worst controller/joystick ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst controller/joystick ever

There seem to have been some threads on favourite joysticks, but couldn't see one on the worst examples:

So here are my contenders

Cheetah 125 - horrible spongy buttons and diagonals reached on a wing and a prayer!

Commodore joystick - the fire button was like an old hard fruit gum! Stick had no travel at all. It was also as comfortable to hold as a breeze block.

and this beaut. the magic Jaguar controller. Hmm, lets have 12 generic indistuiguishable buttons? why not be done with it and attach a whole keyboard!

Ooh I remember going through a few of that top joystick on the speccy, I think games like Daily Thompsons and Combat School used to be Joystick killers, I remember just holding the base of the joystick and just shaking the crap out of it on some of the sports type games.

Comment

hah, I was just about to post jaguar controller, then I scrolled down

Comment

Anything pre-1984 or so that didn't have the names "Wico" or "Epyx" on it, really.

Particular hate for the Intellivision and Colecovision controllers.

Comment

Comment

Behold, the action chair:

Comment

I still cannot stand the rubbish controllers that are packaged with the various Sony consoles. No d-pad, stupid 4 shoulder button layout and wobbly analogue sticks.

And the Cheetah 125 mentioned above was truly awful as well. Quickshot all the way back then.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                I still cannot stand the rubbish controllers that are packaged with the various Sony consoles. No d-pad, stupid 4 shoulder button layout and wobbly analogue sticks.
                That statement could apply to any post-Saturn consoles to be fair, except maybe the Wii

Comment

2nd any Sony PS controller
                  Not so much the controls but I can't use a DS for too long before my hands go numb.

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  That statement could apply to any post-Saturn consoles to be fair, except maybe the Wii
                  I loved the Wavebird and controller-s.

Comment

The old Atari 2600 joystick. Using that certainly built up your muscles.

Incidentally the best joystick for the amiga was the bug

Comment

Left handers only!?!

what were they thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

And the Cheetah 125 mentioned above was truly awful as well. Quickshot all the way back then.
                        Personally I love the Sony d-pad, so much in fact that I wont play any demanding 2D game with a dual shock 2. Particularly games like 3rd Srike, Alpha 3 and Garou which I can play to a reasonably high level. The D-pad has just the right amount of travel and surface slide. Besides sony consoles I use them on Dreamcast, Xbox, mame and for 2df online.

Also, am alone in thinking that the original Xbox pads were way better. Sure the face buttons were garbage but they're minor in most games. for people with biggish hands the layout of the sticks and shoulder buttons were perfect. The redesign was crappy imo, things moved too close together and other buttons moved just for the sake of it.

Comment

the 3do controller was awful...particulary for super streetighter 2

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                            Winner.

Comment

I'm left handed and still prefer a right handed stick layout

Comment

Working...
                              X