Deal or no deal is for cretins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal or no deal is for cretins...

...and Noel Edmonds is worse than David Icke, discuss.

True story. Although my obsession for all things 90s protects Noel Edmonds from my vitriol.

Comment

I always get sucked into watching it but i hate it. Noels head it far too big for his body and the bull**** clapping after every box...hate!

Comment

IT'S JUST PICKING RANDOM NUMBERS

They may as well do "Heads or tails"

Just do it with low level lighting, take 5 minutes to do every flip, get family members in for 'support', keep talking about strategy like there's a hidden depth to it.

Comment

Loved it when they mocked it on (appropriately) Mock The Week one time. Gotta agree with Dara O'Briain, I hate they way they all pretend to be best mates and have to say some crap like "You're an inspiration to us all, good luck mate!" before they open a box!!! It's just **** in every possible way, catching a mere glimpse of it when walking past the living room is enough to annoy me.

Comment

Isn't there a DS game? What, no first play thread?

Comment

I like ITV's new version of the same game with Chris Tarrant - Colour of Money.

Another stupid game of chance that has no skill whatsoever but everyone talks like there's some hidden strategy to a load of random boxes.

Both are rubbish & shouldnt be on telly...although I wouldnt complain to winning the money they do sometimes.

Neil

Comment

I really hate it. Edmonds is a complete tool as well.

"Ooh, you're playing a good game" **** off.

The only thing I like about it is when one of the morons is all like "I've got a good feeling about this box" and the idiotic crowd start chanting "BLUE, BLUE, BLUE" and then BAM, ?250,000 gone! Game over.

Comment

I'm convinced Noel Edmonds is the anti-christ...

He must have at least sold his soul to the devil in-order to resurrect his comatose career. The morons who think there's some kind of skill to it do my nut in too.

Oh and as anyone else noticed that all the contestants look like the kind of people who randomly try talk to you in a supermarket?
                  Last edited by dotoko; 10-03-2009, 16:11.

Comment

At least in the American version women in bikini's open the boxes. We just get a bunch of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      Loved it when they mocked it on (appropriately) Mock The Week one time. Gotta agree with Dara O'Briain, I hate they way they all pretend to be best mates and have to say some crap like "You're an inspiration to us all, good luck mate!" before they open a box!!! It's just **** in every possible way, catching a mere glimpse of it when walking past the living room is enough to annoy me.
                      that's it! it's like some hive mind Koresh community that must be burned!

Comment

If it was a fast programme and on for five minutes before the news, I'd probably watch the odd episode. But it's just a simple format horribly dragged out for aaagggggeeees, mainly by Noel talking to a dial tone.

I'd love to go on it and act all friendly, then when someone chooses the ?250,000 box go and laugh in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                          If it was a fast programme and on for five minutes before the news, I'd probably watch the odd episode. But it's just a simple format horribly dragged out for aaagggggeeees, mainly by Noel talking to a dial tone.

I'd love to go on it and act all friendly, then when someone chooses the ?250,000 box go and laugh in their face.
                          In his support, Noel is probably talking to a producer of the show - I don't think it's him that makes up the offers on the fly after all.

Comment

Depressing show, making stupid people rich, yey. Bring back 15 to one & blockbusters.

Comment

I've seen a good few deal or no deals. While eating dinner, or if my Mum is waiting for Paul O'Grady...

You gotta love the way most players come on. Starting with an Oprah Winfrey-esque story to get the must win, feeling going. So you've a baby on the way and you might be made redundent. Your family died in a freak boating accident. Or your just a head in a jar and we're playing for the money for a new transplant body!*...

Nearly forgot, add to this his, stupid accent of the day. Oh your from Wales, Norfolk, Scotland, Ireland or Jamaica. Uncanny resemblance, Noel. My God is there no end to this guys talent !

The comes, Noel backing the player, "dreams can come true", "life changing money", "welcome to the dream factory" etc... Then later when they deal on six grand, after turnig down fifteen, two minutes earlier ! Then when they try and knock out the blues, to end the game. Noel seems to go from Dr Jekyl to Mr Hyde, "Oh, have you made a terrible mistake !", "if only you had the courage !". When in their box is hundred grand ! Smug idiot...

I always get the feeling though, that it's (slightly) rigged ? Based on the amount of infomation the show seems to collect about the contestant. It use to be a name and address, was enough to be on a tv game-show. People on this usually have lucky numbers and birthdays etc.. Which would make it easier to add in element fate. By the law of averages, every show should be about roughtly the same, over a given number of weeks.

Yoy could really, play the same weeks worth of the shows. Just rewind and repeat for eternity. Noel fashion sense, would give it away...

To true MyNameIsBruce, 15 to 1 was a great show. At least their was skill involved...

* Slightly exaggerated

Comment

Working...
                              X