Happy Pancake Day everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Pancake Day everyone!

Can't believe there isn't a thread already. So, how'd you like 'em? I prefer a thin, crispy edged cake, with a little lemon & sugar. They have to be the main meal too, none of this wussy 'after normal dinner' rubbish!

The thin kind.
    With lots of butter, then lots of sugar.
    roll it up, cover the top with butter and sugar.
    slice up and eat (looks like a swiss role in the end)

The garden centre cafe near me does excellent thick pancakes, they cook them fresh when you order them and they're lovely.

Comment

I haven't yet brought up the subject of pancakes with the missus. You know... just waiting... seeing where this will go.

Comment

No pancakes for tha Dogg.

Comment

This has to be the first year I can remember that I haven't had any. In stark contrast to everything else I eat (I eat very healthily), I like to soak mine in lemon juice and sprinkle them liberally with sugar.

Don't have them as a main meal, I have them afterwards... but I usually have enough to consider them the main part of the meal and spend the rest of the evening feeling sick.

Comment

Just had the one pancake as I prefer savoury ones. I made a caramel sauce with mine, and filled it with banana and vanilla ice cream. I then doused it in Amareto.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
              This has to be the first year I can remember that I haven't had any.
              Same here! This is depressing. I'm really hungry too

Comment

Sugar and Lemon please. Plenty of sugar as I don't have it in coffee or tea.

Get the stove on dear!

Comment

I had a few thick scotch style ones with berries and ice cream, didn't think I'd be having any but hey I was surprised.

Merry Pancake everyone!

Comment

Mine was delayed as I didn't get in until 20:15.

Tonight is the night, two pans, one for crepes with lemon and sugar, one for buttermilk american types with maple.

Comment

Had Crispy Duck from the local Chinese >_<

Comment

Whats this sugar and lemon garbage? Pfft, you guys got no idea on how to eat pancakes. Theres only one way. Butter and Vegemite. The best and ONLY good way on how to eat a pancake.

Comment

Surprised you didn't say beetroot and pineapple.

Such a refined palatte the Aussies have.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
                            Whats this sugar and lemon garbage? Pfft, you guys got no idea on how to eat pancakes. Theres only one way. Butter and Vegemite. The best and ONLY good way on how to eat a pancake.
                            Don't get me started on Vegemite! I tried some when I was in Oz, thinking it can't be that bad...but it is, it really is!

An acquired taste Marmite may be, but Vegemite is just plain wrong on all levels!

Comment

OI! Dont be jealous We Aussies have the best taste. Its not a Hamburger without Beetroot. That stuff makes the burger!

And Vegemite is awesome. But theres a trick. ONLY use a very light spred because otherwise its uneatable. And on pancakes it is unreal!

Comment

Working...
                              X