God Squad Hits Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Squad Hits Back

Some cracking comments at te bottom of the article.

'Like sheep the religious follow - so much so that they copy someone elses ad campaign!'

'From the ASA website:
    Before distributing or submitting a marketing communication for publication, marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims, whether direct or implied, that are capable of objective substantiation
    Well, this ought to be good!'

Note no use of 'probably', I'll be filing a compaint as this clearly cannot be upheld. ;-)

So the Christian Party ad states that there definitely is a God. Can't wait to see how they prove this to the ASA.

Comment

To settle this, they should have two buses, one full of atheists with the atheist advert and another full of Christians with a Christian advert. Then drive them both off a cliff.

If a big hand comes down from the sky and saves the Christian bus, I will bow to their greater knowledge. But if both buses crash to the bottom in mahoosive fireball, then the Christians must accept they have been wrong for all this time.

Comment

But Brats 'Thou Shalt Not Test God!'

Comment

they should do a bus ad saying "there is a god... COWER MORTALS AND BEG FORGIVENESS"

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
            To settle this, they should have two buses, one full of atheists with the atheist advert and another full of Christians with a Christian advert. Then drive them both off a cliff.

If a big hand comes down from the sky and saves the Christian bus, I will bow to their greater knowledge. But if both buses crash to the bottom in mahoosive fireball, then the Christians must accept they have been wrong for all this time.
            You have just given Michael Bay another idea for a film. I hope you get a decent cut!

Comment

How does the church generate a marketing budget? I thought collection plate money was spent solely on church roofs.

I do like the way this is being fought on buses though. It's a much nicer forum for the God/no god debate than blowing yourself up.

Comment

Read a great joke about religion today:

"Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend..."

Perfick

Comment

The atheist bus had a cheeky sense of humour, that religious or not, I would have liked to think anyone could have found slightly amusing.

The "God Squad" obviously think they're actually being funny and good-spirited by making their own response (though more importantly they're duty-bound to enforce their views and uphold God's message more than anything). But it's ironic that with the "definitely" stance, the Christians just come across as petty over-compensating idiots.

And in the process they have depressingly (but completely unsurprisingly) missed the point of the original atheist message.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    How does the church generate a marketing budget? I thought collection plate money was spent solely on church roofs.

I do like the way this is being fought on buses though. It's a much nicer forum for the God/no god debate than blowing yourself up.
                    Hmmm, a nice moral debate could be had there. Does the Church spend hard cash on promoting something that has been around for 2000 years or does it divert that cash to help the needy?

Comment

I will 100% complain to ASA over these ads asking for proof.

I bloody hate religion and the humourless idiots who promote it

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
                        Hmmm, a nice moral debate could be had there. Does the Church spend hard cash on promoting something that has been around for 2000 years or does it divert that cash to help the needy?
                        Don't forget the front groups! Which hide their religious intent with programs so that they're able to slowly indoctrinate them with their beliefs. For example, look at the Alcoholics Anonymous with their twelve step program.

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
                          Read a great joke about religion today:

"Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend..."

Perfick
                          and yet it still makes more sense than how WW1 started

Comment

By praying - I have faith, getting an answer - I have schizophrenia

Comment

Why do they need to advertise religion? What the hell are all the churches, minsters and catherels for?
                              I live in Beverley and walk past a huge Minster everyday. If a building like that doesn't get me intrested in religion a crap Ad Campain on a bus certainly isn't. Same goes for the God Botherers shouting on street corners, i don't go round shouting and telling people not to beleive in god!
                              Can't we just all get along??

Comment

Working...
                              X