Lie To Me - New US TV Series with Tim Roth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lie To Me - New US TV Series with Tim Roth

Has anybody else seen the first episode of this?

Tim Roth (speaking with his normal accent rather than some put on American one) plays Cal Lightman who is the world's leading deception expert. Think CSI but they catch the baddy by looking at body language and reactions people give to questions etc and you're pretty much there. In this episode he has to determine whether a high school student is guilty of murdering his teacher after he is caught running from her house by the police. Cue lots of interviews with different people and lots of close ups of hands clenching, eyebrows raising and teeth grinding.

Really good stuff actually. The missus only got it because it was advertised over the episode of Fringe that she was watching the other day but we both think it was great and can't wait for the next episode.

The cast is good. Only Roth seems to be the only 'named actor' I recognise but the rest of the ensemble are believable. Particularly like the guy who is 'rampantly honest' - no lies whatsoever which made for some funy comments.

I recommend this highly!!

What is it like compared to Psych, The Mentalist etc? While there are differences, they all seem to be using the same basic ideas which makes me think they won't all last.....

Comment

Its good, i think Roth is excellent in it and i'll definitely keep watching it. Just hope it survives the cut, always seems like shows I like get cut by the US networks.

Comment

Just watched the first episode (second one on the way). I enjoyed it quite a lot. Reminds me of Dexter. Just wish it wasn't so spoonfed, they explain everything in so much detail it's kind of annoying. Hopefully that's just a first episode thing though. Also, the end twist was very predictable (guess that was because I was thinking of Hunter - that two part drama on BBC 1 recently).

Comment

I think the 'spoonfeeding' will gradually reduce over time. A bit like CSI where at the beginning it was "yes, I'll grab the Luminol. Thatveill help us see blood under a UV lamp". Why one of the other characters didn't turn around and say "I know. I went to university as well, moron".

This, along with House and Bones are my current telly choices. House is getting back into it's stride after a wobbly start to Season 5 and Bones is always excellent!

I hope this does survive the cut.

EDIT: Have just watched the second episode and it was great! Good story,

nice misdirection

and a decent sub-story.
          Last edited by teddymeow; 02-02-2009, 19:56.

Comment

Late to the party but we're absolutely loving this! Can't wait for season 2 to resume in June!

Comment

Working...
            X