Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expendables- BEST ACTION MOVIE EVAH!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Expendables- BEST ACTION MOVIE EVAH!!?

Stallones new, self penned action movie, 'The Expendables' due 2010- A group of mercenaries head to south america on a mission to overthrow a dictator, described as a 'men on a mission movie' in the vein of 'Commando' and 'Predator'! I very excited by this and if Rambo 4 was anything to go by it sounds like a return to the haylcon days of the 80's action movie. Great cast too> Stallone (natch), Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Forest Whitaker and Dolph Lundgren! O/\o amongst others. Cant wait!

Imdb link- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253

Comment

wonder if its like the dirty dozen

Comment

haha this looks superb! Stallone at the helm should ensure a proper gutsmasher of an action flick.

Comment

This sounds awesome. Is it a joke? .. I hope not.

Mickey & Dolph in the same film. That has to be good.

Comment

In the paper yesterday, it said Van Damme was in it as well

Comment

it needs some Seagal to put a cherry on the cake

Comment

The picture on Aint it cool news of Sly - was rather scary too.

I couldn't look that fit now let alone by my 6o's

Comment

Originally posted by tonyk100 View Post
                  The picture on Aint it cool news of Sly - was rather scary too.

I couldn't look that fit now let alone by my 6o's

I think he admitted to using human growth hormone last year for Rambo 4, so that's why he looks like that.

I've been wondering where Dolph Lundgren was, this film does sound great.

Commando is an all time classic though, nothing can compare!

Comment

Stallone in character=BADASS

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                      I think he admitted to using human growth hormone last year for Rambo 4, so that's why he looks like that.

No action movies will ever truely compare to Commando & Predator. Arnie is the man when it comes to action movies. As much as Stallone is good - Arnie consistently made better movies.

I have all the Stallone movies, so I am a fan of his, and I like Dolph Lundgren, Steven Segal, Van Damme etc... 80/90s action stars will never be bettered.

Stallone's mum once said that he used to phone her up in the 80s moaning about how crappy he felt taking sooo many steroids, vitamins etc.... The guy has a long term addiction to supplements. They are like a drug to him.

Steroids etc.. are just part & parcel of having huge muscles. I would never take the risk with such things - and I don't think most women care about giant muscles - they just like fitness, so.. I feel no need to be bulky.

Comment

I've even got a quite rare Indian dub of Commando, the voices are spot on!

I'm also a huge fan of 80s and 90s action flicks, although that's due to age and being a young 'un at the time. I can't believe grown men of the time took stuff like Commando seriously. It's so camp...

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post

Dolph Lundgrens had a few movies released in the last couple years and they are fairly decent, I know some of them are on ITunes to rent.

Comment

That photo makes him look like he's de-aging back into the Demolition Man!

And to think, once he's finished this film... it's Rambo 5 time!

Comment

Just read that Arnie is also due to appear in this, although only as a cameo. Lining up to be best movie ever, nevermind best action movie!

Comment

Working...
                              X