Ferrari 355 Challenge Time Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrari 355 Challenge Time Attack

Okay, here's the game. Stick it on Single Race, then Driving, and it's fastest lap people! You can race as many laps as you want.

So far I've only tried Long Beach, with a fastest lap time of 1:13:383

Not great, but its a starting point.

I think my DC could not play this game anymore, due to old age..RIP

Comment

i was unbeleivably bad at this game, but i will dig out my copy later and check what lap times i got.

Comment

My good mate Kubrick is easily the best pad player in the world on 355, his best times for the 6 arcade tracks are thus....
        motegi 37.422
        suzuka short 50.206
        monza 1:43.206
        sugo 1:23.694
        suzuka 2:07.220
        long beach 1:04.934

all times acehieved with the standard car, all assists swtiched OFF, analogue steering at approx 60% and sensitivity of +3
        Gearchanging methods include hiroshifting from 1st to 5th gear (ie. 2 up 1 down) and kazushift from 5th to 6th (release accelerator briefly after changing gear)

and here's my best efforts with the exact same settings...
        motegi 37.567
        suzuka short 50.816
        monza 1:43.345
        sugo 1:24.417
        suzuka 2:08.479
        long beach 1:05.350

the SEGA pad is the only true test on 355 because with the wheel there's various ways of cheating the game-physics, hence the insanely fast time on the netrankings using drifting techniques.

Comment

You can use drift with the pad though Dave SS. I do it on Monza and Suzuka. It's all about turning into the corner early and wacking that accelerator!

I'll post some times in a minute people. Just gonna run downstairs and boot it up.

Strange.... I was actually going to play it earlier but had to pick my sister up from the shops.

Comment

You can use drift with the pad though Dave SS. I do it on Monza and Suzuka. It's all about turning into the corner early and wacking that accelerator!
            Slightly different drift technique; Dave is on about nazo-drifting, kind of a bug in the physics engine and a total wheel wrecker...

...Dave, I've got the exact same time on Motegi

Comment

Oh right, so is it worth getting a wheel for this then? They're quite cheap on eBay at the moment.

I'm doing times at the mo but they're a far cry from the times you guys are setting at the moment. Expect all that to change over the next week or so..... lol

Originally posted by Supergoal
              I think my DC could not play this game anymore, due to old age..RIP
              Whaaaat?!?!?!?!?!

That's no excuse mate! Get a new laser or, failing that, a DC off eBay!

If my DC packed up tomorrow I'd easily sell off any of my old games to get a new one. DC is as important as air man!

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap Jap. copy of this.

I had it before but traded it in along with a pile of other DC games so that I could afford a GBA on launch.

Comment

You can pick up the PAL one for next to nothing, unless you're going for replays and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows

I had it before but traded it in along with a pile of other DC games so that I could afford a GBA on launch.
                    cex were selling the japanese version for ?2 second hand recently. might have got rid of them all now though.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows

I got mine from Play-Asia.com last week, ?6.

Comment

ZeroRisk>
                        as an example of some drift times, these are mine....
                        motegi 33.5
                        suzuka short 46.3
                        monza 1:38.0
                        sugo 1:17.9
                        suzuka 2:00.9
                        long beach 1:03.2

all beyond-impossible with the pad i'm sure you'll agree

CM>
                        really mate? with an assistless/standard car set-up? lol freaky!

Comment

I've only played this game a couple of times after I digged it out when I saw the other thread... superb.

I've only been round Monza a few times with the assists off and with basic car setup I can only get 1:57, thats without making any mistakes. I spent ages just trying to get under 2 mins!

I guess it's just a case of getting better now and learning how far to push into each corner... plus I guess it'll take time to get used to the sensitivity of the controls. I'm sure my times will come down.

It's damn hard... the best I can do is 6th on Monza at the moment. I guess as they say though, practice makes perfect. To be honest, I could do with a wheel.

Comment

yeh its a quite a lot easier with the wheel mate, expecially for the very first corner oj Monza, that catches everyone out, even the most experienced players. as a guide for you to aim for, its possible to negotiate that first double chicane without going below 160kmh when you get the line spot-on

Comment

Nice one.

Had a couple of hours razzing around Motegi last night but couldn't lap under 38 seconds. I was damn close loads of times but couldn't quite manage it.

This game is ****ing class.

Comment

Working...
                              X