A Very British Storm Junkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very British Storm Junkie

For anyone interested in extreme weather conditions (no, not snow...) then this show will be worth a watch:

It's on Thursday, 9pm on Channel 4.

I had the pleasure of working with Stuart on a contract once, and he was a real character. Loads of stories and jokes and he's, quite obviously, completely mad.

</advert over>

Well I enjoyed it

Comment

Meant to set the Sky plus for this but it slipped my mind. Hopefully if it will be repeated on More 4 or something. Can't be arsed reinstalling 4oD again. My anti-virus software hates it.

Comment

It was very good stuff. His enthusiasm is just amazing.

A hobby that takes proper dedication, time and money. Bit like gaimg eh.

Comment

I wonder if he sits on messages boards arguing just like gamers, too?

WHAT? THAT STORM ONLY GOT A 7 OUT OF 10?!

Comment

just caught up with this, a great little doc about a proper british eccentric

i like the way he didn't really seem to take much scientific data from his experiences but just did it for the rush and some good pics/vids

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              i like the way he didn't really seem to take much scientific data from his experiences but just did it for the rush and some good pics/vids
              You not seen his website then?
              The automated weather station at Mountsorrel and Rothley is run and maintained by expert StormChaser Stuart Robinson who has worked in the field of I.T. all his life. The weather stations has some very technology advanced measuring sensors such as an ultrasonic anemometer for measuring windspeed and direction as well as a Pyranometer for measuring solar radiation from the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                I wonder if he sits on messages boards arguing just like gamers, too?

WHAT? THAT STORM ONLY GOT A 7 OUT OF 10?!
                Yep, he does on http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/

Comment

his website though looks like a bunch of instruments in his garden hooked up to his pc

whenever he chased storms he ran about like a 5 year old only occasionaly holding a wind speed guage up in the air.

maybe the doc just focussed on the people side of things (something it did very well), but i got the feeling he was a big kid who liked going 'wooooo' at extreme weather as there was no clues at all as to what scientific benefit he was deriving from his activities

Comment

Working...
                  X