Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing fuse in snes

Think the fuse in my snes has blown.

Would be grateful if some would could advise on the replacement fuse/provide a link for instructions.

I have the socket for opening the case.

Thanks

http://mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-fuse.htm It's all there

Comment

The fuse went on my snes a couple of years back and I replaced it with single, thin strand of wire pulled from a regular piece of multi-core wire.

It's cheap (let's face it, you could buy a new snes for the cost of a pack of fuses), it works, and it would be rated to the required couple of amps too.

Mine's been working fine ever since.
      Of course, use this info at your own risk! I can tell you that this is a common trick used by electrical repair men though.

Comment

I've got one you can have for cost. I can't remember where I put it though. I bought it a few months ago to repair a SNES, but later discovered that that wasn't the fault. If I find one, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Found them. You can have it for 70p posted. I've got loads spare, so if anyone else needs one, let me know.

mmmonkey also has a way of affixing a standard 1A fuse to a SNES, if you look. This might be a cheaper way of achieving the same end, and would also be easier to replace.
        Last edited by egparadigm; 12-01-2009, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
          I've got one you can have for cost. I can't remember where I put it though. I bought it a few months ago to repair a SNES, but later discovered that that wasn't the fault. If I find one, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Found them. You can have it for 70p posted. I've got loads spare, so if anyone else needs one, let me know.

mmmonkey also has a way of affixing a standard 1A fuse to a SNES, if you look. This might be a cheaper way of achieving the same end, and would also be easier to replace.

pm'd

Thanks people

Comment

Working...
          X