's limited when you have kids. We're doing our traditional 'pile round to friend's house and let the kids play in the other room whilst the adults get hammered on gluwine' thing.

Kongster
18-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Word, probably stay in.... I really can't be arsed it gets worse with every passing year! Better be something good on the tellevizzle.

Ditto. On the plus side, we can take a bit comfort knowing that we won't get fleeced by having to pay way over the odds to get into the clubs/bars on New Years Eve.:ph34r:

prinnysquad
18-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I may spend the night watching dvds, lying in bed, surrounded by crisps and sherry.

Just like every other night this holiday really.

When the bells sound at 12 on the radio, I'll feel the usual 3 second pang of regret that I didn't make more of it, then reassert my indifference to it and carry on munching.

Number45
18-12-2009, 12:23 PM
We're going to see Cinderalla in the afternoon then off to my folks for an evening with family. I'm not sure if we're going to eat out first or have a barbecue this year - I do love my NY barbies! :D

kernow
30-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Probably nothing, my birds away having NYE with her family for once, and I am teh alones. Will probably involve drinking some of the whisky I got for christmas and moping about eating leftover christmas munch.

Happy New Year! :D

Kieran76
30-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Me and our lass are off to see some friends who have rented a cottage in the New Forest. Another couple of mates are coming so should be a nice steady evening. I am taking a curry (been making several all night), a chocolate and hazlenut torte, 4 bottles of champagne, a bottle of vokda, gin, rum, amaretto and Kalhua - cocktails for the win!

abigsmurf
30-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Staying in. Had enough forced celebration rubbish at xmas. If I have fun it's because I want to. You can't force fun.

Although a few years back I went to Universal Studios in Florida for new years which was great. Was freezing though. We would pick a 20 year low cold spell to go to florida. There were icicles everywhere and all we'd packed were t-shirts.

Skull Commander
30-12-2009, 11:26 PM
It will be a quiet Hogmany in the Skull household again. Just staying in with Mrs Skull and Baby Skull, and I'm happy to :)

Going over to my Mum's on the 1st for a big meal. My sister and HER boyfriend will be there too, then will maybe visit a friend who lives across the street from my parents.

prinnysquad
31-12-2009, 12:06 AM
This New Year only serves to hide the fact that I only have 4 days left of my precious holiday. Hate, hate, hate!

I think it stems from when I was a kid - Christmas was a colossal event, with months of build-up, like Christmasy things at school, pantos, carols, songs, writing cards, skimming my Christmas list lovingly as the anticipation and excitement grew as we edged closer to Christmas Eve, the lights and candles, the tree, the buildup of festive programmes and films on tv; then the actual day itself and the pressie heaven. New Year simply signified the end of all this: tree down, lights away, putting pressies away, no more songs, no more programmes, no more Christmasy foods, no waft of cigar smoke from my dad downstairs who only smoked at Christmas, no calender opening; just dark nights and dark mornings and miserable weather with no lights or joy or abstraction of normality. Did I overanalyse things as a kid? Hell, yeah!

btw Qualitychimp, FammYdoDD is still with that barmaid. Earlier on he was on about porking her tonight.

kernow
31-12-2009, 12:14 AM
January always goes so quickly too, before you know it its march, first quarter of the year always seems to vanish.

topper
31-12-2009, 12:51 AM
How funny, it's like everyone who stays in also happens to be a member here. :) For me, it's Jools' Annual Hogmanay, plus I might whack open this Beatles Rock Band Value Edition... Or play some real guitar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFeNkFR02iE ;)

dataDave
31-12-2009, 12:58 AM
This New Year only serves to hide the fact that I only have 4 days left of my precious holiday. Hate, hate, hate!

I think it stems from when I was a kid - Christmas was a colossal event, with months of build-up, like Christmasy things at school, pantos, carols, songs, writing cards, skimming my Christmas list lovingly as the anticipation and excitement grew as we edged closer to Christmas Eve, the lights and candles, the tree, the buildup of festive programmes and films on tv; then the actual day itself and the pressie heaven. New Year simply signified the end of all this: tree down, lights away, putting pressies away, no more songs, no more programmes, no more Christmasy foods, no waft of cigar smoke from my dad downstairs who only smoked at Christmas, no calender opening; just dark nights and dark mornings and miserable weather with no lights or joy or abstraction of normality. Did I overanalyse things as a kid? Hell, yeah!

btw Qualitychimp, FammYdoDD is still with that barmaid. Earlier on he was on about porking her tonight.

