• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
      What if you move?
      Heh, my mum said the same thing - as well as "if you get lost they'll know where to send you". I actually live in Korea now, and before that I was in Manchester - it's just a semi-jokey tribute to where I grew up (Ely in Cambridgeshire).

Next one's going to be either Greek tragedy and comedy masks on my back, or a big stylised Palestinian Jesus with "he died for our sins" in Aramaic underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by pentarou View Post
        I have a couple

I really like the bottom one - kind of reminds me of "Le Voyage Dans La Lune", and Moebius' work too. What's the inspiration behind it?

Comment

I got the idea from this album artwork:

I just looked up "Le Voyage Dans La Lune", I'd seen it before but wasn't sure what it was called. Thinking about it, that must have been the inspiration for the video for 'Tonight, tonight'.
          Last edited by pentarou; 30-01-2009, 08:07.

Comment

What kind of ink is that? How long have you had them? The colours look really bright. I want to go for some colour one day, but I don't want fading. One of my mates got some done with what he calls "Japanese ink", and he reckons it doesn't fade...

Comment

All ink will fade. It's a myth, same as temporary tattoos.
              A lot of people were conned (I suppose, see also, stupid) into getting temp tatts years ago.
              I wonder if they're still waiting for the day they wake up to find it gone.

Worse than fade is bleed, where the lines go fluffy. Best way to avoid that, go to a good tattooist.
              Last edited by jimmbob; 30-01-2009, 10:59.

Comment

Lets see yours then Jimm!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Peekay View Post
                  What kind of ink is that? How long have you had them? The colours look really bright. I want to go for some colour one day, but I don't want fading. One of my mates got some done with what he calls "Japanese ink", and he reckons it doesn't fade...
                  I had the ship done in November 07, and the other one done in March 08. Not sure what ink was used, but I went to see Steve Byrne up in Leeds for mine if that helps. They'd probably look brighter than that if I'd bothered to moisturise them when I took the photos, I have quite dry skin.

Comment

More of me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                      More of me
                      Wow thats some really intricate stuff, the guys done fantastic job there.

Comment

The wind stripes look darker in this shot because they had only just been done. Now the ink has settled and blends in with everything else.

Comment

If anyone wants to help me, that would be great.

I'm holding off on the Koi until the summer.

I want to get a tattoo gun/machine done on my bicep, I kinda need to find it from a site where you can buy the design/stencil..but can't find anything I like. (Obv need to like it!)

Anyone seen any anywhere?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                            If anyone wants to help me, that would be great.

I'm holding off on the Koi until the summer.

I want to get a tattoo gun/machine done on my bicep, I kinda need to find it from a site where you can buy the design/stencil..but can't find anything I like. (Obv need to like it!)

Anyone seen any anywhere?

Thanks.
                            Personally i would find a tattoo artist to do the design for you. This way it will be personal to you and you can tell them exactly what you want. Get yourself some magazines and go on Myspace. Any good artist will generally have a waiting list and not just take walk in customers.

Comment

Whereabouts do you live Shadowdancer???

I'm with Gradius here though...go to an artist & get them to draw one up for you.
                              You can get it exactly how you want then.

Neil

Comment

It's also nice to know you have a one-off

Comment

Working...
                                X