Revenge movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge movies

i love these Type of films ...things like counte of monte cristo ...kill bill etc

Can someone name some revenge movies ? (anime to...i think afro samurai would count as that )

One of my favourites, although probably not a classic is

lucky number slevin

. (Added spoiler cos it doesn't really explain itself as a revenge film til the end).

The ultimate revenge film must be I Spit on Your Grave, surely.

Comment

A couple of recent-ish ones:

Death Sentence
      The Brave One
      Man on Fire
      Payback
      V for Vendetta

and of course the classic:

Death Wish (only the first though!)
      The Godfather (kind of revenge...)

Comment

Jesus Christ, we've forgotten The Crow! Not just a great revenge film, but a great film full stop, and it only cost us one Brandon Lee.

Comment

Any of the films in The Vengeance Trilogy: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance. Oldboy's one of my favourite films ever.

Comment

Chan Wook Park's "vengeance trilogy" is awesome if you don't mind Korean flicks:

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
            Oldboy
            (Sympathy for) Lady Vengeance

You mentioned anime too, check out Gonzo's adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo. The strange curtain pattern clothes will probably give you a seizure, but it's such a good adaptation that works incredibly well.

Comment

SAVAGE STREETS!

Trailer for one of my favorite movies EVER - the 1984 revenge/exploitation flick SAVAGE STREETS starring Linda Blair, Linnea Quigley, and John Vernon! As fe...

More tit and badass one liners than you can handle!

Comment

^ If you like that, check out Vigilante too.

Comment

Robocop

Comment

another one for oldboy...that is one fooked up film

Comment

Once Upon A Time in The West. (Best revenge film ever)
                      Black Angel/ Kuro no Tenshi Parts 1 & 2
                      Get Carter
                      Straw Dogs
                      Last House on the Left
                      Ms. 45
                      Dead Mans Shoes

Comment

Mad Max!

First one is best and we all know it.

Nice choice in Dead Mans Shoes for deffo ^ mega.

Comment

Taken

Comment

Uh.. I forgot something. Again. Twin Town is actually the best revenge film ever. Very satisfying ending. Great film, especially if you've ever lived in Wales

Comment

The original Get Carter - as already mentioned - is proper fantastic.

Theatre Of Blood - Vincent Price as a Shakespearean ham actor who murders his critics through methods inspired by The Great Bard's works. Though it's well-dated, it still has this really nasty, scuzzy edge about it, and it's actually pretty sickening, even though you don't really see anything And you could also see the fairly similar The Abominable Dr. Phibes, which is another Vincent Price revenge flick from a similar erea, though I watched it recently and found it a bit meh.

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - low key Clive Owen/Malcolm McDowall/Jonathan Rhys Myers East End gangster revenge-type affair, but the revenge doesn't deliver quite the blast I hoped it would. Interesting, though.

Coffy - arse-kicking blaxploitation epic starring Pam Grier. Absolutely awesome, guns, big tits, pimps, beautiful music, everything.

Plus, though The Punisher is a bit of a curate's egg of a film, being 75% dull and wrong/25% brilliant, it has an awesome revenge on John Travolta at the end, one that was completely unexpected, at least for me, and all the more satisfying that it was Travolta.

Comment

Working...
                              X