BT = money grabbing gits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT = money grabbing gits

So I get what looks like a piece of BT junk-mail today headed as "Two Great Ways To Save Money With BT" telling me I can now call 0845/0870 numbers for free and also BT's Total BB Hub for free too. Whoppee!

Then I read the rest of the letter and I find they're deleting the Friends & Family discount scheme, which I use, and replacing it with two services "better suited to the type of calls our customers make today". What are these two new schemes? Calls to Friend & Family Mobiles and International.

WTF do I want an international discount for as I don't have any relatives overseas. I specifically don't call friends and family members on mobile numbers from my landline because of the significntly higher tarrif. Under this new scheme I can now get to phone them on their mobiles at a reduced price but I'll pay more than I am now to connect to their landline phone. Erm - that's a price rise however you disguise it.

So two useless 'products', one price rise but worse to come hidden in the paragraph marked "We're making a few other changes too" is a line rental increase of ?1/month. Although I can apparently mitigate that by signing up to paper free billing I would assume that if you were already doing that you'd be hit with the full rental increase as well.

So this weasely piece of mail from BT supposedly about saving me money means that come April I'm actually going to be paying 10% - 15% more than I am now.

Angry, very angry.

Ugh I will add my 2 cents to the BT rant, trying to use their payphones ot call someone, it wanted no less than 40 pence for this, bearing in mind I am ringing a land line, then because the call reengage to be passed onto call divert, this caused it to eat the money and screw me out of a call.

Comment

Working...
    X