I get you 100%. New Year's is ****.

I'm going to my mate's parents for a quiet one.

Decider-VT
31-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Staying in and being antisocial. Again. Working the following day, too. Bah!

teddymeow
31-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Normally I would put on a festive hat and celebrate the fact that the earth has circled around the sun on more time. I really didn't think it was going to make it this year but darn if it wasn't for the little planet that could all over again.

This year I can't be bothered. I've worked everyday over Christmas except Christmas Day and that I spent in the dark with a mean headache. I'm very, very tired and just feel all this forced merriment makes me nauseus.

Damn, old and cynical FTW!!

hush
31-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I will stay in and play Dragon Age: Origins

MonkeyJuggleDX
31-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Oh and Famidewd, how did things turn out with the barmaid?!

Well she's lying in bed next to me so I'd say pretty well.

This year I think I'm just going to chill with the family for the first time in about 4 years.

QualityChimp
31-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Good work, Fammyduud! Say hi from the LurveChimp for me...

That you shredding, Topper? Nice work!

Oh man, I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this murder mystery. It's really complex and as host, I have to ensure certain events take place and evidence is placed. I'll probably have to stay sober to make sure I'm doing everything right!

My wife has really excelled herself though because we're catering for 13 people and she's been cooking chicken wings, ribs, loaded potato skins, stuffed jalapeno peppers, veggie chilli and carnivore chilli (with actual beef and chorizo!), seasoned nuts and steamed chocolate pudding. Man, those Nigella books are getting a caning!

I'm going to try and re-read what I have to do tonight to ensure it all runs smoothly. We'll be well-fed even if it all falls apart!

Herbalizer
31-12-2009, 09:04 AM
My wife is eight months pregnant so we're staying in. I'll get some food from M&S and we will settle down to watch Jools Holland. Its also my last night of drinking and smoking.

QualityChimp
31-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Its also my last night of drinking and smoking.

Ha ha ha, yeah woteva, "herbalizer" :lol:

Only kidding, mate - hope your resolutions go well.

Herbalizer
31-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Ha ha ha, yeah woteva, "herbalizer" :lol:

Only kidding, mate - hope your resolutions go well.

They aren't resolutions, more orders from my wife. :( I can;t drink until the baby is born as I may have to drive her to the hospital at any time, and she wants me to quit smoking.

QualityChimp
31-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I would never let a woman kick my ass. If she tried something, I'd be like, HEY! You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!

I'm sure you don't mind, really. It's for the baby and all. Plus you'll reap the benefits too.

My wife quit using Allan Carr (http://www.allencarrseasyway.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/AllenCarr/_164022)'s Easyway book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633). That's not the toothy guy from the Friday Night Project, he's stopped loads of people and celebs from smoking.

Jebus
31-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Quiet night in, perhaps a Chinese takeaway.

parkinho
31-12-2009, 09:58 AM

I feel totally the same - New Year is quite a sombre event for me rather than celebration most people seem to take it for. Usually I try to enjoy a quiet night in and reflect on the prvious year, but tonight I will be going to a house party under the orders of the GF.

MonkeyJuggleDX
31-12-2009, 10:04 AM
My wife has really excelled herself though because we're catering for 13 people and she's been cooking chicken wings, ribs, loaded potato skins, stuffed jalapeno peppers, veggie chilli and carnivore chilli (with actual beef and chorizo!), seasoned nuts and steamed chocolate pudding. Man, those Nigella books are getting a caning!

Make that 15. Me and the Mrs are coming over :ph34r:

fuse
31-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I am at work right now, and unless we get an early pardon I won't be escaping till 6. Think some people here are up for a cheeky beer or two afterwards at the local, which is probably as exciting as it'll get. Some friends are staying at our place but I don't know if they're in or out - either way I am staying in though. There will certainly be a detour via the offie on the way home though, having a bit of a crap time with some things right now and could do with a bit of sorrow drowning.

Kieran76
31-12-2009, 10:20 AM
They aren't resolutions, more orders from my wife. :( I can;t drink until the baby is born as I may have to drive her to the hospital at any time, and she wants me to quit smoking.

Not sure about the drinking (thats what taxis are for), but quiting smoking was one of the best things I have ever done.

NemesiS
31-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I will stay in and play Dragon Age: Origins

Surely the NYE television can't be that bad :rolleyes:

topper
31-12-2009, 11:08 AM
That you shredding, Topper? Nice work!

Hehe, cheers, although I don't know if I'd call it "shredding" as such. But I used to play the song when it was new, so it wasn't hard to knock out a half-decent version.

I'm available for weddings, barmitzvahs, and to keep the thread on-topic, New Year's Eve parties! :thumb:

Mr Ono
31-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I can do what I want. I can cry if I want to. ;)

NW2013
31-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Nowt. I'm so rock'n'roll! I'll probably continue playing Batman:AA and be on here. I do have some Becks and a nice pizza in though.

ezee ryder
31-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Will be out partying and getting drunk. The only way I know how to spend new years eve.

NW2013
31-12-2009, 02:26 PM
My sister and boyfriend will be there too

Does the wife know about the boyfriend?

Shez
31-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Staying in with the Mrs, and have done for a few years now - I'm throwing some hate on new years eve.

Don't get me wrong, I used to try and embrace it in the past, but I have never really liked the experience.

It's total ****e when not 5 minutes after Auld Lang Syne has finished that people start knocking seven bells of **** out of each other (huh, the spirit of that poem lasted long) - Add in that there is always one in your group who drinks far too much and needs one on one attention to get them home safe.

Nah, **** that.

Staying in, and will hopefully be asleep by 11:00pm, undoubtedly to be woken up at 12:00 because some moron is deciding to set of his 'big' firework that he has been saving for weeks. This after being assured it flouts any legal requirement and will give of a big bang!

Spatial
31-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Well this year I'll be doing nothing except crying my heart out.

Got woken this morning by a phone call from my dad to tell me that he'd just found my mum dead in bed.

Totally unexpected and the family is gutted. I only spoke to her on the phone yesterday and told her that I'd see her tonight for a small New Years Eve get together. I still can't take it in as she wasn't even ill and I miss her so much already.

So anyone reading this thread, whether you're doing anything or not, give a loved one a ring and tell them that you love them. Because right now I'd give anything in the world to be able to say it to my mum one last time.

ezee ryder
31-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Very sorry to hear that Spatial. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

prinnysquad
31-12-2009, 03:52 PM

Got woken this morning by a phone call from my dad to tell me that he'd just found my mum dead in bed.

Totally unexpected and the family is gutted. I only spoke to her on the phone yesterday and told her that I'd see her tonight for a small New Years Eve get together. I still can't take it in as she wasn't even ill and I miss her so much already.

So anyone reading this thread, whether you're doing anything or not, give a loved one a ring and tell them that you love them. Because right now I'd give anything in the world to be able to say it to my mum one last time.

That's really awful Spatial and my thoughts go out to you. :cry:

topper
31-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Sad news. *shakes head sadly* Condolences to you and family.

kernow
31-12-2009, 04:19 PM
holy crap, my condolences.

PrayforMojo
31-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Jesus, what awful news. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Skull Commander
31-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry Spatial. I can't even imagine how you feel at the moment.

Lyris
31-12-2009, 04:56 PM
That is terrible :(

glazza
31-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Staying in as always with the missus and the kids and will be palying some games as always when the bells toll 12 lol..:):)

EDIT: Spatial so sorry for your loss matey i cant imgine how you must be feeling right now.

So sorry Spatial..:(:(

Malc
31-12-2009, 05:21 PM
So sorry to hear that Spatial. :(

The Glider
31-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Awful news Spatial. So sorry. :(

Geoff D
31-12-2009, 05:32 PM
So sorry for your loss Spatial.

MatWoods
31-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Spatial, I do not know what to say but my thoughts are with you, take care and this place is always here for you.

I am off out with the Mrs and some friends for a chinese banquet and then a few scoops in the local, nothing major.

It is an 'all you can eat' thing, boy are they in for a shock as I have been practicising for this for the last 38 years.....

Spatial
31-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you everyone. Such kind words mean a lot right now. Just wish I knew what to say and do to make it all better for my poor Dad.

Sorry if I've brought this thread down.

teddymeow
31-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Mrs Teddy and I send our deepest sympathies to you Spatial, there's not much else I can think of to say.

MatWoods
31-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Thank you everyone. Such kind words mean a lot right now. Just wish I knew what to say and do to make it all better for my poor Dad.

Sorry if I've brought this thread down.

You have definitely not brought this thread down, many a time this place is more than just a games forum.

Just be there for your Dad, that is the best thing you can do. You will both help each other through this difficult time. There is no 'exact' way of dealing with something like this as every family and relationship is different but your support and presence can make a big difference.

Take care and do not hesitate to post here if you feel like it, there are a lot of people who are willing to listen and I am sure you are in our thoughts tonight.

markpsych
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
So sorry Spatial....condolences to you and your family....be strong

NW2013
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
That's absolutely terrible Spatial and must be especially so for your Dad. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Spatial
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh God, this is the most horrible thing ever.

My poor dad is heartbroken. He's sits there forlornly staring out the window and every now and then he lets out this long, deep sigh which sounds like someone who's had their soul ripped out. It's the most heartbreaking thing ever. The family are all around him and we're all trying to be strong (not only for him but for each other) but each one of us is absolutely devastated.

Because of the time of year we won't know until at least next week how she died (although I've got a pretty good idea what it was - I suspect that it was DVT). The burial probably won't be arranged until the week after.

I lost it this morning when I saw the gift wallet she'd given me and the other half for Xmas this year and saw how much money was in there. I had been so busy doling out the presents myself on Xmas day that I didn't get a chance to actually say thank you to her for it. So many things left unsaid and now I'll never get the chance.

God I would give anything to have her back, even for just half an hour, to tell her how much I love her and how I'll miss her. I'm sure she knew that but just to say it that once last time...

I mean what I said earlier in this thread. Anyone reading this, if there's someone out there, a parent or loved one or whatever, you all better make damn sure you tell them you love them whenever you get the chance.

James Mc Fadden
01-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear of you're sad news Spatial. Thoughts and prayers are with you and you're family. Life is so unfair sometimes. I don't know what else to say. I feel for you. :(

k0pp0
01-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Spats, just spill whatever you need to on here mate - it's part of the process, and really sorry for your loss, keep your chin up.

Mayhem
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Late to the party but really sorry to hear that Spatial. So sorry. My gran died just before Xmas about a decade ago and it ripped the heart out of my parents and brother for weeks afterwards. My sympathies, because I know pretty well what you are going through :(

stepp
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM

Oh man, had a few beers tonight and that really touched me, not an emotional person but that has really hit home.

All the best to you and you family mate.

Anpanman
01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Really sorry to hear about your loss Spatial, been there so I know a little of what you are going through.

I don't care how hard anyone thinks he is, deep down we are all mummy's boys.

Gutted for you.

Brats
01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
This was not what I was expecting to read :(.

So sorry Spatial. I'll take your advice. Just take care of yourself and your family.

importaku
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
It certainly puts my problems in perspective, so sorry to hear of your loss Spatial, i can't begin to imagine how horrible it is for you right now.

Hope everything works out for you.

tom-nook
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your news Spatial. I really feel for you mate.

I lost my Dad earlier this year a couple of months after he was diagnosed with cancer. It was hard enough to get my head round his diagnosis (he was fighting fit at the time) but this must be much harder to comprehend.

Take care of yourself & very best wishes to you & your family.

Darwock
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't lose that legendary sense of humour mate.

davesol
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
condolences Spatial, really sorry to hear that news. Best wishes for this year to you, your dad and the rest of your family.

GMass
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Really sorry to hear this Spatial. Take care of yourself.

JazzFunk
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Terrible news, Spatial, my heart goes out to you, your family and your dad. Must be heartbreaking.

My mum just turned 60, and she's not in the best of shape, and it's something I think about quite a bit.

Spatial
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Again, thank you for the kind words everyone. It really means a lot.

Dogg Thang
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Such a horrific end to the year. So sorry to hear about your loss, Spatial. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through right now.

QualityChimp
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Spatial, there's nothing we can really say to express how tough things must be for you right now.

I'm sat here struggling to know what to write, but you've encouraged me to call my family for no real reason but to catch up and say hi.

So thanks, for taking the time to write what you did.

We're all really thinking of you, mate.

Dirty Sanchez
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM

With you all the way dude.

Hard times indeed, keep strong for your Dad and do what you can to ease his pain whilst nursing your own.

I lost my younger brother 3 weeks ago, totally ripped apart but what can you do other than support each other through tough times.

Best wishes mate.